NameSilo
Watch

Peter45

Established Member
Impact
Hi everybody

last week I wrote this posting

1.png

At that time @QUAD DOMAINS had an Impact Score of ca -170, @Domain noob was at -15
I mentioned these two members because the unfairness which their accounts had been treated with was evident to everybody.

Today
Quad Domains: - 3
Domain Noob (notably without any activity since then): + 28

There are good people in this community, people who care and are ready to take action upon it.

Unfortunately downvoting leads to the poster's account being penalised as it lowers its Impact Score.
You have surely met cases in which accounts were unfairly penalised through a questionable use of the downvoting tool.
Seeing one's posting disagreed with with no apparent reason doesn't annoy as much as seeing one's account unfairly penalised/punished.

In my view the fact that said penalisation is conducted mostly anonymously is extremely toxic for this community.

This thread offers you the chance of flagging up - be it simply through a link or adding a screenshot or a brief explanation - postings which in your view caused their author to be unfairly penalised.
Interested readers will look into it and decide whether to take action or not.

Let's uplift and encourage where anonymous penalising demoralises and intimidates.
Let's counter the negativity spreading through anonymous penalising with positivity.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You are a troll/instigator.
No.
I’m just someone concerned about "jokes" about rounding up and fixing people because of their political views.

I’m someone who is concerned about those who learn of "jokes" about rounding them up and fixing them because of their skin colour, sexual orientation, political or religious beliefs etc.

•••
No.
I’m just someone concerned about "jokes" about rounding up and fixing people because of their political views.

I’m someone who is concerned about those who learn of "jokes" about rounding them up and fixing them because of their skin colour, sexual orientation, political or religious beliefs etc.
It wasn't about that, was it. If fact that kind of stuff is against the rules, I've actually reported racist and anti-gay comments before. And I've already addressed what you posted more than once now. Maybe, take some time today and familiarize yourself with the rules. No MAGAs were hurt with my posts, they'll be ok. You can simply visit that thread and see we're talking and joking with each as usual. It's like you're trying to introduce drama, stir it for some reason with people where there was none.

Last edited:
•••
Hi @Paul , @Bravo Mod Team

before this posting, 2 days ago, I had an Impact Score of 637.
Now, 3 postings later, I’m at 620.
So - 17

The IS overall balance of the last 4 postings - which all concern my debate with JB Lion - is + 4
i.e. - please correct me if I'm wrong - after #44 I got at least 21 anonymous downvotes.

Although these anonymous downvotes hit mostly - if not exclusively - other postings of mine, the cause for this anon downvoting barrage was clearly #44 and the following debate with JB Lion in this thread.

If I'm right, I want to know from you what’s the point of downvoting postings that have nothing to do with my debate with JB Lion because of what I say within this debate with him.

Thanks

•••
No, it has to do with the fact that not a single person reported it. Not one. You didn't even link me to it. I had to search for it and report it myself.

Fair enough Paul
(and yes, I didn't post a link to that posting, forcing you to search for it. My bad)

I did't reported it because I don’t like to report people.
I mentioned that posting in this thread just because I was recently lectured by your boss about forum rules.

That said, it has been now 3 days since you learned about it and I haven't seen any reaction - not that I'm calling for one - neither from you nor from @Alfa Mod Team @Bravo Mod Team @Echo Mod Team @Foxtrot Mod Team, so I'm not sure what would have been the point of that reporting.

Keep in mind that there is no reason to consider the idea of rounding up and fixing people because of their political or religious beliefs less bad than the idea of rounding up and fixing people because of their skin colour or sexual orientation.

If a right-leaning member had proposed the latter one of you mods would have already banned his account.
The reason why it didn’t happen lies - imo - in the mods team's political or cultural bias. If the mods team belonged to the other camp - those who according to the "joke" should be rounded up and fixed - your reaction would have been - imo - quite different.

Unfortunately this episode piles up on last week’s Kingbilly episode, when your colleague Alfa treated my Anon DV is stupid and his You are a troll as equivalent.

It followed a week long attempt - by means of the you are implying- and the technically speaking game - of your boss Echo to put in my mouth You are stupid in order to get that equivalence with Kingbilly’s You are a troll which would have justified Alfa’s decision.

As if trying to frame a forum member in order to save his mod colleague’s buttocks wasn’t enough, Echo had subsequently even the nerve of lecturing him - both in private and in public - about forum rules.

Now, just one week after I was instructed about the forum rules which prevent condescendence - I had addressed someone with the nick of PeakDomains as peaky - a guy call me names 4x in a row and I have to put up with it otherwise you mods will gave me another penalty for antagonising.

I’m not calling for punishing forum members, that's why I didn't report that posting in the first place. I’m just putting down these notes as a reminder for the next time I get lectured by a mod about forum rules.

•••
I’m just putting down these notes as a reminder for the next time I get lectured by a mod about forum rules.
It seems by now that this has affected you deeply. I wish you strength.

•••
That said, it has been now 3 days since you learned about it and I haven't seen any reaction - not that I'm calling for one - neither from you nor from @Alfa Mod Team @Bravo Mod Team @Echo Mod Team @Foxtrot Mod Team, so I'm not sure what would have been the point of that reporting.
I'm not sure if you are referring to a different incident or the same one.

We can see that within a few hours of @Paul report of your unlinked/unreported (report), that a moderator team not only removed the content, the member received a negative point warning/infraction for it.

For internal use ONLY: https://www.namepros.com/conversations/warning-inappropriate-content-generic.3341744/

Can you link us to the violation you are referring to that was reported and not addressed/resolved?

We would be happy to look into it for you.

