NameSilo
Watch

Peter45

Established Member
Impact
Hi everybody

last week I wrote this posting

1.png

At that time @QUAD DOMAINS had an Impact Score of ca -170, @Domain noob was at -15
I mentioned these two members because the unfairness which their accounts had been treated with was evident to everybody.

Today
Quad Domains: - 3
Domain Noob (notably without any activity since then): + 28

There are good people in this community, people who care and are ready to take action upon it.

Unfortunately downvoting leads to the poster's account being penalised as it lowers its Impact Score.
You have surely met cases in which accounts were unfairly penalised through a questionable use of the downvoting tool.
Seeing one's posting disagreed with with no apparent reason doesn't annoy as much as seeing one's account unfairly penalised/punished.

In my view the fact that said penalisation is conducted mostly anonymously is extremely toxic for this community.

This thread offers you the chance of flagging up - be it simply through a link or adding a screenshot or a brief explanation - postings which in your view caused their author to be unfairly penalised.
Interested readers will look into it and decide whether to take action or not.

Let's uplift and encourage where anonymous penalising demoralises and intimidates.
Let's counter the negativity spreading through anonymous penalising with positivity.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I will go first

1.png

@johnn informed the community about an email he received from DAN re their integration with Afternic.
He didn't say anything, he just posted the email.
He did this community a favour.
His account was 4x penalised for that.

•••
Thank you, @Peter45, you are good vibes.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
👋 Greetings @Peter45!

🙏 Thank you for allocating valuable time to create this thread. You’re one of a few net positives for NamePros at a pivotal moment in the forum’s existence.

🤷 With regard to the reduction of QUAD’s impact score to -3, it has risen to -13 for no apparent reason. This merely speaks to the negative sentiment some live and lead with.

🤦 It’s apparent NamePros isn’t as much about “constructive dialogue” as it’s about being the grounds for “counterproductive engagement”. This is the reality of where the forum is headed.

🤝 The effort you’re investing into drawing attention to the toxic NamePros environment is admirable; and speaks to your commitment to helping your fellow human/investor advance.

😇 Sending good vibes and blessings your way.

👤Mel
QUAD Domains

Attachments

• 04680828-28C7-4667-9E24-E6294664B212.jpeg
    04680828-28C7-4667-9E24-E6294664B212.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 47
•••
Constructive and mature?

We always reply when we see them, but since you send so many in various places, we cannot read them all. Sorry.
i’m mentally exhausted from pleading my heart why should and getting zero Bravo replies— and then have you have the audacity to say;
“Please post there!!” That same thread— Zero replies.

Nice try. I’m going to re-post them here.
I feel that strongly about them sir, @Bravo Mod Team.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Last edited:
•••
You’re almost there, @QUAD DOMAINS
Namepros enjoys anonymous downvotes.

Someone is taking advantage of them to create a toxic environment where they often dont explain!
This has gone on far enough. It’s funny, if you fix this nonsense, and Quad’s finally in plus territory overcoming enable abuse, unprofessional anon dv. Put a name to it!!

Last edited:
•••
I'll go second too

@QUAD DOMAINS was punished 2x for offering two domains to our community

1.png

•••
2.png

@Bravo Mod Team,
by all due respect

I have been here for 5 months now.
Despite multiple threads dedicated to this issue - NamePros Downvote Gang?, Downvoting should be removed, NamePros or NameGang: An Open Letter, Downvoting should NOT be anonymous - I've never seen one of you mods getting involved in this discussion or doing something in order to counter the negativity spreading out of anonymous accounts penalising.

A couple of weeks ago this discussion flamed up over in the Ask a Moderator Anything (Publicly) thread, where mod Paul - God bless him - got involved.
Following politics best practice he made clear that he shared our concern but unfortunately his hands were tied as he was bound to protect the forum's minority.

One day some random moron who can't even speak a good English, after noting that there are members who are ready to counter the toxicity of anonymous downvoting, opened a thread aiming to somehow organise that positive energy.

40 minutes after that thread was opened, out of nowhere you pop up in said thread announcing that the mods have a plan

By all due respect

3.png

Last edited:
•••
I'll go third

@Allysin asked a very reasonable question (and in the nicest way).
A question I couldn't answer myself.

For that she was penalised 6x

1.png

Last edited:
•••

@Blues Brother opened a thread with a question about PPC parking mechanism.
The thread had 15 replies.
I get that this is a rookie question, but I can't see why his account had to be penalised 11x because of that posting.

