IT.COM

question .xyz worth? Any suggestions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kguy

Impact
xyz domains are worth? Or not much worth? Anyone sold previously? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For who says Sweatha (DN Gear) sales are fake, the problem is Sweatha has secured all .xyz which keywords registered in above 100 extensions from 5 years ago. And you buy .xyz which only registered under 10 extension that is crap. No .xyz with non premium renewal which registered in more that 100 extensions available to be handreged now. That's why they are expensive. The worst she sold is registered in 55 extensions (smuggler.xyz)

IMG_20240321_035817.jpg
IMG_20240321_035926.jpg
IMG_20240321_040050.jpg
IMG_20240321_040201.jpg

IMG_20240321_040233.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Another funny thing is that Swetha without any credentials in the domaining space, without any sales probably at all, suddenly came out of nowhere and knew exactly which xyz names would be valuable in the very very near future. And all those valuable xyzs that sell for xxx xxx waited for Sweatha to see the value and register them. It's an obvious scam like many other scams of all types you hear daily.

Last edited:
•••
Another funny thing is that Swetha without any credentials in the domaining space, without any sales probably at all, suddenly came out of nowhere and knew exactly which xyz names would be valuable in the very very near future. And all those valuable xyzs that sell for xxx xxx waited for Sweatha to see the value and register them. It's an obvious scam like many other scams of all types you hear daily.

150% the case. That's the registrar's scam, there is no single doubt about it. One account, 20k+ domain names shown to the public, exclusively in .xyz, holding them for many years, never worrying about millions $$$ in renewals - and does anybody still believe in some mysterious woman from India named Swetha??

I'd lock up this thread and throw away the key already - so crystal clear the case with xyz is )))

Last edited:
•••
Interesting! But i guess swetha is not active here since longtime. Is she?
No, godaddy turned swethabot off... 🤖

Last edited:
•••
Good .xyz domains which are non premium renewal those with keywords registered above 100 extensions. Above 200 extensions are sold xxxxx$. Some above 30 extensions are sold xxx$. If you handreg .xyz that has keyword only registered in a view extensions, that it is worthless. It is not easy to get a good one with this parameter. Most .xyz with keywords registered above 150 extensions are owned by Swetha/DN Hear and are registered about 5 years ago or before.

Last edited:
•••
For who says Sweatha (DN Gear) sales are fake, the problem is Sweatha has secured all .xyz which keywords registered in above 100 extensions from 5 years ago. And you buy .xyz which only registered under 10 extension that is crap. No .xyz with non premium renewal which registered in more that 100 extensions available to be handreged now. That's why they are expensive. The worst she sold is registered in 55 extensions (smuggler.xyz)

People have doubts about Swetha because they don't understand how their names suck but hers are good.

No, it's not that I think they are fake... I know they are... Let's look at some of her "sales"... These were about 2 years ago and all that money spent, but the companies never even moved them from the landers huh? 🤔

Bull.xyz sold for $199888 - doesn't even load.
Fortress.xyz sold for $59888 - godaddy parked page.
Momentum.xyz sold for $69888 - doesn't even load.
Psychedelic.xyz sold for $20000 - dan landing page.
Cradle.xyz sold for $49988 - dan landing page.
Marino.xyz sold for $39995 - doesn't even load.
Kylin.xyz sold for $28394 - doesn't even load.
Myna.xyz sold for $7000 - godaddy parked page.
Homepage.xyz sold for $60000 - godaddy parked page.
Croissant.xyz sold for $14888 - godaddy parked page.
RightClick.xyz sold for $7000 - dan landing page.
Recursive.xyz sold for $8000 - 404 page not found.
Reactions.xyz sold for $5500 - dan landing page.
TimeStamp.xyz sold for $4000 - godaddy parked page.
Streams.xyz sold for $27888 - 404 page not found.
Wrap.xyz sold for $110000 - dan landing page.
Tragic.xyz sold for $8000 - landing page.
Browsers.xyz sold for $7500 - doesn't even load.
Redeem.xyz sold for $28000 - godaddy parked page.
Farmyard.xyz sold for $7000 - doesn't even load.
Territory.xyz sold for $39888 - godaddy parked page.
Conviction.xyz sold for $14888 - expiring parked page.
GoodPlace.xyz sold for $2500 - dan landing page.
Fuku.xyz sold for $9888 - 404 page not found.
Moonstone.xyz sold for $9888 - landing page.
Cameo.xyz sold for $19888 - landing page.
Mags.xyz sold for $7888 - landing page.
Pairs.xyz sold for 10K - doesn't even load.
Hackerspace.xyz sold for $9888 - doesn't even load.
Linkable.xyz sold for $3995 - expired namecheap
Forerunner.xyz sold for $4495 - dan landing page.

