IT.COM

Dotster - Register .COM Domain Name only $2.39

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

luantt

Top Member
Impact
Dotster.com is now running a special promotion on new .COM domain registration – just from only $2.39 for the first year.

Currently, price is $2.99/year but you can use coupon code SALE20 to get additional discount to $2.39. This seem unlimited, can make payment with PayPal.

Hurry, this promotion won't last long.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is it still working with you guys?

every time I add domains to cart and try to checkout - I get an empty page without the domains I picked.

You're going to have to get on chat, it seems their whole site is not working right now. They will register them for you.

•••
It's working for me, but I almost throw my laptop out of the window during the process. Dotster is the CatMario of domain registrars :)

Update: Just before payment, it turned out the one domain out of thirthy something has already registered. Now I need to wait at least 10 more minutes to reach the last screen! Dotster is a rage game!

Last edited:
•••
Per support...

We are aware of an issue resulting in a portion of customers being unable to checkout when registering new domain names.
5:30:16 PM
Engineering is engaged and we will provide updates as they become available.

•••
Given they have access to your paypal, they can add unlimited credit equivalent to register whatever domains to skip the checkout process. I just checked out using that method.

•••
The worst thing is that you need to change the registration period to one year ONE BY ONE, and it takes at least 2 minutes per domain. I want to register 37 names at the moment, so it's going to be awfully slow.

Please register single..single..no hurry..You are saving 7 bucks.
You please chat with REP he will register for you.

Is it still working with you guys?

every time I add domains to cart and try to checkout - I get an empty page without the domains I picked.

You please chat with REP he will register for you.

•••
Shit, my cart became empty at the last step :D I'll try this again tomorrow, all my patience is gone for today :)

•••
sh*t, my cart became empty at the last step :D I'll try this again tomorrow, all my patience is gone for today :)

Please give us some. we will register single..single..lol

•••
sh*t, my cart became empty at the last step :D I'll try this again tomorrow, all my patience is gone for today :)

It's still there, just log back in! Use the chat feature to have them add 2.99 times however many domains you want and it allows you to skip the usual checkout process, which is currently broken.

•••
It's still there, just log back in! Use the chat feature to have them add 2.99 times however many domains you want and it allows you to skip the usual checkout process, which is currently broken.

Thanks for the advice, but my cart became empty (FU dotster), and I would have to collect all the domains again. I said "fuck" too many times today... I'm really exhausted after 2 HOURS of navigation through their shitty UI. The funniest thing is that the domain that was allegedly registered (and stopped the whole fucking process), is still available!

•••
Got the empty page too. I have no idea and went to sleep. After waking up, I can register domain again.
Promo code SALE20 is still working.

•••
Got the empty page too. I have no idea and went to sleep. After waking up, I can register domain again.
Promo code SALE20 is still working.

Confirmed, looks like their checkout is finally fixed! Thanks for checking.

•••
Both are owned by EIG - so no surprise that the experience is awful.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_International_Group

To be perfectly honest - I'm not sure if all of this crap is worth it if you are planning to actually SELL your names.

Think of all the trouble your buyer will have to go through - they either have to buy something to create the account, or contact support.
Show me normal registrar where you have to contact support via chat to create an account :xf.rolleyes:

Plus even if they decide to (unnecessarily) buy a random name their account could be held for verification (if they are from "high risk" countries).
Buyer could be fed up with the shady crap like this and decide not to buy from you after all.

•••
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_International_Group

To be perfectly honest - I'm not sure if all of this crap is worth it if you are planning to actually SELL your names.

Think of all the trouble your buyer will have to go through - they either have to buy something to create the account, or contact support.
Show me normal registrar where you have to contact support via chat to create an account :xf.rolleyes:

Plus even if they decide to (unnecessarily) buy a random name their account could be held for verification (if they are from "high risk" countries).
Buyer could be fed up with the shady crap like this and decide not to buy from you after all.

You can always transfer out the domains to the buyer's account after 60 days.

•••
Are anybody able to register domains through their platform without having to contact support? I have been trying since this morning and have been getting the same error message again and again

•••
This can explain everything. Coming from the SEO world, i can tell that they have been buying a lot of hosters - and from all these hosters, once reputable and reliable (like Dot5, Hostgator, ASmallOrange, even once so great Bluehost!), webmasters immediately start fleeing away like from a plaque. Just a terrible company.

•••
Dotster is worthless registrar. I am having really bad experience transferring out the only domain I have with them (thanks to SnapNames). Will stay away at any cost.

•••
Dotster is worthless registrar. I am having really bad experience transferring out the only domain I have with them (thanks to SnapNames). Will stay away at any cost.

can u say more about transfer out?
in which way is it bad? what is failing about it? what process is involved?

anyone else here can confirm they are either unable to transfer out a doman from dotster/domain.com or that it is complicated in most extreme of ways?

•••
is it impossible to transfer out?

•••
is it impossible to transfer out?

nah.. it can't be impossible. cause then it'd be illegal. and if it'd be illegal. domain.com and dotster would not be operating in public with icann approval.

but.. it can be hard.. or harder than elsewhere.. but if it wouldn't be hard.. and easy.. on a place like dotster.. then could we really say its normal? no. we could not. cause everything on dotster has to be harder. therefore harder trasnfer out on dotster is normal. therefore all good. therefore case closed. for me. cheers.

•••
not going wild with .com promos any more.. just a few DN and VR keyword domains I had on my old reg lists.. no more than $100 total for me here... have fun boys and girls. just picked up a few DN keywords for some future projects. all went smooth like its on butter

dntycoon idealdn assetdn venturedn dnbaron dndare dncrypt............ $16 bill.

•••
I spent a few hours last night, got up to 50+ and I couldn't bare the thought of seeing another tiny spinning loading gif. Their support offered to register them in bulk, I gave them the last 5 I had on my list.

•••
I spent a few hours last night, got up to 50+ and I couldn't bare the thought of seeing another tiny spinning loading gif. Their support offered to register them in bulk, I gave them the last 5 I had on my list.
Did they reg it for you on the spot or did they send it to their registry team or whatever it is? They told me if I want them to reg the domains for me it would take 24-48 hours..

•••
Did they reg it for you on the spot or did they send it to their registry team or whatever it is? They told me if I want them to reg the domains for me it would take 24-48 hours..

They did it during the chat, my list was only 5 and 10 at a time.

•••
•••
Hmm ... that 2.39 USD sound nice :xf.rolleyes:

But however, I normally do not trust registrars who wants that you buy something before creating an account.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back