IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry, @Embrand . Not sure what you mean. Do you mean this thread on NP? or your BB profile/folio? or something else?

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think it would be nice if it were possible to not have a public BrandBucket page. Or at least do as Brandpa and make the URL a random one that is difficult to find.

Can you elaborate on why you think it should be more difficult?

•••
Can you elaborate on why you think it should be more difficult?

I just think maybe it should be optional.

One concern I have is if a potential buyer finds a profile and sees that a name he or she is interested in is much more expensive than a pretty similar, older name.

CVCV.com prices have increased a lot in just a few years for example. You can buy the old listing xato(.)com for $17K, whereas new listing xito(.)com is listed at $75K... A buyer might, with reason, ask why there is such a huge difference.

Of course it would be preferable if BB adjusted some of these older prices, but I realize that is a big and difficult task. Adjusting up by 20 percent yourself won't help much.

Last edited:
•••
One concern I have is if a potential buyer finds a profile and sees that a name he or she is interested in is much more expensive than a pretty similar, older name.

As long as both names are listed on BB, I think a buyer will find them anyway

Of course it would be preferable if BB adjusted some of these older prices, but I realize that is a big and difficult task. Adjusting up by 20 percent yourself won't help much.

I agree that it would be the best solution and personally I would have difficulty explaining a buyer why xito costs 58K more than xato (I think xito is better but 58K better ??) - Overall, I think that pricing sometime seems very random, for example I find it difficult to understand why Sylo have a pricetag of 150K and Vodi, (which is one of the best brandable in the video-on-demand genre) is priced 70K less - but maybe it's just me?

Last edited:
•••
As long as both names are listed on BB, I think a buyer will find them anyway

I agree that it would be the best solution and personally I would have difficulty explaining a buyer why xito costs 58K more than xato (I think xiti is better but 58K better ??) - Overall, I think that pricing sometime seems very random, for example. I find it difficult to understand why Sylo costs 150K and Vodi, (which is one of the best brandable in the video-on-demand genre) is priced 70K less - but maybe it's just me?

Yes, I guess you are right that the similar names will show up when the customer does a search anyway...

The pricing issue really is difficult. I have to admit I was also surprised by the sylo(.)com price tag.

•••
Good discussion.

@Embrand, A couple of points that might help you:
  1. If you have a listing that was priced several years ago and you feel it's under-priced, send an email to BB and ask for a reassessment and potential price update. BB appreciates being alerted to an under-priced domain as it means more profits for both parties when/if a sale occurs.
  2. Some BB sellers prefer to keep their BB folio private. If you would like to have more privacy for your BB folio you can simply go to your BB dashboard and edit your profile name. This should automatically change the URL of your profile to match your new name. If it doesn't, then contact BB and they will make the change you desire. Going forward, if you keep your new BB profile name and URL to yourself, it's unlikely anyone will be able to find or view your BB folio online.
bandicam 2018-05-26 17-10-21-977.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Good discussion.

@Embrand, A couple of points that might help you:
  1. If you have a listing that was priced several years ago and you feel it's under-priced, send an email to BB and ask for a reassessment and potential price update. BB appreciates being alerted to an under-priced domain as it means more profits for both parties when/if a sale occurs.
  2. Some BB sellers prefer to keep their BB folio private. If you would like to have more privacy for your BB folio you can simply go to your BB dashboard and edit your profile name. This should automatically change the URL of your profile to match your new name. If it doesn't, then contact BB and they will make the change you desire. Going forward, if you keep your new BB profile name and URL to yourself, it's unlikely anyone will be able to find or view your BB folio online.
Show attachment 89123

Thanks for this, @Keith DeBoer.

Yes, I know you can change profile name. I have done it a few times already actually. But it still gets indexed in Google I guess?

I guess you are right that BB would only be happy with higher prices. But I fear it takes a long time to have prices increased. I know it is not entirely the same, but Travis over at DomainShane just complained how long it takes to appeal a price (not sure if I am allowed to link):

https://dsad.com/travs-list-domains-auction-may-25th-2018/

•••
Yes, it's true, it takes a while to get appeal requests through the pipe. They are second priority after the review and publication of new names but even so, the wait time is too long.

•••
It seems BB is getting too many domain name submissions. I am experiencing delays in appraisals and editorials.

