Dynadot

question .top VS .xyz - Which of those 2 TLDs will stay on top before this year (2016) ends?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

THTMVATMEDNOATTop Member
Impact
Hey nP members,

What do you think which TLD will stay on top (in amount of registrations) before this year (2016) ends:

.top or .xyz - what do you think, which one will it be?

The current status: https://namestat.org/

Share your personal assessment here.
Thank you and all the best with your domains.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
top .jpg

•••
Why .TOP?

Nobody wants to buy the worst product - that's why lists of best products, reviews, and rankings are some of the most often searched shopping tools on the Web. .TOP makes it easier to find rankings and the best products and services by providing a relevant and targeted moniker. With .TOP, review forums, consumer publications, experience sharing sites, and other customer ranking tools, will have a specialized home online.

The .top domain name extension will appeal to the Chinese market as an excellent way to brand popular websites that track rankings of various industries and competitions.

.top

The perfect New gTLD for companies that offer ranking and/or related services and information on their web sites.

What is .TOP?

In any industry or any field, only the TOP names are remembered. It’s the TOP ONE that is shown or mentioned at many places or on different occasions. As a brand name of a company, the domain is not just necessarily short, but distinctive. Websites enhanced with .TOP lower the marketing cost of your company and bring more popularity. .TOP domains help make your website known to everyone.

•••
Aftermarket / Premium Sales
.TOP
a.top
$96,377
6.top
$93,785
m.top
$93,785
1.top
$80,708
9.top
$80,708
c.top
$80,620
g.top
$80,613
8.top
$78,851
y.top
$78,571
88.top
$40,306

•••
•••
•••
•••
What aftermarket sales says? Anyone has data?

•••
•••
i guess most of the people here are operational blind
this comment was for
MasterOfMyDomains
because he and his comments

Of course I wasn't misunderstood your post (this pic as an answer to the mentioned member) but I don't like communication on this 'f*** y*** - level (equal if with words or pics)' at whole in 'my' thread, thats all.
Just this was the reason why I disliked it.

But thx for your other posts.
All serious posts are all welcome.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I personally like .xyz more than .top. XYZ is more generic and can be used for any business. It applies the meaning of 'Anything'. For example, Bid.xyz can be pronounced as Bid on/for anything but Bid.top does not make any meaningful sense. Similarly, Park.xyz is more meaningful than Park.top

.top is good for specific scenarios like GroupInsurance.Top, Insurance.top etc.

•••
I personally like .xyz more than .top. XYZ is more generic and can be used for any business. It applies the meaning of 'Anything'. For example, Bid.xyz can be pronounced as Bid on/for anything but Bid.top does not make any meaningful sense. Similarly, Park.xyz is more meaningful than Park.top

.top is good for specific scenarios like GroupInsurance.Top, Insurance.top etc.

I appreciate your opinion while I have to oppose, that bid.top of course have a meaningful sense, ultimately even a strong meaning - it simply imply 'bid for the top (best items)' while bid.xyz simply imply 'bid for some xyz (unsignificant whatever)'.

The same with park - park.top sounds like 'most beautiful park' which sounds definitely more inviting than park.xyz which sounds definitely more like 'some park somewhere'.

.xyz is nice but .top is the most universal TLD to give names a positive appeal and that's why I think it will win at the end.

•••
BetterThanTop.com
BetterThanXYZ.com

Both available. Hurry.

•••
•••
BetterThanTop.com
BetterThanXYZ.com

Both available. Hurry.

Off topic.

On topic:

If I had to choose between example.xyz or example.top, the dot-TOP wins hands-down.

dot-Top is pronounceable, spans the dot generically, and looks cleaner. There may be a few instances dot-XYZ is better suited for a name, but overall....I'll pass on that extension.

The only reason dot-XYZ had so many registrations is because it got marketed so much and the fee's have been so cheap, not to mention the initial freebies given away. Otherwise, it probably would have fallen into the dustbin of TLD history.

But whatever suits one needs is what one should go with.

•••
I appreciate your opinion while I have to oppose, that bid.top of course have a meaningful sense, ultimately even a strong meaning - it simply imply 'bid for the top (best items)' while bid.xyz simply imply 'bid for some xyz (unsignificant whatever)'.

The same with park - park.top sounds like 'most beautiful park' which sounds definitely more inviting than park.xyz which sounds definitely more like 'some park somewhere'.

.xyz is nice but .top is the most universal TLD to give names a positive appeal and that's why I think it will win at the end.

I am not saying .top does not make sense. You are looking into different prospective which is correct :)

•••
I would say .xyz.. I dont have many .xyz domains anf I have zero .top but the reason I chose .xyz is because it can go with any word while .top needs to go with whats at its right

•••
...while .top needs to go with whats at its right

I am sure that .top will turn into a 'label' which will fit to all, like .xyz already does - but with the big difference, that it will have the advantage to give the name an 'award', the 'top grade'.

•••
I think xyz is the next .com but it is relevant about google's steps.
You know, google had bought abc.xyz,

•••
I am sure that .top will turn into a 'label' which will fit to all, like .xyz already does - but with the big difference, that it will have the advantage to give the name an 'award', the 'top grade'.

I cant wait for that time then... and lets hope it is in this life :P

•••
•••
•••
.XYZ

I own about 15+ .top and never got an inquiry and I personalty think most of .top domains are worthless unless they are 1 2 3 4 Numbers

I keep getting inquiries for my .xyz names from all over the world. I think .XYZ has more potential from a global perspective.

•••
.top will have higher trading prices in future than .xyz
.xyz
will not have the lowest trading prices but .top will have the highest.
That's what I think if I think about .top and .xyz

And .top will win 'this threads question'.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back