I can keep going with this list for days if you want... but I think i have proven my point. :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
I gave you a list from 1 seller, who sold a crapload of domains for huge money that went nowhere. Thats the difference. People actually buy and use .com's unlike crappy .xyz's.... Show me one seller of .com's that made millions of dollars and hundreds of sales and 90% of there domains are not in use... Ill wait...
Mike Mann? or whoever has the profile with trademark infringing names like GoogleGod .com :)

•••
Plenty of short and english .xyz aval for hand reg, here is a few I quick picked from a ton... a quick 2 min search shows.........

Short?

clung.xyz
mists.xyz
musty.xyz
dumpy.xyz
moans.xyz
boned.xyz
fecal.xyz
barfs.xyz
gimpy.xyz
goths.xyz
zonks.xyz
antacid.xyz
agonize.xyz
alkalic.xyz
angrier.xyz
arraign.xyz
earlobe.xyz
deprive.xyz
destain.xyz
ragweed.xyz
unwound.xyz
toenail.xyz
unitard.xyz
taxcuts.xyz
unlevel.xyz
unscrew.xyz
unhitch.xyz
urinate.xyz
wronged.xyz
abduct.xyz
airdry.xyz
knocks.xyz
lapsed.xyz
licked.xyz
luring.xyz
lunges.xyz
lushly.xyz
extruding.xyz

Jobs?

athletictrainer.xyz
truckmechanic.xyz
animaltrainer.xyz
headcook.xyz
cameraoperator.xyz
creditanalyst.xyz
embalmer.xyz
lawteacher.xyz
mailclerk.xyz

Last edited:
•••
If you are Swetha, they do sell for 6 figures regularly

Last edited:
•••
I don't think Swetha is associated with the registry, I just think she's good seller. She's effectively selling fool's gold for gold rates. In fact, I'd go so far to say that she's the best domainer of the previous decade (2010 - 2020).

But it's important to understand that fool's gold isn't valuable.

•••
That would be funny if it were true but that's not what happened. If you look back a couple of years before you joined Namepros, she was posting here when originally buying the names and people thought she was crazy for investing in .xyz.

I think the real secret sauce is how these names end up getting sold. Are crypto people really just wandering onto Afternic, DAN, efty, etc and shopping for XYZs or has there been some sort of outreach? As far as I know there's been no outbounding but I am curious how one might do some outreach either through Discord or other places.

•••
One day people will come to understand how the whole 'Hype' process works regarding Ntlds. .XYZ wasn't the first to attempt a suspicious model and it certainly wont be the last. It's very little difference to paying a 'Personality' to endorse your product or the outlay of a high-cost marketing spend. The extension owners aren't looking for a immediate financial return BUT, they are looking for Traction.

As businesses know, this requires a certain amount of perseverance. The whole model doesn't incur any direct loss to the extension holder. They hold the domains and incur nothing but the cost of moving a payment from Account A to Account B (bugger all really)

Now of course if you can contrive that personality and give it a supposed existence, you've got away with things on the most simplest and easily manipulative model possible.

Last edited:
•••
xyz domains are worth? Or not much worth? Anyone sold previously? Any suggestions?
Currently listing 2 .xyz domains on Sedo. Both are getting consistent traffic no takers as yet.

•••
just picked up a one word domain .

Taken in 46 extensions .
Can you please share some tricks how you got the name? Is it from drop list? If yes, what is the exact time of xyz drop? Any software you use to catch the name?

•••
Very educational thread. Learning a lot. Thanks for sharing.
.xyz not much worth

•••
Can you please share some tricks how you got the name? Is it from drop list? If yes, what is the exact time of xyz drop? Any software you use to catch the name?

Hey @DTR Alex - XYZ put up a drop list here https://gen.xyz/premiums under "Browse Pending Deletes." I ccan not find a way to get the time (I even asked them, they say it's randomized) but you will have dropping in the next 5 days and know the day.

Another place I know of is https://www.namecheap.com/market/auctions/?filter=W3siaWQiOiJ0bGQiLCJ2YWx1ZSI6WyJ4eXoiXX1d I find a lot of .xyz. and am always interested & follow .xyz

•••
.xyz is bad. People are realising now.

If you want a premium name, look at the list they publish on gen.xyz. there are plenty of premium names available and they're not that expensive... But they're available for a reason, nobody wants them.

Even less so since the .AI boom.

