NameSilo

$30.00 logo contest with bonus contest

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all, looking to hold my second logo contest, not much to this one, its for http://www.imagehostdirectory.com/ , you can visit the site for the color scheme, its an image hosting directory

rules/specifications

a) prefer this in .gif with copy of .psd or other vector format
b) size is 250 wide by 80 tall
c) background page color is #E6CE94
d) use your imagination for the font style
e) i would like to see the font in white maybe with a slight #336699 border and a slight drop shadow, of course these are suggestions you guys/girls are better with colors than me
f) would like the current tag line in the logo "All together - All online"
g) and most important I would like to see some type of custom polaroid style picture in it somehow, again you are the pros
h) have fun with it but I am looking for more of a "corporate" looking logo
i) i have the right not to choose a winner if I dont see one I like (but you always impress me so thats doubtful)
j) contest ends Wednesday July 13th at 7pm eastern US

payout
this time will just be a first and second place
first place - $30.00 via paypal and 100NP$
second place - 100NP$

bonus

I will pay $20.00 for the best 468x60 and 120 x60 animated banner (this is 20.00 combined, not each) to go with the site, does not have to match winning logo but you can creat a matching set and win both prizes if I like them

Thanks,
Joe

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
my piece ...

hello everyone ... herez what i cud do till now ... id me more than happy to make any changes required ... plz feedback ...

599ec08624.jpg

•••
dsotmoon said:
looks good Danny, just needs the title to be in a brighter color (white) and the tagline a bit darker, I will comment further on the others a bit later on when i have a bit more time, keep them coming

Will have the Revision done ASAP ... Thanks for the feedback ...

EDIT:
Okay here is the Logo Revised. Let me know what you think and if you want anything changed/edited again.

IRe10346.gif

Regards,
Danny

Last edited:
•••
here is a evised version of the second logo...

Logo#3:
VCm11456.jpg

•••
Here are my two submissions

imagehost1.jpg

imagehost2.jpg

•••
angele803 - I like the concept but the colors need to be mixed up a little
Sammy - your #3 looks great except for the swoosh, i just aint digging the swoosh :)
josephine - also like your concept, i like the negative aspect but the folder is too bright
nasaboy - yours are good but the fonts need to be something different
aLeeOnline - top 3 contender right now
Danny - revision is great
krazyvan - pic is a litle big, fonts are a little small, dont like the lightening bolt

if I chose right now it would be in this order...

aLeeOnline
Danny
Sammy
but this doesnt end till later tonight (eastern US time) so lets see a couple more if anyone else is interested

•••
•••
i made the folder darker and the letters brighter

•••
Okay, I will try to make mines beat aLeeOnline ... I get home at 6:30PM EST so I'll have 30 mins to work on it, hopefully that's enough for me.

•••
hey joe, well i tried something different, since you didnt like the swoosh :) please let me kow what you think of this new one...

Logo#4:
ZOg73566.jpg

Regards,
Sammy

•••
Here we go :)

imagehostdirectory1ki.jpg

Custom-made in Illustrator, so it's vector. If chosen, logo will be supplied in .jpg, .gif, .eps and .ai formats.

Feedback is appreciated!

•••
I'll be back with mine

heres mine

•••
hi ... here i am with the EXTRA things :) ... the 486x60 banner and a 120x60 banner ... hope you like them ....

486x60 banner
9e8dcdc460.gif

120x60 banner
b04dbd30cc.gif

might look a bit awkward coz of that SAMPLE text in one of the frames ...

your comments and thoughts ... ?

Regards,
-aLee

Last edited:
•••
ok, with about an hour to go there has been some moving around going on, Sammy has done it again, WOW, he's moved to first, then Lee, then Danny, will yours has a great possibility of moving up if the swoosh wasnt in there and better positioning of the folder

aLeeOnline, I like your banners but the text is a little too "noisy", meaning the offset of the text is a bit much, i think they would look great if the background color matched the site and there was a small think black line around the ouside of each one, it will be close between you and quicksilver on the banners

this is getting tough to decide :o

•••
imglad you liked my last design joe, is there anything else you would like to see done?let me know!!

good luck to all...

•••
:) thanks sammy ...

herez what i cud do in a panic .. lol ... theres still half an hour more .. plz feedback !

fd39ca3fe4.jpg

last hope ... lolzzz ...

489455596f.gif

what do you think joe :?

and ...

d7eff9b862.gif

waiting for da results noww :)

Last edited:
•••
going to let this run a few more hours, my wife wants to watch a movie :hehe: so we'll end it at 11:00pm eastern US time

•••
okay..cant wait..

Good Luck guys..

•••
orite :) well its 5 am my local time ... and i gotta sleep now ... was up for this very contest :) anyway .. best of luck all ...

and joe ill be doing the banners as u said by tommorow ...

•••
Good it moved to 11:00 PM eST, I just arrived home and I thought I would be back at 6:30, lol ... Guessed all wrong ... It's been a rough day. I'll change my clothes and begin working ASAP!

EDIT:

Here is the Revised Logo for mines ...

yu508645.gif

Changed the Slogan Text, added a Photo Picture, and Flipped Positions of Objects. Let me know what you think ...

Regards,
Danny

PS. I will make the Matching Banners for my Design if choosen ...

Last edited:
•••
wow, this is hard, i should charge you guys for a new mouse for as many times as i have clicked thru the 2 pages and scrolled up and down :hehe:

but, I have to choose :snaphappy:

For the logo contest...
First place: Sammy
Second place : Danny

Congratulations guys! great work!

I know I offered 100NP for second place Danny but if you prefer I will send $5.00 paypal instead (double the value of the NP) and same thing Sammy, I'll send you 35.00 instead of 30.00 and 100NP, if you prefer the NP's I will buy some and send them to you, your choice, PM me your paypal addresses

now, for the bonus, aLeeOnline and Quicksilver are currently tied, I changed the close time and aLeeOnline was staying up for it until I changed it, so in fairness to him I will let the Bonus contest for the animated banners go until 12 o'clock noon eastern US time tommorow

thanks to everyone who participated, wish I had enough to pay everyone :|

•••
Pm sent! Thanks! Congrats to Danny and good luck to the rest on the animated banners!!

•••
Congrats to the winners! Quick question, if I want to make some more banner concepts should i just use the logo I made from my first entry?

•••
Quicksilver said:
Congrats to the winners! Quick question, if I want to make some more banner concepts should i just use the logo I made from my first entry?

you can or you can change it up, something a little more bold/brighter for the text maybe

•••
Sending PM ... Congrats to Sammy for First Place. Awesome designs by everyone. Good Luck with the Banner, I will submit for those aswell by tomorrow.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back