Dynadot

question .top VS .xyz - Which of those 2 TLDs will stay on top before this year (2016) ends?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

THTMVATMEDNOATTop Member
Impact
Hey nP members,

What do you think which TLD will stay on top (in amount of registrations) before this year (2016) ends:

.top or .xyz - what do you think, which one will it be?

The current status: https://namestat.org/

Share your personal assessment here.
Thank you and all the best with your domains.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Let me start, I think it will be .top

Last edited:
•••
•••
Personally I would be tempted to go with XYZ simply based on sales. There are English dictionary XYZ domains selling almost everyday whereas most of the .TOP sales are either LLL, LLLL, NNN etc. Not really the type of domains Western businesses would be looking for. So for practical uses there is more scope with XYZ. Plus .TOP sales are not as frequent as XYZ.
However, for a while now TOP has been getting more registrations on average per day than XYZ.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.

•••
.T0P

Xyz has lots of renewals and registration may fall below 2 million before end of year.
But i see people are reg hyphenated .xyz O_o
which might mean they will stay in the .top position.

•••
Our emotions, our preferences are not important.
I'm an engineer and in my opinion the only important parameter are numbers.
And reg numbers are for .top.
Average .top regs per day 10k.
Average .xyz regs per day 3k.
Why invest money in a tld with only 3k regs per day?

•••
•••
I would consider them both to be independent of each other. I don't see why either TLD would bring the other down. :)

•••
.tk also had many (millions) registrations... and what???

•••
Both extensions suck. But .top has the better sales.

•••
And the only important parameter is real and mass enduser-demand...
Spammers, scammers, phishers, doorway-builders, domainers etc. - are minimum 95% of these registrations under $1.

•••
Please tell me you don't SERIOUSLY believe there's a correlation between registrations and value...

•••
I already sponsored low xxx nTLD-domains... since the beginning of 2015...
Results: ONE $50-bid on .club and ONE (just asked me for price) on Premium LLL.work
And that's all.

Last edited:
•••
By the current daily growth rate, it looks like .top will.
But being the most registered is only one of the factors that make a TLD valueable.

Last edited:
•••
WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE??! The number of registrations HAS NOTHING to do with valuation. Man, I'm getting a headache.

But being the most registered is only one part of making the TLD valueable.

•••
WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE??! The number of registrations HAS NOTHING to do with valuation. Man, I'm getting a headache.

What's with your temper, man? Read carefully, I said it's "one of". Not every website user is a domainer, like most people here, knowing there are a thousand TLDs to choose from for building a website with.

It's common sense that more registrations mean wider awareness. Take a look at https://ntldstats.com/tld, are you sure you would believe those with a handful registrations like .whoswho, .hoteles, .八卦 (xn--45q11c) have higher value than any of .xyz, .top, .wang, .win, or .club, the five most registered so far? Would you or would you recommand others to invest in those with really small "number of registrations"?

•••
Seeing from total registrations, .xyz takes the 1st place. But .XYZ was earlier than .top, it can not be shown which one is better. The speed of .top's development is quite fast, maybe .top will be with better sales. But the renewal of .xyz is also to be considered

•••
•••
If to increase regfee just to $5 - no more than 300K domains will be in those nTLDs, and this is a very optimistic forecast...
If to increase it to major gTLD-level - I don't want even comment...

Last edited:
•••
No matter which domain is on the top, as long as it has value and be worth to invest,it will become the mainstream of investment.I will wait and pay attention to them.

•••
Investing and sponsorship are different things.

•••
Do you monitor the dropped domains in these nTLDs???
I highly recommend... to sober...

•••
•••
Did you see these domains (names)?
I have asked NOT about quantity...

•••
I already sponsored low xxx nTLD-domains... since the beginning of 2015...
Results: ONE $50-bid on .club and ONE (just asked me for price) on Premium LLL.work
And that's all.

Did you invest in names or sponsor them? Explain the difference to your money

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back