Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Once names are accepted they will appear in the DOMAINS/SUBMITTED section of your dashboard like this:

bandicam 2018-04-19 17-24-40-792.jpg

Just click on Publish ($0 Fee) and the page will reload and take you to the DOMAINS/LISTED section of your dashboard and look like this:

bandicam 2018-04-19 17-31-42-531.jpg

Next you need to go to your registrar and change the nameservers to :
ns1.brandbucket.com
ns2.brandbucket.com

Then go back to your BB dashboard and click VALIDATE DNS. When confirmed via a pop up window the page will auto reload. Then you need to click DESCRIPTION to adjust the price and write a description for the domain. Save. Then click the orange PUBLISH button and you are done!

Last edited:
•••
Now as I have some names waiting to be be published, but when i try to pay it say 10/domain,
Do I have to submit accepted names for review again?

The above instruction should help. If not send me a screen shot of the problem either via this thread of via a direct message and I'll help you further :)

•••
@AuctionBio - How long have you had your BB account?

The reason I ask, you may have an older style account that previously used the $10/name to publish model.

If so, email BB's support and ask to have your account converted over to the "Growth Program". Once that occurs, going forward you will only pay $1 to submit/name versus the older model of $10 to publish.

@Keith DeBoer - Is there a way to check his/her account to see which program they are under?

Not sure if this is what they're running into, but might be the case.

I hope the suggestion is helpful.

•••
Now as I have some names waiting to be be published, but when i try to pay it say 10/domain,
Do I have to submit accepted names for review again?
@Keith DeBoer You say that it has been a few months, but I have submitted names within 10 days that 3 have been accepted and it says $10 listing fee? I didn't pay the $1 when I submitted the 10 names, it didn't ask.
I will pay the $30 to list all 3, but is this $1 submission fee only for some customers or countries?

•••
@AuctionBio - How long have you had your BB account?

The reason I ask, you may have an older style account that previously used the $10/name to publish model.

If so, email BB's support and ask to have your account converted over to the "Growth Program". Once that occurs, going forward you will only pay $1 to submit/name versus the older model of $10 to publish.

@Keith DeBoer - Is there a way to check his/her account to see which program they are under?

Not sure if this is what they're running into, but might be the case.

I hope the suggestion is helpful.
I have been a customer since 2014. So maybe I have the older system?

•••
This thread might have opened a can of worms. :wideyed:

•••
@urljunky send an email to [email protected] and asked to be put on the "Growth Program"
which will allow you to pay only $1 per submission and free publishing.

As if this can be retroactive for the domains you recently submitted. See what they can work out for you :)

•••
@AuctionBio if your account was set up a few years ago you will also need to email [email protected] and ask to be placed on the "growth program" to get the free listings.

•••
I will pay the $30 then email to convert to growth program. Thanks for the info. @Keith DeBoer

•••
@urljunky / @AuctionBio -

I hope this is helpful...

There was an email sent out last year back on Jan 5, 2017 announcing the new (opt in) Growth Program. Like most, I read it and didn't initially join as I wasn't sure how it would play out. Then after a while I realized it was a great idea and emailed Julia ([email protected])

The email was sent to older account holders at the time. The title of the email was "BrandBucket Seller Growth Program".

At the time they were offering 50 credits if you joined, but that offer was only during the intro period. I missed out on the free credits, but am glad I joined the new program as it is a terrific program.

Suggestion - glance back thru your BB emails for one from "Michael at BrandBucket" dated Jan 5, 2017.

I hope the reference is helpful.

- I do vaguely recall that the new program only worked for new names submitted after joining the Growth Program and any original names submitted under the older program you still had to pay the $10/name to publish. But going forward, it's the balls!

Last edited:
•••

There was an email sent out last year back on Jan 5, 2017 announcing the new (opt in) Growth Program. Like most, I read it and didn't initially join as I wasn't sure how it would play out. Then after a while I realized it was a great idea and emailed Julia ([email protected])

The email was sent to older account holders at the time. The title of the email was "BrandBucket Seller Growth Program".