1.png

•••

@ethanhenry is a beginner,
he posted this question in the beginner section,
the question is not that silly,
why does he need to be penalised for that?

1.png

•••
•••
I believe we need a better algorithm for IMPACT metrics.

• Instead of downloading. Let's just have AGREE or DISAGREE buttons only. Everybody has a different opinion. Therefore, it should not affect the overall account score.
  • IMPACT should only be affected negatively when a REPORT is made (and proven to be correct by the Mods).
  • We're humans, we make mistakes, and we are emotional beings. Sometimes, we say something that we don't actually mean. And even if NP would like to keep Downvote Anonymous, at least inform the OP. We can always rectify, improve, and learn from our mistakes.
  • Each activity on the NP form should be rewarded. Let us engage/express more without the fear of getting downvotes bombing.
Apologies, I am also a new member and forgive me if you disagree.

•••
In this case, the member was probably downvoted because of repeated spamming, see their other postings as well.

When I judge the quality of a posting I don't delve into the posting history of that member.

If someone is considered a spammer it's ok to downvote one of his postings - penalise him - even if there is nothing wrong in that posting?

I don't want to be part of that

•••
I believe we need a better algorithm for IMPACT metrics.

No, we don't need algorithms. Much easier solution:

SEVERE THE TIE BETWEEN DOWNVOTING AND IMPACT SCORE

Stupid anonymous downvoting stays.
Mods and anonymity fans are happy.

Anonymous downvoting doesn't penalise accounts.
Members are happy.

EVERYBODY IS HAPPY

Let us engage/express more without the fear of getting downvotes bombing.
BINGO

Last edited:
•••

@Robinn is a beginner and - in my view - asked a legitimate question
5 hits for that

1.png

Great way to welcome a newbie
Congratulation to the 5 downvoters

•••
•••

@Peak.Domains, 1 question, 3x penalisations

1.png

What does the reader learn from that -3 figure?

•••
What does the reader learn from that -3 figure?

People probably thought that it wasn't the place to ask for a discount, no problem.

How am I hurt by having a little -3 next to my post?

If someone does find it useful, they can upvote, or they can read it for themselves :)

I remain unscatched by this downvotes. I will be okay. I am strong.

I'm glad you found a fun little hobby for yourself. It's truly remarkable, what you've put together in this thread.

•••
People probably thought
Thanks for making my point peaky
Probably

Everybody can speculate about what those downvotes mean, why they were given, what should the poster or the community learn from them etc., but I don't understand why people should communicate in riddles and let the community speculate.
Clearly you find some utility in it, I don't.

I don't know why you find this thread funny peaky. Many people find anon downvotes annoying, not funny, others feel hurt as the main function of anon downvotes is to signalise trolling. There is nothing funny in being labeled as a troll Peak.Domain, particularly if you are a newbie.
I thought Vips would be experienced enough to not need to get these basics explained.

I am strong
Well we all are proud of you peaky! (y)
I'm glad - I'm really am - to know you remaining "unscatched" when 3 people signalise to the community that in their view you are a troll Peak.Domain

Last edited:
•••
Keep up the good fight, you're spending your precious time on this planet on something very noble and important and your impact will be felt. I think the world would be a much better place if everyone felt this level of passion and commitment towards something.

This is my new favorite thread!

•••
I just rummaged around and saw that you are the strong and unscatched author of this posting

The constant crying over an anonymous thumbs down is unreal. Some people really need to grow up. If someone is so fragile that they can't handle an anonymous thumbs down, they shouldn't be on the internet. Someone didn't like your post, who cares? What does knowing their username do for you? The insecurity over a thumbs down is unreal.

How many more threads until we can wipe the tears and move on?

Translation to make sure everyone can understand: GOOGOO GAA GAA WAAAH WAHAAAHHHH :( :( :( THUMBS DOWN WAHHHH :(

Oh my god I got a thumbs down, MODS HELP! HELP ME MODS! A random person on the planet didn't like my post! HELPPP MEEEEE I NEED TO KNOW WHO THEY AREEEE :( :( :(

Bragging and making fun of those who feel annoyed - or even hurt - through anon penalisations.

There is this theory, that the same way one behaves online he behaves also in real life.
Congratulations "Peak.Domains", or whatever your real name is.
Apologies for having dragged you into this funny thread.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back