Domain Empire

discuss .gdn only $2.99 but look out!

NameSilo
Watch

mad409

Always thinking outside the box!Top Member
Impact
I've tried to register some nice .gdn domains since last year but they all got rejected as reserved. They were very expensive therefore I was only going for one, maybe two.

I noticed recently that 101domain has them at $2.99 per year. WHAT, $2.99 per year? I tried many names and they had a premium price tag for the first year and a high rate per renewal. I didn't want to do that so I went looking for some $2.99 per year domains as advertised.

I wound up registering 36 chip LLL.gdn domains, 33 went through and 3 still processing. I was in heaven thinking dang LLL chips and the extension is chips too. Again I'm thinking wow just $2.99 per year while doing this.

I got to thinking tonight that this was to good to be true, so I logged in and went to renew one of the domains and the renewal is $384.99 per year.

So to make a long story short I F'd up but it was misleading saying /SALE/ .gdn $2.99 / yr.. Yes it's $2.99 for one year and then $384.99 to renew and this wan't clear to me.

I do admit that if I would have used the drop down for more years that it in fact shows the increase but I always reg a year and leave them on auto renew so I didn't click the drop down.

I reached out for an explanation as to why this isn't explained better during registration but I'm pretty sure I have one year to try and move some of these before renewal time comes around.

I've posted this as a warning, something to watch out for as I personally haven't ran into this type of situation before.

Attachments

• sale.GIF
    sale.GIF
    57 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't understand your behaviour, guys...
If somebody will launch .WDN for example - you will also sponsor him???

•••

As long as new startups like this one for example can't find anything better than AqueductNeuroSciences.com and with almost 7 million in startup capital I'll always invest a little in most new extensions.

If I were the CEO, or whomever makes the call ANS.gdn trumps that 21 character .com any day IMO. Have fun typing that out on a daily basis, or providing the email address over the phone :)

•••
I even own the dropped domain of 7-figure startup that was failed...
So this is not an argument for me.

•••
I even own the dropped domain of 7-figure startup that was failed...
So this is not an argument for me.

I don't chase startups, or reg their dropped domains. You don't seem to understand my point, no problem. :rolleyes:

•••
I also don't chase any startups... but such failures are very common among startups... regardless of their capital.

•••
I also don't chase any startups... but such failures are very common among startups... regardless of their capital.

Dude I get it but my post was about LONG.coms vs other alternatives. You said that you don't understand why people reg .gdn above, in short, I've shown you an example.

If you don't like the extension, move on.. :)

•••
@Kate Well we can all assume and say anything about any tld here...nothing new..

•••
@Jurgen Wolf if ICANN has opened to apply for any tld then any tld can make sense. Its not the tld its the marketing and strategy behind it. If apple can sell phone with the name apple then anything is possible. I believe it is how you market and present the tld.

When .com was new and came out, it was not easy for them to get customers because no one knew if it meant commercial or communication so I believe time and presentation is key.

If you dont like it personally then it is a completely different matter...

•••
I just invest with pragmatism... what sells... what is in demand...

Accordingly ICANN-lotteries...
Sometimes I play with nTLDs which are organic for certain keywords...

•••
Was just doing some research on .gdn to see who actually sells it and found these guys do:

101domain
Nominate
Domain.fr
Nameweb
Encirca
Instra Corporation
dominiando.it
Dotintra
Also Dynadot

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back