Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, they will as long as the new owner has an account and is good standing.

The new owner, simply needs to email BB ([email protected]) and inform BB that they are the new owner and could BB please place the domain into their BB acct.

The new owner will then validate the domain in their BB account dashboard (validate means BB verifies that the domain is pointing to BB via 301 redirect or BB nameservers). The new owner can then adjust the price if they like and then click publish. At that point the domain should go live on the BB website within minutes with the original logo.

•••
I am having almost 300 BB names but 0 sales with brandbucket with same username :(..not sure if they are biased

•••
I am having almost 300 BB names but 0 sales with brandbucket with same username :(..not sure if they are biased

They have over 50,000. It is a waiting game my friend. :sleep::sleep::sleep:

•••
Been there from 2016 not still experiencef a sale...with bb

•••
Been there from 2016 not still experiencef a sale...with bb

If your username on BB is BrandUltra, your profile says you joined in April 2018. Wanna clarify?

brand.JPG

•••
Before I was in partnership with my friend then went solo after new growth plan...even that time we had no sale....juat hoping to have a sale soon ...let's see

Last edited:
•••

Over what period? 300 is a fair sample size and you should average 6 to 12 sales per year or 1 sale per 1 to 2 months.

•••

Last edited:
•••
Over what period? 300 is a fair sample size and you should average 6 to 12 sales per year or 1 sale per 1 to 2 months.

I have 771 domains with BB. Just sold 2 so far. Started in Nov 2017. I am going to see how many i sell by end of this year.

300 domains. 6-12 sales a year? I don't think that is going to happen. BB has over 50000 domain now.

I will update you guys in few months. It is a waiting...

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
Wishful thinking but far from reality

•••
I have had between 250 and 290 names listed on BB for the last 3 years and I have sold 6 names on average per years (wish it was more) - For most of the sellers it would probably be better if BB had fewer names but maybee some of the portfolios that sell less than 2% a year is not diversified enough and often have too many random 5-6-7 letters names without any relation to either a niche, a industry or a product - In my eyes BB has too many of that kind of names and you have to be lucky to sell one of them, for example if you have listed Yolomo a buyer interested in that kind of name might as well choose Xolomo, Selomo, Nolomo, etc.

•••
I have 300 names listed at BB, but have only had 4 sales total over 3 years. Purchase price, listing fee, renewal....it's a deep hole I am in and I can't even sell my way out of it due to the exclusivity clause.

•••
I have 300 names listed at BB, but have only had 4 sales total over 3 years. Purchase price, listing fee, renewal....it's a deep hole I am in and I can't even sell my way out of it due to the exclusivity clause.
Cut your losses (by selling some names wholesale) and just keep the names that have a good chance to sell.

•••
Wishful thinking but far from reality

I have 771 domains with BB. Just sold 2 so far. Started in Nov 2017. I am going to see how many i sell by end of this year.

300 domains. 6-12 sales a year? I don't think that is going to happen. BB has over 50000 domain now.

Why is it wishful?

6 out of 300 is only 2% sell through. BB was boasting 4%+ until they doubled their portfolio without big increase in sales and stopped publishing this info.

If marketplace is not making 2% at least for you a year on decent size portfolio (100+), then no point staying with them. With their 30% commission + logo + listing, 2% with BB is equivalent of around 1.2% when you sell through outbound+own marketplace+inbound+afternic+sedo+others.

•••
hey,

whats roughly the time for pending editorial ? as mine are way over a week now and still pending editorial.

thank you in advance for responses

•••
hey,

whats roughly the time for pending editorial ? as mine are way over a week now and still pending editorial.

thank you in advance for responses

It seems to be quite slow again. I just had one editorial finished after waiting about two weeks.

•••
Seems like both pending editorial and especially reviews are running super slow. I have some submissions from as far back as June 26 that are still pending review...

•••
me too :(

New names are being published at a steady clip, about 200 names per week for the past 2 months. But there is a back log from earlier months and they don't seem to be able to catch up.
Reviews have been super slow lately and I don't know why

Last edited:
•••
Some data - consistent with @wackawacka1 's and @Keith DeBoer 's observations.

We have (4) submissions in the "Pending Review" state dated June 29th. We have no submissions for the dates of June 26th, 27th, 28th so are unable to provide data for those dates.

Our last Acceptance Review date for names submitted by our team were submitted back on June 25th. All names submitted on that date by us have been provided Accepted/Rejected classifications.

Additionally, we happen to track our Submission date, Acceptance date, Editorial Review sent date, and Publish date for each of the names our team submits

Some extra insight...

- We have (3) names sent to Editorial Review back on June 19th that are not yet Published (LIVE). These names have been 17 days in the Editorial Review queue.

