Domain Empire

Dotster - Register .COM Domain Name only $2.39

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

luantt

Top Member
Impact
Dotster.com is now running a special promotion on new .COM domain registration – just from only $2.39 for the first year.

Currently, price is $2.99/year but you can use coupon code SALE20 to get additional discount to $2.39. This seem unlimited, can make payment with PayPal.

Hurry, this promotion won't last long.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hmm ... that 2.39 USD sound nice :xf.rolleyes:

But however, I normally do not trust registrars who wants that you buy something before creating an account.

more regs for others then ;)

•••
I would never instruct a possible buyer to create an account there, it's a nightmare. Most of my regs are 2-3 year holds that have been waiting for a large influx of cash. I'll transfer them in bulk with the help of support after the initial 60 day lock runs out.

•••
I would never instruct a possible buyer to create an account there, it's a nightmare. Most of my regs are 2-3 year holds that have been waiting for a large influx of cash. I'll transfer them in bulk with the help of support after the initial 60 day lock runs out.

I would not invite buyer to open account there either.. though there is still way worse in registrars than domaincom or dotster (1&1 and others).. in fact, beyond the mediocre UI they have, there is nothing wrong with them. great support. professional friednly.. reliable etc.. domain.com was around for ages.

however, giving a transdfer code to your buyer is an option here also if u get sale. I am not sure if you intended on transfering right after or shortly after 60 day lock.. but that wouldn't look good to them. they'll let you for sure.. cause its icann rules. but its their right to ban you for life for it. what regisrtars wants a client who just regs on promo then transfers on day 61 or 71 :)

•••
OK first I only registered ONE name, just so I could see the UI and how difficult the process was, and also so then I would have an account.

Then I did two more batches, no prepay, with 5/6 domains each batch

My trick was:
I did first name search, then while it was searching UNTICK add privacy
The add to cart, view cart, and changed the drop down to 1 year
THEN I used the search box upper RIGHT and entered my next name

After I had 5, I went to checkout/cart and coupon and THAT page took a couple minutes to process.

I forgot my own system so the second batch I did NOT view cart after each add, and if you are on the page with all "2 year" showing in the drop downs, and have to change them one by one from that page, it takes MUCH longer!

If anyone is on the fence about this deal, decide soon, they will not say how long it will last, however they ran it a couple months back and will likely run again.

I agree with @alcy - chat has been super, I only waited a minute or two and all agents were well spoken, polite and HELPFUL. I proly got on chat four times to ask questions over the past 36 hrs

One thing I did not at all care for was on my second purchase, I chose paypal again and instead of showing me the paypal process again, it was automatic. Don't care for that. And also on that page is a Purchase extras button at the bottom that will instantly charge you as well. So pay attention!

•••
It's a good deal. The initial signup is indeed a bit quirky and backwards, but I've been with domain.com for several names for a few years now and as others have said; excellent responsive customer service, and the system is just fine once you get used to how to best use it.

They also have very reasonable 'non-promo' rates in general.

•••
I checked renewal price, it's $17.49 per year, too much.
You should transfer to other registrars after 60 days or disable auto renew. Even Domain.com is only $11.49 per year (lower if using coupon code).

•••
Can we transfer it to another dotster account , if we get a sale in the 60 day lock out period ?

•••
Can we transfer it to another dotster account , if we get a sale in the 60 day lock out period ?

yes
its called push
lock has no relation to push
lock is only for transfer out

•••
yes
its called push
lock has no relation to push
lock is only for transfer out
Thanks..But I need to know is there any hassles in pushing it to another dotster account ?

•••
Thanks..But I need to know is there any hassles in pushing it to another dotster account ?

ah ok
never did it there yet. shoudl work perfectly. its a basic feature on all registrars.
they got no business purposely preventing you from pushing. it's not legal and does not benefit rgistrar in any way.
if not working just email or chat and they help

•••
•••
Registered 23 domains that I find fit fot BB.Look like payment process is broken.Had to contact support.

Wonder how long this sale lasts??

•••
Registered 23 domains that I find fit fot BB.Look like payment process is broken.Had to contact support.

Wonder how long this sale lasts??

not even support knows how long. so u can only imagine anyone on here would be taking total guesses at best. in meantime, enjoy while there.

•••
I'm 130+ deep, have the process down to a science lol

•••
I just reg'd 358 brandable domains yesterday night! It's funny but I can now say, that the majority of my domains are at dotster :D

I didn't reg them myself obviously, I chatted with them and gave them the list of the domains, I asked them to apply the 20% off coupon for the registration and they did, so it was $2.4/domain. I asked them to put my ticket in very high priority and they did, because I already got all the domain in my account by this morning.