When I looked years ago, stream.xyz was available on there with a x,xxx renewal fee. I mentioned it here and 5 mins later someone bought it up and someone on here is wasting their hard earned cash on it even though it'll probably never sell. I wouldn't recommend wasting your money on it either unless you have a vision for developing it.

Last edited:
•••
People have doubts about Swetha because they don't understand how their names suck but hers are good.

5k for smuggler.xyz while smuggles, smuggling and smuggled are all available for hang reg in .xyz. There's a reason why smuggler sells for 5k but the other 3 aren't even taken by domainers.

This happens in all of the fad niches. Someone sells Keyword+GPT.com and then suddenly someone is trying to sell LasVegasMassageParlorGPT or FleaMarketGPT because they think anything +GPT will sell (or NFT, Crypto, Cloud, Metaverse, etc.)

If you don't understand why smuggler is worth more than smuggles, smuggling and smuggled then you might want to inquire before buying more domains that aren't going to sell.

Disclaimer: I am not perfect and have also made a few bad decisions with purchases.

Last edited:
•••
No, it's not that I think they are fake... I know they are... Let's look at some of her "sales"... These were about 2 years ago and all that money spent, but the companies never even moved them from the landers huh? 🤔

I can keep going with this list for days if you want... but I think i have proven my point. :xf.wink:
It proofs nothing :

Diamond.com : sale landing page
EBid.com : ads and may be for sale
Mall.com : error 404
Whiskey.com : logo not use

All have the sale above 100,000$. Some above millions. How about in xxxx$ to xxxxx$ range?

Last edited:
•••

100% this

•••
Whiskey.com - atleast has a lander for the company.
EBid.com - is actively for sale, not sold and parked to nothing for years.
Mall.com - did anyone claim to sell this name and the new buyers did nothing with it? no? exactly...
Diamond.com - is for sale... yeah... the names i sent were "sold" and nobody did a thing with them...

You obviously don't understand what I was saying. The names you posted are not the same at all.

They sold above 100,000$, same as your lists. Ebid sold by The Domain King. Mall.com if I am not wrong was sold brokeraged by Michael Berken. (Former domain Sherpa). So you proof nothing

IMG_20240321_120032.jpg

IMG_20240321_120420.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Interesting! But i guess swetha is not active here since longtime. Is she?
Focus on domains, not persons.

•••

5k for smuggler.xyz while smuggles, smuggling and smuggled are all available for hang reg in .xyz. There's a reason why smuggler sells for 5k but the other 3 aren't even taken by domainers.

This happens in all of the fad niches. Someone sells Keyword+GPT.com and then suddenly someone is trying to sell LasVegasMassageParlorGPT or FleaMarketGPT because they think anything +GPT will sell (or NFT, Crypto, Cloud, Metaverse, etc.)

If you don't understand why smuggler is worth more than smuggles, smuggling and smuggled then you might want to inquire before buying more domains that aren't going to sell.

Disclaimer: I am not perfect and have also made a few bad decisions with purchases.
In my view, smuggling is better than smuggler, because smuggling is wider than smuggler. Smuggler has limitations to represent only persons...... but smuggling can discuss many things related to the topics, many things like what, why, where, when and more....

•••
Yes, XYZ sales are really suspicious, but if we check most COM sales they are parked at GoDaddy and remain non developed for long time.
I have around 69 of XYZ domains but I m going to drop half of them or try to sell cheap, considering it costs more than COM to renew.
IMHO, Domain sales are really suspicious. Regardless of the domain extension. There's been some really poor quality names that have sold for stupid high amounts. Or I am just a lousy domainer.

For instance, overloop sold in king by a member of this site for $42,888. I wouldn't have hand regged it had you told me it was unregistered the day before. I feel like there's 1000 better names the buyer could have acquired because I don't get what "over" and "loop" have to do with outbound marketing. So either there's fraud or I just have more to learn (like how many of those 10k backlinks existed before the sale).

Also, no offense to the namepro who sold that name. It's just been memorable for me for a while because of the shock factor for me.

For the rest of you, there's a 25,000+ post thread full of sales that I imagine a lot of you would say "huh?" too. It might be just the XYZs but I imagine there's some others as well.

Domain Name Sales at Namepros

•••
Would you care to share some of the things you like about it as a brand name?
The domain is memorable, the words flow well between them, I have try to put my secret related keywords with loop in combo and they does not flow so good as Over + loop, but I would like to have those domains even if they don't flow so good.
To me Overloop sounds very well and clean, without stop letters in between, this words flow better than Facebook and Youtube, imo.
Hope I say correctly cause English is not my native.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back