- We have (7) names sent to Editorial Review back on June 23rd that are not yet Published (LIVE). These names have been 13 days in the Editorial Review queue.

The ratio of higher value names ( > $2,500) to lower value names ( < $2,500) is consistent percentage wise for those names in the extended Editorial Review queue mentioned above. Some of the names in the higher value grouping were in the $5,000+ range. Standing in line like everyone else.

Yes, we do go a bit crazy with our tracking metrics. We group our names into 2 separate columns when they enter the Editorial Review queue. This provides our team an opportunity to observe the pace of each cluster going live versus those lingering and languishing in the queue

Coincidentally, the percentage of names in each pricing subgroup that were 13 days or greater in the Editorial Review queue is hovering at approx 40% for each subgroup (interesting it is so consistent for each subgroup cluster). 10 of 25 Accepted names have been in the Editorial Review queue for 13 days or greater. We have Zero (0) names with Editorial Review dates > 18 days.

This would appear to indicate that higher value names are not jumping to the front of the line. Agree, this is a small subset, but thought you might be interested in the metrics.

I hope the insight is helpful as a Publishing Queue benchmark...

-John

•••

We have (4) submissions in the "Pending Review" state dated June 29th. We have no submissions for the dates of June 26th, 27th, 28th so are unable to provide data for those dates.

Our last Acceptance Review date for names submitted by our team were submitted back on June 25th. All names submitted on that date by us have been provided Accepted/Rejected classifications.

Additionally, we happen to track our Submission date, Acceptance date, Editorial Review sent date, and Publish date for each of the names our team submits

Some extra insight...

- We have (3) names sent to Editorial Review back on June 19th that are not yet Published (LIVE). These names have been 17 days in the Editorial Review queue.

- We have (7) names sent to Editorial Review back on June 23rd that are not yet Published (LIVE). These names have been 13 days in the Editorial Review queue.

The ratio of higher value names ( > $2,500) to lower value names ( < $2,500) is consistent percentage wise for those names in the extended Editorial Review queue mentioned above. Some of the names in the higher value grouping were in the $5,000+ range. Standing in line like everyone else.

Yes, we do go a bit crazy with our tracking metrics. We group our names into 2 separate columns when they enter the Editorial Review queue. This provides our team an opportunity to observe the pace of each cluster going live versus those lingering and languishing in the queue

Coincidentally, the percentage of names in each pricing subgroup that were 13 days or greater in the Editorial Review queue is hovering at approx 40% for each subgroup (interesting it is so consistent for each subgroup cluster). 10 of 25 Accepted names have been in the Editorial Review queue for 13 days or greater. We have Zero (0) names with Editorial Review dates > 18 days.

This would appear to indicate that higher value names are not jumping to the front of the line. Agree, this is a small subset, but thought you might be interested in the metrics.

-John

I think you are right that higher value names do not jump the queue. Because I just had a 3-letter .com in queue for about two weeks before it was published. But it's fine with me that all names are treated equally.

•••

771 domains and only 2 sales?????:xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek:

you dont think you could have done better with afternic or using your own undeveloped landing pages ?????

Do those 2 sales even cover your renewals?:jawdrop:

•••
Like i said i started with BB in Nov of 2017. Let's see how many i sell with them by end of this year. If it does not cover my renewals, i guess then i have to figure something else.

I have over 1500 domains still trying to come up with game plan and still trying to organize them. It is hard to manage it all with full time job and family.

I will update you guys. :xf.smile:

•••

Some extra insight...

-John

Thanks for all that data! We have some rejections from 6/26 and 6/27 and one pending review from 6/26, and then from 6/28 on nothing has been reviewed. From their twitter feed @BB_Domains it seems they are churning out new domains at a steady clip so I assume maybe they aren't reviewing much temporarily as they try to catch up with the backlog of names in Editorial Review

•••
Like i said i started with BB in Nov of 2017. Let's see how many i sell with them by end of this year. If it does not cover my renewals, i guess then i have to figure something else.

I have over 1500 domains still trying to come up with game plan and still trying to organize them. It is hard to manage it all with full time job and family.

I will update you guys. :xf.smile:

If it has been already 8 months and you have grown gradually averaging 400 names, for example, it is already long enough with the portfolio of this size to draw conclusions. You are averaging around 1% sell through which is awful number for a brandable marketplace.

For example, with 2 other marketplaces with 1/4 of your portfolio size (around 150 names between them) in last 6 months I have sold 3 times more than you. BB has sold 1 name in the period with the average of around 120 names in the period, which is much worse than the others but still better than what you've got.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back