Concerning opening an account with them, they told me I can chat with them and they'll open an account for my clients, when they need one. Obviously not optimal, but since they have a support 24/7, it's not a big deal for me honestly.

Overall, if you don't go through the very painful process of reging the domains yourself, I think dotster/domain.com are definitely OK to use when they have these promos.

•••
•••
I just reg'd 358 brandable domains yesterday night! It's funny but I can now say, that the majority of my domains are at dotster :D

I didn't reg them myself obviously, I chatted with them and gave them the list of the domains, I asked them to apply the 20% off coupon for the registration and they did, so it was $2.4/domain. I asked them to put my ticket in very high priority and they did, because I already got all the domain in my account by this morning.

Concerning opening an account with them, they told me I can chat with them and they'll open an account for my clients, when they need one. Obviously not optimal, but since they have a support 24/7, it's not a big deal for me honestly.

Overall, if you don't go through the very painful process of reging the domains yourself, I think dotster/domain.com are definitely OK to use when they have these promos.

nice... I am nowhere near your reg numbers with thme.. jjust not enough stuff left on my old reg lists for that... so I personally prefer the one by one process as it gives me time to reconsider and rethink all I reg.. $2.5 ain't much.. but it adds up quick if not careful! ;)

•••

Were you waiting for such an offer??Looks like a lot of work to be ready with such long list.I take you have a strategy for brandables

I too had a list but looked like only 23 would make places to places like BB/namerific/branddo .

•••
Were you waiting for such an offer??Looks like a lot of work to be ready with such long list.I take you have a strategy for brandables

I too had a list but looked like only 23 would make places to places like BB/namerific/branddo .
Since the domain.com promo, I was waiting for a promo like this to come again for a long time.

Last promo I flipped the 60 domains I had for like 1000% ROI within a week or two I think.

To be honest, one day before this promo started I already gave up waiting for another promo, I started compiling all the list of brandables I had and wanted to post them in the available domains section..

This promo was like a miracle lol, I reviewed the big list I compiled and removed what I wasn't sure I could sell for at least around $5 to a reseller.

I believe I'm pretty good at finding brandables now, I think most of my profit since I started domaining comes from flipping hand reg brandables to resellers.

•••
Since the domain.com promo, I was waiting for a promo like this to come again for a long time.

Last promo I flipped the 60 domains I had for like 1000% ROI within a week or two I think.

To be honest, one day before this promo started I already gave up waiting for another promo, I started compiling all the list of brandables I had and wanted to post them in the available domains section..

This promo was like a miracle lol, I reviewed the big list I compiled and removed what I wasn't sure I could sell for at least around $5 to a reseller.

I believe I'm pretty good at finding brandables now, I think most of my profit since I started domaining comes from flipping hand reg brandables to resellers.

good for you! seems you found the secret to domain success! almost like guaranteed roi and profit! while domaining is all about no guarantees at all! ESPECIALLY in handregs! that puts you in 1% of domainers. well done and keep it up. cheers. now back to ontopic.

•••
Is it still active ? I think the offer is over. I am getting it for $6.99 now..

•••
Sale seems over - back up to $6.99 :(

However, sale20 still works, bringing it down to $5.59

•••
tnx for headsup.
managed to get a few small batches of 6-7 domains each this morning. last one just an hour ago. oh well.. it was cool! thanks dotster!

a few reg promos like this through year.. domain.com+dotster and domainers are saving tons of cash!

except fo rthe lucky few of us like our brandable guy here, handregs today are such a big gamble that it becomes virtually worhtless and pointless to pay full price to reg a domain. but. $2-3 a piece.. why not. it's like a lotto ticket price.. but with way higher chance to win imo

or you can take gamble on some future tech niches.. etc.. tons of regs left there.. it's all handrergs really there.. but.. that is a gamble too. just a slightly different one.. ;)

gl to all with their regs.

•••
Ahh I was mid checkout with a big batch when it ended, still great pricing but it seems they have limited my account for coupons. Sale20 is not working for my account!

•••
Ahh I was mid checkout with a big batch when it ended, still great pricing but it seems they have limited my account for coupons. Sale20 is not working for my account!

all domain.com coupons are limited qty. I asked them.
so same is for dostster for sure.
it's just that some of us get there faster than others.. cause they reg 100s.. while others reg 10s. but make no mistake about it. they'll run out eventually for all.
this why you hear some people say.. couponX works for me.. and someone else it does not. there is nothing random about this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back