NameSilo

Dotster - Register .COM Domain Name only $2.39

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

luantt

Top Member
Impact
Dotster.com is now running a special promotion on new .COM domain registration – just from only $2.39 for the first year.

Currently, price is $2.99/year but you can use coupon code SALE20 to get additional discount to $2.39. This seem unlimited, can make payment with PayPal.

Hurry, this promotion won't last long.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
all domain.com coupons are limited qty. I asked them.
so same is for dostster for sure.
it's just that some of us get there faster than others.. cause they reg 100s.. while others reg 10s. but make no mistake about it. they'll run out eventually for all.
this why you hear some people say.. couponX works for me.. and someone else it does not. there is nothing random about this.

Makes perfect sense, it was fun while it lasted. Grabbed a total of 141 domains, in relation to Namebright's prices I got about 100 domains for free!

•••
Just a word of advice for those of you who registered names at Dotster, make sure they are locked. It's really easy to do it in bulk so it shouldn't take you very long to secure the names.

•••
Just a word of advice for those of you who registered names at Dotster, make sure they are locked. It's really easy to do it in bulk so it shouldn't take you very long to secure the names.

I don't follow.
aren't all new regs locked by default .. for 60 days. and after that on all registrars I know of.. they remain locked .. til you unlock them.

tnx

•••
I don't follow.
aren't all new regs locked by default .. for 60 days. and after that on all registrars I know of.. they remain locked .. til you unlock them.

tnx

They are locked for 60 days, but they are actually unlocked from registration. I only just noticed it so I though I'd give you guys a heads up.

•••
They are locked for 60 days, but they are actually unlocked from registration. I only just noticed it so I though I'd give you guys a heads up.

what does it mean to be unlocked from registration?

•••
If you go to the domain, then click on "Security" you will notice the domain lock is actually OFF.
Here is a screenshot of it turned ON.

FeyGKli.png

•••
If you go to the domain, then click on "Security" you will notice the domain lock is actually OFF.
Here is a screenshot of it turned ON.

FeyGKli.png

ok thanks for headsup.

so they show unlocked from reg.. but in effect they are locked and no one can transfer out for 60 days.

I guess the other option is that afrer 60 days are up.. their system automatically switches lock to on.. seeing how the original icann 60 day lock is no longer valid. I guess its an option.

but why take chance better switch now like u say

tnx

•••
now price show $6.99 for me :(

•••
It was fun while it lasted! If anyone missed it, or you have a couple good names still left, keep in mind that if you didn't use up your coupon usage, $6.99 with 20% off is $5.60

$5.60 for a dot com is still a great price any day of the week

I will be taking a lesson from @Galleshem @DanSanchez @kaposzta (forgive me if I missed others who did bulk) and organizing a better maybe wish list to be ready for the next one!

•••
save20 not working, just registering account with dotster

•••
PROMO IS OVER NOOOOOOOOOOOOo:xf.eek::oops:
It was great while it lasted
Lesson 1 about discounts don't wait! react fast! and get your reg on....so you won't be stuck with a list of names you have to register next time

I got all mine thanks coupon gods lol

•••
@premkumar - the coupon is SALE20 and it still works : smile :

For everyone, if they stop that coupon there's a bunch more at RetailMeNot for 15 and 10% which is better than nothing (PM me if you're lazy)

ALSO since I was doing the test, I noticed that the $6.99 price is good for up to 5 years, and the coupon works on that also
.com register - 5 year $34.95 billed one time $27.96

So if you had a name in mind for personal use, like a business name, domaining sales name or your own name, this is a pretty good multiple year price. I'm now brainstorming myself . . . hmmm. There's actually one I got for $2.40 I proly would have done this with instead.

•••
Yes, new price applied for up to 5 years. It's still a great deal.

•••
@premkumar - the coupon is SALE20 and it still works : smile :

For everyone, if they stop that coupon there's a bunch more at RetailMeNot for 15 and 10% which is better than nothing (PM me if you're lazy)

ALSO since I was doing the test, I noticed that the $6.99 price is good for up to 5 years, and the coupon works on that also
.com register - 5 year $34.95 billed one time $27.96

So if you had a name in mind for personal use, like a business name, domaining sales name or your own name, this is a pretty good multiple year price. I'm now brainstorming myself . . . hmmm. There's actually one I got for $2.40 I proly would have done this with instead.

My domain is registered by customer care person, she said my coupon code is invalid and I paid $6.99. I will search for 15% code. Hope to capitalise $2.4 next time.

•••
SALE20 worked for me ..got mine at $5.59...

•••
SALE20 worked for me ..got mine at $5.59...

may be valid for certain country, becoz my account is new one and i applied for my 1st domain

•••
Sale end or still running?

•••
•••
New coupon code: DRIVE25
Save 25% of total order, register .COM domain now only $5.24, up to 5 years.

•••
•••
New coupon code: DRIVE25
Save 25% of total order, register .COM domain now only $5.24, up to 5 years.

DRIVE25 didn't work for me, but SALE20 did for 20% off - $5.59

•••
DRIVE25 didn't work for me, but SALE20 did for 20% off - $5.59

The 25% off coupon expired on the 1st of May, I found their Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Dotster) is a good way to track their sales. Subscribe for updates and you'll get a notification every time they post.

•••
Their coupon expire in 2 days, they should extend to atleast a month, these are small coupon not a $2 domain coupon. Dotster coupon code taken time to reach more end users so extend time

•••
It was fun till it lasted,especially for those who were prepared for it.Good for me,I had both fund and list (which I dont usually have at month's last).

Also 5 of them got reviewed and 3 accepted at BB.

•••
Regged exactly zero domains. -_-

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back