Remember, it all starts with a report. Moderators don't sit around and actively monitor the breakroom. Once a report is made, it enters into a report queue, which notifies moderators assigned to the specific section the report was made in so they can investigate and get more involved (When applicable).

•••
I'm actually with Peter45 here without reading much of these posts, I think the "offending" party should have been banned ages ago just for being an obvious paid shill/liar (we all know it) and deliberately flooding the political forum with BS to drown out legitimate opinions. And in that capacity it wouldn't surprise me if he (or his partners, if he has them) just went on an all-out assault against someone's posts for supporting Trump. I've never seen the moderator political bias and I hope it doesn't exist, but I mostly stay out of the political forum for the reasons I mentioned above. If it was my site I would take action to stop shills from ruining it, but of course you do that and they send more shills and accuse you of being biased in the opposite way. In the end are the moderators here to run a domain site or a political forum?

Last edited:
•••
I'm actually with Peter45 here without reading much of these posts, I think the "offending" party should have been banned ages ago just for being an obvious paid shill/liar (we all know it) and deliberately flooding the political forum with BS to drown out legitimate opinions. And in that capacity it wouldn't surprise me if he (or his partners, if he has them) just went on an all-out assault against someone's posts for supporting Trump. I've never seen the moderator political bias and I hope it doesn't exist, but I mostly stay out of the political forum for the reasons I mentioned above. If it was my site I would take action to stop shills from ruining it, but of course you do that and they send more shills and accuse you of being biased in the opposite way. In the end are the moderators here to run a domain site or a political forum? I hope the moderation is "fair", but if not then Peter45 can take comfort in the fact that like 70% of the country believes as he does, so even if his voice is drowned out it he's still in good company.
Well of course you do, let me remind people of your posts in the Political Thread, that were downvoted by the regular participating members of that thread - https://www.namepros.com/threads/the-usa-political-thread.764342/page-4195#post-8969352

Would you like me to copy and paste some of your posts?

"Confident enough to run your mouth and pretend your statements are facts, but not confident enough to put your money where your mouth is? Come on, cough up some of that shill money bro."

Maybe, you just didn't like the stuff you posted in that thread getting taken apart by everybody. It's funny you calling people shills in your posts.

Last edited:
•••
Of course that is the kind of stuff we are talking about, people who troll this site and keep a dossier on everyone with a differing opinion so they can pull links out of their ass and reply to any post in like 10 seconds by referring to that member's previous posts as though they were in court or something. Who does that who is not paid to do so?

•••
Of course that is the kind of stuff we are talking about, people who troll this site and keep a dossier on everyone with a differing opinion so they can pull links out of their ass and reply to any post in like 10 seconds by referring to that member's previous posts as though they were in court or something. Who does that who is not paid to do so?
Yes, I always call out nonsense, I don't expect the people that do it to like it. I linked to the thread itself so people can see. You're trying to pretend to be someone you're not, by calling people names, that you actually are. You're calling me a shill and now saying I'm paid to do so. You hopped in the Political thread posting a bunch of conspiracy nonsense, that was straight taken apart. It seems you're still hurt by this so you join this thread hoping for a little payback.

BTW that thread has 336 different members that have posted in it and daily activity from long term members. Maybe, you confused that thread for Truth Social where your type of conspiracy posts/nonsense are more widely accepted.

Even going at Cannuck, who is like one of the nicest people in this forum - https://www.namepros.com/threads/the-usa-political-thread.764342/page-3960#post-8765592

Hopped in that thread trying to start stuff with people and got ran out.

"If it was my site I would take action to stop shills from ruining it"

You're basically advocating for your own removal.

One last thing @Sam1234 and @Peter45, utilize it - https://www.namepros.com/account/ignored

If you have some issue with somebody, ignore them. That's why all forums have that feature.

Last edited:
•••
Hi Peter45, thanks for this post
I am just frontal and direct with people, and I don't usually moderate my language
I think that can contribute for the downvoters, I don't know

•••
I think the "offending" party should have been banned ages ago just for being an obvious paid shill/liar (we all know it) and deliberately flooding the political forum with BS to drown out legitimate opinions.
Paid shill? You can’t make that sort of accusation toward anyone—regardless of political alignment—without evidence, and it’s certainly off-topic for this thread.

•••
Paid shill? You can’t make that sort of accusation toward anyone—regardless of political alignment—without evidence, and it’s certainly off-topic for this thread.
You're right, I'm sorry. I should have stayed out of this thread and let me set the record straight that JB Lions is obviously a man of his own opinions and motivations, and upon thinking about it is almost certainly not a paid shill of any sort. My apologies to him as well.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

We'd like to start by saying that we really appreciate everyone who let us know about this issue. It wasn't something we anticipated beforehand, but it certainly became a detriment to the community.

After many months of brainstorming, passionate internal debates, and feedback from the community, we believe that we finally came up with a solid solution: namely, "Reduce negativity enabled by Post Quality."

This update is 100% retroactive and went into full effect on October 21, 2023.

We wanted to observe how well it worked before announcing it, and we've been very pleased with the results. We hope that you have noticed a positive change, too.

We've also noticed an increase in quick replies and a decrease in manual point assignments, which includes downvotes (negative point assignments):

quick-replies-vs-points.png

The 3 months in the image are September, October, and November (as of Nov 23, 2023). The data shows that public quick reply usage has increased, which indicates that post quality is being used more as it was intended rather than as a way to attack others anonymously. The incentive to misuse points has been greatly reduced thanks to this update. 🎉

You can also check accounts that were negatively affected before, such as those mentioned in the first post of this thread to see how they've been positively affected by this update: @QUAD DOMAINS and @Domain noob.

Learn how it works:

We hope this helps.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back