Domain Empire

question .top VS .xyz - Which of those 2 TLDs will stay on top before this year (2016) ends?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

THTMVATMEDNOATTop Member
Impact
Hey nP members,

What do you think which TLD will stay on top (in amount of registrations) before this year (2016) ends:

.top or .xyz - what do you think, which one will it be?

The current status: https://namestat.org/

Share your personal assessment here.
Thank you and all the best with your domains.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Per my results: I definitely sponsor them...

•••
Read carefully:

It isn't "one of." It's not an element WHATSOEVER. Yet you're trying to say it's a factor. No: number of registrations is not "one of the things" that aid in valuation. This has100% NOTHING to do with it. I'm tired of hearing ppl preach about it.

Do you believe PR adds even $1 to value, too??

And to answer: no, I wouldn't recommend it. But it has nothing to do with it. So why did you try to justify yourself with a nonsensical point?

What's with your temper, man? Read carefully, I said it's "one of". Not every website user is a domainer, like most people here, knowing there are a thousand TLDs to choose from for building a website with.

It's common sense that more registrations mean wider awareness. Take a look at https://ntldstats.com/tld, are you sure you would believe those with a handful registrations like .whoswho, .hoteles, .八卦 (xn--45q11c) have higher value than any of .xyz, .top, .wang, .win, or .club, the five most registered so far? Would you or would you recommand others to invest in those with really small "number of registrations"?

•••
They have BOTH proven to do better than most new gTLDs on the aftermarket, so I like them both.

Still I would say .XYZ, but it is almost a tie... I am maybe biased, as I happen to have much better .XYZ names than .TOP names, so I've sold about ten .XYZ and zero .TOPs. So far.

There are so many Chinese citizens, so .TOP might pass .XYZ in number of regs. But, I can't tell yet.

•••
.top might work with anything in China but being in the U.S. I see it more like a .club. To me it's limited, only pertains to stuff like counter.top, stove.top, mountain.top, where .xyz is truly generic and works with anything. JMO..

•••
.top might work with anything in China but being in the U.S. I see it more like a .club. To me it's limited, only pertains to stuff like counter.top, stove.top, mountain.top, where .xyz is truly generic and works with anything. JMO..

Good points! I agree.

•••
I have pessimistic opinion about ntlds.
It's important that destiny of .biz and .org. I quit collecting ntlds. I will only invest .com.

•••
•••
Read carefully:

It isn't "one of." It's not an element WHATSOEVER. Yet you're trying to say it's a factor. No: number of registrations is not "one of the things" that aid in valuation. This has100% NOTHING to do with it. I'm tired of hearing ppl preach about it.

Do you believe PR adds even $1 to value, too??

And to answer: no, I wouldn't recommend it. But it has nothing to do with it. So why did you try to justify yourself with a nonsensical point?

Ok, ok, it's not a factor, number of registrations has nothing to do with valuation. You win!

•••
I think both domains will maintain a fair amount of popularity. It boils down to personal preference I guess.

•••

.xyz is 'generic', yes - but...
.top is 'top generic', haha yeahhh .top

'xyz' means not much
'top' means much, even in german language:

german synonym for top = english meaning

ausgezeichnet = excellent
bestens = best
brillant = brilliant
erstklassig = high class
fabelhaft = fabulous
genial = ingenious
grandios = grandiose
hervorragend = outstanding
meisterhaft = masterfully
phänomenal = phenomenal
sehr gut = very good
überragend = outstanding
unübertrefflich = unsurpassable
unübertroffen = unsurpassed
vortrefflich = excellent
vorzüglich = excellent
maximal = maximum
exzellent = excellent
superb = super
virtuos = virtuoso
astrein = free of knots
echt = real
ganz = all
prima = fine
bombig = bang up
klasse = class
große Klasse = big class
spitze = great
super = great
einsame Spitze = solitary peak
famos = famously
fantastisch = fantastic
toll = great
glänzend = glittering
großartig = awesome
picobello = picobello
spitzenmäßig = shipshape
super = super
tipptopp = top
eine Wucht = a stunner
hochklassig = highclass
angesagt = hip
en vogue = vogue
hochmodern = high fashion
hochmodisch = ultramodern
up to date = up to date
in = in
trendig = trendy
trendy = trendy
hip = hip
brandaktuell = red hot
topaktuell = top new

SOURCE
DUDEN (Germany's most famous dictionary)
www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/top

Last edited:
•••
Members receive more "likes" than their messages for a reason.

•••
I think both domains will maintain a fair amount of popularity. It boils down to personal preference I guess.
I think, in average / in the long run, the personal preference of companies / individuals will rather be to show that...
...'they are top (#1 'subliminal synonyme' for 'best')' > examples: mycompanyis.top / iam.top
than...
...'they are xyz (#1 'subliminal synonyme' for 'anyone)' > examples: mycompanyis.xyz / iam.xyz

top world.png

•••
...'they are xyz (#1 'subliminal synonyme' for 'anyone)' > examples: mycompanyis.xyz / iam.xyz
Since when has a company said, "They are com" or "They are net"? One thing that makes xyz unique is that users are making websites on it. A lot of .top sites are Chinese, while xyz has more of a global audience. In my opinion, xyz has gone so far that it is here to stay. As for .top, if the Chinese market does continue to work with it, it'll have a good future.

•••
As of now .XYZ tops by 600,000 registrations than .TOP

•••
Since when has a company said, "They are com" or "They are net"? One thing that makes xyz unique is that users are making websites on it. A lot of .top sites are Chinese, while xyz has more of a global audience. In my opinion, xyz has gone so far that it is here to stay. As for .top, if the Chinese market does continue to work with it, it'll have a good future.

Not directly said but the TLD of every domain name is an indirect 'saying' (showing / stating) of something.

Yes, there are some good .xyz websites out there allready and probably more than .top websites currently but we know that .xyz has a clear time advantage.
But it really looks like .top will catch up soon.

Last edited:
•••
•••
"Top" only refer to the upper side of things, while XYZ is limitless~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the least, that's how the uneducated see it. Now, let's face reality:

"Top isn't merely a preposition. It signifies a class/level, too i e"top grade."

XYZ, children, are 3 random letters and nothing more.

Why are there so many high .top sales prices yet .xyz is on life support?

•••
"Top" only refer to the upper side of things, while XYZ is limitless~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the least, that's how the uneducated see it. Now, let's face reality:

"Top isn't merely a preposition. It signifies a class/level, too i. e. "top grade".

XYZ, children, are 3 random letters and nothing more.

Why are there so many high .top sales prices yet .xyz is on life support?

Well said - I'm surprised about your post.
I only would not say that XYZ are random letters - they are more the last 3 letters of the latin alphabet and this have symbolic meaning.

•••
Not directly said but the TLD of every domain name is an indirect 'saying' (showing / stating) of something.

I agree, but neither .com, .co, nor .xyz have a single meaning. It could be several things depending on region and culture.

Yes, there are some good .xyz websites out there allready and probably more than .top websites currently but we know that .xyz has a clear time advantage.
But it really looks like .top will catch up soon.
I think it's a bit more than a time advantage. .xyz should be better at reaching a global audience. :D

•••
I want to add both .TOP and .XYZ will be successful compared to other gTLDs.

•••
I want to add both .TOP and .XYZ will be successful compared to other gTLDs.
Agreed. :D I think this is more important for us to realize as domainers.

•••
.xyz or .top @ the end only one of them will / can 'win' this 'before 2016 ends - competition'.

•••
•••
.xyz : Daniel Negari is selling this extension so darn cheap.

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back