At the time they were offering 50 credits if you joined, but that offer was only during the intro period. I missed out on the free credits, but am glad I joined the new program as it is a terrific program.

Suggestion - glance back thru your BB emails for one from "Michael at BrandBucket" dated Jan 5, 2017.

- I do vaguely recall that the new program only worked for new names submitted after joining the Growth Program and any original names submitted under the older program you still had to pay the $10/name to publish. But going forward, it's the balls!

I just checked and did not receive that email. I've had an account since late 2014, do you think I can get into this too?

•••
I just checked and did not receive that email. I've had an account since late 2014, do you think I can get into this too?
Yes, everyone can get it.

You just have to email [email protected] and ask to go on the Growth Program.

•••

I found it.
Mine was actually from Michael and I received it 8/24/17
Thanks

•••
@AGAME / @urljunky -

From my perspective, the new "Growth Program" is the balls!

This was a great strategic move on BB's part and a welcomed change to the older "$10 per publish" model.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions on it. Glad to answer questions off-line.

Also, glad @JimJammy mentioned you can still join. I wasn't sure if the (transfer over) program was still open. Good to hear it is.

To be honest - I am surprised other "brandable" marketplaces haven't moved to this model.

It is like the good ol' days of "sampling" with registrars. Very efficient and the $1 per submit is reasonable. If you have > 33% acceptance rate you've cut your publishing cost by 1/3 as once your get accepted, you no longer have that $10 hurdle (fee) to pay.

Last edited:
•••
@AGAME / @urljunky -

BTW - another little tidbit on the "Growth Program".

They offers a 10% discount on Credits if buy in bulk of 100 units at a time..

This will cut your cost down even further from "$1 per submit" to only "$0.91 per submit" with the program. ( $100 / 110 credits purchased in bulk)

If you do any volume of submissions with them, it's the way to go.

Last edited:
•••
I haven't been using BB for about a year now I think and today I tried to push an "Approved" domain to another account but I never saw the option to do it. Has it been removed?

•••
OK, so I am able to give a BrandBucket update. I opened my account with BB and added my first name just about 8 weeks ago.

I spent about 120 listing names, thinking to myself wow over $100 just to get a handful accepted...

Well I spent it and the return has been outstanding. In the 8 weeks, and my 100+ in listing costs, 2 of my names have sold and I am positive several thousand bucks.

So I can say, with out doubt, my experience has been positive.

Thanks BB and good luck all

PS - I would say give them a shot if you haven't yet.

•••
•••
FavoritePhoto.com & LooseThread.com

•••
•••
•••
I haven't been using BB for about a year now I think and today I tried to push an "Approved" domain to another account but I never saw the option to do it. Has it been removed?
Yes. It has to be resubmitted for "appraisal/acceptance". You can only push published domains

•••
Yes, @anantj is correct, @Dominic Belley
There is no option to transfer an accepted name.
The new owner must resubmit the accepted domain,
get an automated approval and then publish it on BB.

Published domains, however, can be transferred within your BB dashboard
to other sellers in good standing.

I hope that's helpful :)

•••
@Keith DeBoer

Hi Keith,

Curious, is BrandBucket going to be doing name reviews soon? Or is the review system possibly down again?

The reason I ask - I have several names from over a week ago that haven't been touched yet.

Appreciate any insight you can provide or if you could shake a tree over in CA.

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
@Keith DeBoer

Hi Keith,

Curious, is BrandBucket going to be doing name reviews soon? Or is the review system possibly down again?

The reason I ask - I have several names from over a week ago that haven't been touched yet.

Appreciate any insight you can provide or if you could shake a tree over in CA.

Thanks.
I am not Keith but Today a submission of mine was reviewed from 2 weeks ago, so I think they are catching up. I had submitted names just 2 days before this one and it was reviewed almost a week ago.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back