•••
>> "I am experiencing delays in appraisals and editorials."

For your comparison period, how many names have you submitted and over what period of time for each test period?

Meaning - what is your benchmark period you are comparing against?

The reason I ask - I am curious what you are using as a trend line and at what time period are you comparing it to.

For example - In the past 3 years the Review window and Editorial/Logo period has changed drastically. Previously from April 2015 through to March 2016 the wait period was off the scale crazy and took 90+ days from Submit to Publish. Today the Review window and Editorial period combined runs around 20 days from Submit to Publish. Over 300+ names submitted back in the 2015/2016 period mentioned and also another 300+ names submitted recently (past 90 days) as our benchmark comparison.

In this example - the experience has been a 4X (4-fold) reduction in wait period.

Last edited:
•••
If the publishing fee comes back. This is how the comparison looks:

OLD PROGRAM
100 submitted
15 accepted (15%)
Registration fees: 100 X $9 = $900
BrandBucket listing fees: 15 X $10 = $150
Total: $1050
$70 per published name

GROWTH PROGRAM
100 submitted
15 accepted (15%)
Registration fees: 15 X $9 = $135
BrandBucket submission fees: 100 X $1 = $100
BrandBucket listing fees: 15 X $9 = $135
Total: $370
$24.67 per published name

With all due respect, you are not comparing apples to apples.

You are treating unpublished names as trash with zero value, while they can be listed on BR, BP, Afternic, Sedo, own platform etc.

So Old Program cost is actually $9 to register, $10 to list per name, $19/name total per published name.

The other 85 names have zero relevance to BB and shouldn't be part of your math. I sell more % of BB rejected names than I sell % of BB listed names.

•••
I'm new to BB and just submitted a little over 20 names. I submitted my first batch of like 10 or so names on 5/25 with more every day since. All of them are still pending review except for one that I submitted 5/27 which got rejected pretty quickly (within a day or so). I must admit it was a crappy name, but is that typical? Do they have an initial filter with a quick rejection for some names and then take some time to either accept or reject others, or does that mean the rest of mine all have a good chance of being accepted? Thanks, and sorry for being such a noob!

•••
I'm new to BB and just submitted a little over 20 names. I submitted my first batch of like 10 or so names on 5/25 with more every day since. All of them are still pending review except for one that I submitted 5/27 which got rejected pretty quickly (within a day or so). I must admit it was a crappy name, but is that typical? Do they have an initial filter with a quick rejection for some names and then take some time to either accept or reject others, or does that mean the rest of mine all have a good chance of being accepted? Thanks, and sorry for being such a noob!
If I remember correctly, names that had been rejected previously will come back as rejected pretty quickly.

•••
It looks like you submitted a previously rejected name. So it was automatically rejected again within 24 hours after submission (without a manual review).

•••
It looks like you submitted a previously rejected name. So it was automatically rejected again within 24 hours after submission (without a manual review).

Makes sense. Thanks.

•••
I have two 4L .com domain that BB recommended listing price: $80000 and $41995.

What is the biggest sale of 4L .com from BB? Please give me some advice if possible. Thank you.

•••
•••
The name is Soluty.
Show attachment 78360 TO Show attachment 78361

The new logo looks more visually appealing though. The redesign happened less than 3 months ago.

To me, it looks like BB is trying to add standalone icons to logos without one, as seen in the Moblios and Claya logo redesign too. However, I still have names without icons in their logo.

All the redesigns seen so far support @Brandworthy theory that "you cannot have multiple colours in any letter (or word)." However, I still have names with two colours in their words.

Seems only BB can explain what happened.

I mentioned above that BB redesigned the logo for one of my names without a request in January.

I logged into my account yesterday to find out that another one of my names just got an unsolicited logo redesign.

Someone at BB must have noticed that my last sale happened almost 2 years ago and decided to freshen things up for me. (y)(y)

NB: I have a very small portfolio of 14 names on BB
Illu Old.JPG
TO
Illu New.JPG

•••
Hey all, I am pretty new to BB. Have a request to make to them ?
What is the fastest method to get a response from them ?

TIA.

•••
•••
•••
Any one sold nything at BB recently

•••
Sellers seem to prefer reporting their BB sales at this thread.

•••
Does anyone know if it's still the case that BrandBucket will always re-publish/accept names that were previously published?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back