Dynadot

Do you believe in God

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kunal kumar

Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Soon the wars will stop, but as long as it's needed, there is need to stop those who spread corruption in land by force.. that's why we have these police right? 8 people just got killed in Ohio, religion was not behind it.. Religion is not the only motive behind wars.. some people need to sell weapons, give loans..

I am not sure I am following what your saying but I think it's getting off topic so I am leaving it.

•••
People kill other people, rape other people, steal from them.. is it always because of religion? Ask yourself.

•••
The problem are bad people, from all colours, religions, ateists, straight, gay, lesbians, transsexuals, white, black, yellow, with blue, brown or green eyes. My point is, you couldnt generalise. just from the perspective of 1 sight which defines the individual.

•••
Sorry, didnt know about that. To me it sounded like a strong statement, like the ones who would like to ban the freedom of speach in Europe. We have now a really unnecessary discussion in Germany, because 1 man did a satirical show about Erdogan and Kanzlerin apologized in the name of Germany. Now everybody is talking about that 3 weeks here.

•••
I think religion brings hate and divides people rather than brings people closer together, that’s why there’s no place for it in today’s world.

Personally I think if people just believed in a higher power their own way and worshiped this higher power in their own way the world would be a much better place.

Me just saying that though, I’m going to burn in hell according to some faiths and that’s the whole problem.

‘You’re either with us or against us’.

•••
Sorry, didnt know about that. To me it sounded like a strong statement, like the ones who would like to ban the freedom of speach in Europe. We have now a really unnecessary discussion in Germany, because 1 man did a satirical show about Erdogan and Kanzlerin apologized in the name of Germany. Now everybody is talking about that 3 weeks here.

What I meant by that statement is that the 'enforcing your beliefs' thing should go both ways, I see most atheists making fun of God and religion and aggressively promoting the evolution theory which they believe to be true, but when a religious person does that, it's called 'enforcing religion by force'. That's injustice imho

•••
I am a frequent volunteer to man a weekly "Ask the Atheist" booth in my city. Our group is the only group in the country to do something like this continuously, and has been doing the weekly booth for 4 years. I have worked there about 1 year.

I'm slowly putting together a website to document my experiences there, and I highly recommend others improve their community by putting together a similar booth in other cities. I've put together information on doing this at the same website, and I'll be adding to it as I get time.

Http://AtheistSoapbox.com

•••
What I meant by that statement is that the 'enforcing your beliefs' thing should go both ways, I see most atheists making fun of God and religion and aggressively promoting the evolution theory which they believe to be true, but when a religious person does that, it's called 'enforcing religion by force'. That's injustice imho

To put it more accurately, atheists don't "believe" in science, they accept the evidence provided by scientists in peer reviewed studies as true. You seem to be unaware of the scientific definition of "theory", it's different from the common language definition, but even worse it's rare that I meet a person who doesn't "believe" in evolution, it usually turns out that they don't understand it, or even the basics of evolution.

•••
I just believe its hard to teach that everything is a consequence of God after 100 years of relativistic theory and quantum theory. If you ignore science, its fine with me, but than try to boil water without heat in Earth atmosphere, I bet you can pray extremely loud and long and it wouldnt be of much help. Like those alternative "bunnies" who criticise corporations with a bottle of Cola in one hand and Marlboro in another.

•••
Why should someone believe in Jesus ?
Why you don,t believe in yourself ?

there is no God or Jesus
never was

learn your history

Youtube is full of good movies

arrogant & silly human

•••
I was a off topic, so I am out. I believe some people do believe in God, but actually no religion in the world suits them.

•••
arrogant & silly human

Religious people will be happy to tell you that out of the 7 billion people on earth, which is one of a trillion planets, that they are "special" and "deserve to live forever" and "the creator knows how many hairs are on my head".... and then say that atheists are arrogant.

Seriously -- you can't make up comedy like this!

•••
To believe in God is to want more out of life. Unfortunately once you stop living, life is gone. And there goes God...

•••
I won't get into a discussion about this, I respect your beliefs, please respect mine. Thanks

I respect everyone's beliefs. Do you believe in not discussing? Because I can respect that.

•••
To believe in God is to want more out of life. Unfortunately once you stop living, life is gone. And there goes God...

There is absolutely nothing that can be done with religion that can't be done without religion.

There are many cultures who have never been exposed to religion, or lived before the first religion arrived that discussed the possibility of some experience after death, so it's just not accurate to say that religion is required.

Also, if I am wrong and there is a god type entity, there is no reason that atheist and people of "other" religions will not experience it. That's only something written in one old, badly written booth that's full of contradictions and rejected by 6 of the 7 billion people on the planet right now.

And even if somehow THAT is the "right" religion, that God says that he created evil as well as heaven, and the description of both is full of a crazy number of contradictions and logical impossibilities... but that in itself would be a monster of a thread.

•••
•••
There is no need to argue about anything because everyone believes in different things and let us all respect one another beliefs.
Cheers

Several of those "beliefs" include the right to murder, rape, and remove civil rights from those who won't submit to the same beliefs. Are you seriously saying you "respect" a gang of people advocating for your rape and murder??

Here's a lovely snippet from the Christians' Holy Bible, in Numbers 31:
31:17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
31:18
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

I do not respect a theology that advocates rape and murder in it's "holiest book".

•••
•••
I respect everyone's beliefs. Do you believe in not discussing? Because I can respect that.
What if I believe in not respecting what others believe? Do you respect that?

•••
Two things you should never talk about online or anywhere for that matter. Religion & Politics. They will always turn the conversation into an argument, create conflict or start a war.

•••
Two things you should never talk about online or anywhere for that matter. Religion & Politics. They will always turn the conversation into an argument, create conflict or start a war.

the reason for all Wars are the wrong belief in any kind God ( YHWH ) or whatever

there is no God , never was

•••

Absolutely not true. I've discussed religion almost every week for several hours with strangers, many of them missionaries and church leaders. The vast majority are calm, reasonable discussions, and we've never had a violent incident in 4 years of weekly, all-day discussions of religion with the public. Occasionally someone will walk by and yet a threat or insult, and they are Christians 100% of the time. We just don't respond.

Online discussions can be more hostile UNLESS you stick to the facts. The benefit of online discussion is that you can directly link to bible scriptures to make your point -- or to crime stats when discussion how religious people are the least moral segment of society, and commit violent crimes and a far higher rate than atheists.

An important thing to remember when discussing religion with religious people is that you are almost always talking to VICTIMS of con men who have been forcing their con on them their entire lives, and utterly demand that they con their own children, sometimes even demanding sexual access to children, as we all now have learned. They are generally just moral people wanting to connect with other moral people, and they've been told a series of lies to make them think that a church is the only way to do it. Surveys tell us that 90% of Christians know very little about the bible, and many are shocked when I show them that they book they've been "living by" for 50 or more years condones incest, slavery, murder, genocide, and rape. Also, speak about the problem of religion in general, otherwise you'll get a nonsense argument that you're somehow just "anti-Christian".

Last edited:
•••
I believe in being a good person and striving to be honest, caring, and helpful but do not believe that I need a "higher power" to achieve those things. I believe we are born, we live, and we will die, and we should make the most out of that time to strive for a great existence that also leaves behind a better existence for others.

•••
•••
yes i am arrogant - of course

in someday, u ll find urself a piece of nothing, not even a shit.

ridiculous that human being so pride of their shitty life.

you may think you only believe in yourself, but ask yourself, are you sure. You are just pretending you are someone wealthy, wise, rational, knowledgeable.... however, all just shit. You cheat yourself. All fake.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back