.tv Two year anniversary of .tv forum TODAY

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Today is the second anniversary of the first ever EXT specific subforum. The little extension that "sucks" has come a long way here and thanks to everyone here.

Special thanks to :

RJ for understanding my idea that subforums for like minded individuals that were extension specific would be a concept that was needed and wanted.

And for giving us every add on we wanted, marketplace,appraisal section, .tv regs for NP $.

Badger,.mike,amcy.org,Argos,Johntv and Westblock the initial .tv crowd and reason I started this thank you for the contributions over the last two years.

THe second crew Rogue Writer,SKG,Millers,Larry the cableguy,Local Experts,Abstracts,Dottie,Bulldog and everyone else thank you for bringing new angles to .tv.

For the person who posts the number 10 post you will receive Manilatv.tv for free with 11 months of registration left at ENOM.tv. The only rule is you cannot be 2 posts back to back so if you #9 you cannot also post #10.

Thank you to all who participate here I hope it has helped you with your .tv portfolio.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't know where i would be without this forum, i have certainly learnt alot from everyone in the last 18 months and also gained a few new friends along the way.
Happy Birthday to the .TV forum

Here's to the next 2 years :)

Cheers

•••
I am very glad to be on this forum on this great anniversary.

Thank you EQ and thank you everyone.

GH

•••
This is the first and only forum I have ever participated in. There are a lot of good people with bright minds here, several of whom I had the pleasure to make acquaintance with in person.

Congrats on the two years!

Keep moving forward!

•••
equity78 said:
Today is the second anniversary of the first ever EXT specific subforum. The little extension that "sucks" has come a long way here and thanks to everyone here.

Special thanks to :

RJ for understanding my idea that subforums for like minded individuals that were extension specific would be a concept that was needed and wanted.

And for giving us every add on we wanted, marketplace,appraisal section, .tv regs for NP $.

Badger,.mike,amcy.org,Argos,Johntv and Westblock the initial .tv crowd and reason I started this thank you for the contributions over the last two years.

THe second crew Rogue Writer,SKG,Millers,Larry the cableguy,Local Experts,Abstracts,Dottie,Bulldog and everyone else thank you for bringing new angles to .tv.

For the person who posts the number 10 post you will receive Manilatv.tv for free with 11 months of registration left at ENOM.tv. The only rule is you cannot be 2 posts back to back so if you #9 you cannot also post #10.

Thank you to all who participate here I hope it has helped you with your .tv portfolio.

I want to take a moment to thank this forum, whether people like or not this is the number one place on the net to discuss .tv.

I originally was LarryTheCableguy lol until i changed my screen name to mindwrecker.tv which was the name I did alot of djing under, and was the original reason I found out about .tv as I was looking to build a dj based video website, and thought .tv might be something cool to use for marketing.

I came here green to the .tv domain, and even had words with the forum leader equity78 on my first few posts, but after squaring things up and getting to know him a little better, I can honestly say that his knowledge has helped me and alot of people on this forum and I am thankful we have him and have come to respect him and alot of the other big players and leaders in the forum. He runs a tight ship cause this is a business forum and things sometimes have to be cut and dry and his ways make alot of sense the longer I am here.

I also want to thank the Domaining industry, which I think is a very cool and misunderstood industry, it is full of a lot of exciting people and I wish everyone luck in 2008.

We should have another chat soon?

Who gets DOT TV nation rookie of the year?

Could we have an awards ceremony?

LOL thanks EQ for the mention and good luck to everyone in 2008.

Last edited:
•••
This is the one and only .tv forum period! Anyone who participates, be they newbies to .tv or seasoned pro's, is treated with respect and dignity. There is nothing like it anywhere on the web and I am proud to be a small part of it.

•••
It is a great place for .TV investors. The current NP$ registration price is really cool.
Thank you for all the work!

•••
i have met some good guys/and gals on here...nice forum

•••
Ok, I will be the sacrificial lamb (since I'm #9 and therefore cannot win), but will the winner give me rep points? ;). And I'm grateful for this subforum, it's my favorite one-So happy anniversary .TV Forum!

•••
Happy Anniversary .tv forum :)

I've met a lot of great people here in this forum, got many great deals on .tv names, and it has also helped me alot with my journey into the .tv space with news, strategies and tips. Many thanks to Equity78 for all the work put into the forum to make it what it is today.

Namepros rocks!

Sneakers

Last edited:
•••
•••
Yes Congrats indeed Sneakers!

But Kudos to DomainMayhem aswell.!

•••
I can't believe its been 2 years since the .tv forum started.
I think we have definately taken several huge steps forwards in the awareness and promotion of .tv.

Heres to the next 2 years being even more successful.

Alex

•••
TRIBUTE TO YOU RAYMOND
and Bon Anniversaire the .TV forum !

•••
Equity - I'd like the name to be awarded to DomainMayhem.com if it is ok with the both of you. Many thanks for having the contest !

.tv for life!

:)

Sneakers

•••
Sneaker(s).com said:
Equity - I'd like the name to be awarded to DomainMayhem.com if it is ok with the both of you. Many thanks for having the contest !

.tv for life!

Sneakers

:'( Is there no end to these selfless acts ?.

I love you guys!

•••
i can barely contain my excitement

•••
No problem Roy it was yours to do with what you wish, Jenn Pm me your ENOM id and I will push it to you.

MW I hope you do not think I am a harsh sob there is more latitude granted in this forum then most. But I try to keep the forum on topic because that is what I believe a topic specific forum is about. Words have meaning IMO and discussing baking or .biz in a .tv forum is not what is should be about. People can always pm, go to the break room or Domain Discussion.

Some rules are not mine specifically, like adult names Mark always stresses to all mods (rightfully so IMO) that plenty of 16 olds come on here and there is no reason for them to see adult natured domains. And sure no one is naive I am sure plenty have but we do not need to contribute to that.

Comments in sales threads is a universal domain forum rule.

Some think but it was a nice comment, sure it was nice that in effect acts as a bump then someone else pms me and says that schmuck is having his friends say nice things in his or her sales thread to bump it and mine is being pushed down this is not fair please stop this.
Then there are others "equity I got excited to see there was a reply and it was nice domain, I thought I had a sale I cannot take the false hope, please stop this I want to see nothing but sold in my thread nothing else.
Or "If he questions my domain one more time equity I promise you I will show up at his house and settle this I can read whois Info."

Where there is a lot of good that goes on here there is some daily nonsense.

But thank you everyone for the comments I am glad you are getting good out of it.

•••
Geee has it been that long already! I actively started frequenting the .TV forum last year october - of course I was too dense to buy any premiums at the 70% off like everyone else. I was new to .TV and $500 for one name sounded ludacris at the time! How things have changed!!!

thanks for all the hard work Equity!

•••
•••
Whats all the commotion about?

Its not like I visit the .tv forum at least three times a day...?? Or is it?....

Maybe I do!!! Yikes!!

All my contacts to date have come through the forum. Cheers Ray.

•••
Congratulations! Thank you Equity and everyone else for making it such a great forum.

•••
Thanks!!

Equity... great job my friend... this a great forum... and has great members!! Really glad to be a part of it..

Cheers guys!!

•••
Sneaker(s).com said:

.tv for life!

Sneakers

Wow, that's really, really nice of you Sneakers! The members of this forum truly rock!

-Jenn

•••
Even though I started buying .tv in 2000, I kind of felt like an "orphan" out there in .tv land. I found this forum 6 months ago and I am so lucky to meet such like-minded people. Happy birthday and lot's of success for all of us!!!

Thanks, Jim

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back