IT.COM

Small Biz Logo...625 NP$

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all creative NamePros logo designers (and there are a few of you)!

I'm in need of a clean professional looking logo for my small biz Winning Edge Sports .

It's open to anyone who wants to give it a shot.

Winning entry gets 625 NP$ !

Here are some particulars:

*The type of business is...Skate Sharpening and related retail items (used hockey gear, laces, tape, jerseys, NHL memorabilia, etc).

* When I say small biz that's what I mean. I have a little hole in the wall at the local arena.

*You don't have to be a hockey expert or fan for that matter. What I am looking for is something with the name Winning Edge Sports and a symbol (something like the Nike swoosh but not like the Nike swoosh, if you know what I mean).

*The colors are black and red on white.

* I think I want the word Sports in a different font from the other 2 words and maybe underneath the other 2 words but feel free to try whatever you think will look good.

* I need it to look good on a Golf Shirt and/or cap. Can't be too busy.

* As each logo comes in I'll provide feedback as soon as possible to let you know if you are heading in the right direction (or have hit it right on the nose). I'll do this via PM so no one else can "borrow" your ideas.

* Contest ends when I feel I have the right look. I'm hoping this is fairly straight forward. It won't drag on forever, I promise. I know that there are many other projects down the road for you all.

I would like to say that I have been thoroughly impressed with the uniqueness and quality of the logos I have seen designed for NP members! Hoping my contest is a busy one and those involved enjoy the challenge.

Looking forward to seeing what's out there.
Thanks muchly,
ST

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
there is no such site sohil.

•••
•••
Here's my entry...

Sorry if the graphics resolution isnt very good since i just used CorelDraw then transferred it to Photoshop. CorelDraw sucks.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Coastalguy just PM'ed you with a link :)

•••
•••
•••
Here is my entry. I knew you wanted the fonts two different ones, but that just didn't look too hot.

BTW, I made it especcially LARGE because I knew you'd want it for print, and if you print something, you need at LEAST 300 DPI. I made it 1200x900px for 4"x3" print.

I am submitting a large and small sample of the logo. PLEASE NOTE that these are low quality GIFs and not high quality JPEG or PNG files.

Big: http://myimgs.com/data/josh/168814.php
Small: http://myimgs.com/data/josh/168815.php

Thanks.

I sort of stole Alex's idea of the person :) No hard feelings Alex :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Originally posted by Josh
I sort of stole Alex's idea of the person :) No hard feelings Alex :)

See you in court mister! :laugh:
:D No hard feelings at all. ;)

•••
Haha, I tried to make different. Didn't completely steal :) Hey, If I win, I'll split with you, cause you gave me idea.

Also, jsut a word of advice to all those who HAVE entered:
-When printing to tshirts or big signs, companies USUALLY charge per color. Gradients, lots of colors, etc will most likely cost LOTS more to print. A good tip is to try to keep below 5 colors for a printable image.

•••
Originally posted by Josh
Also, jsut a word of advice to all those who HAVE entered:
-When printing to tshirts or big signs, companies USUALLY charge per color. Gradients, lots of colors, etc will most likely cost LOTS more to print. A good tip is to try to keep below 5 colors for a printable image.

so true so true, i think most of mine have only been 2 colors, though i think one had 4 :)

•••
Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by Jeffrey
Sorry if the graphics resolution isnt very good since i just used CorelDraw then transferred it to Photoshop. CorelDraw sucks.

Ummm... :o

Did you just 'copy' it to Photoshop? Try exporting your files as jpg's and then opening them. You'll find the quality of excellance! :D

Great logos everybody. I have my few favourites aswell. Pity I had to drop out of this content due to a few computer problems. :(

•••
i would of joined in guys and girls (alex) but too late and snowed under with coursework oh well

•••
You're a lucky guy.

Normally i hate contests and even more "unpaid" ones - but as i'm still building my portfolio and was bored i gave it a try. :D

Here they are:

http://flyservers.registerfly.com/members4/logodesign.tv/sports/index.html

As requested just red, black and white.

Personally, i would favor #1 or #2, but your choice.

Hope you like em, PM if interested.

Thanks,

Frank

P.S. Now you other guys go home and lemme cash in those NP$..

J/K :D

Last edited:
•••
Thanks beatz. You certainly didn't make this any easier!
ST

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Good Luck choosing one, Coastalguy. :o

:hehe:

•••
•••
I have a last minute submission coming in about 10 minutes.

Ok...wow...made this in like 15 minutes. Didn't have time to crop down and remove the other thing that was in it. That one with the swoosh under it is my submission

Big: http://myimgs.com/data/josh/170250.php
Small: http://myimgs.com/data/josh/170251.php

I just had no idea what to do for this one. "Winning Edge" doesnt really bring on any pictures to my head.

Well, was worth a shot :)

Best of luck to everyone, and congrats to whoever wins. Im going to be out for tonight until around 10pm.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
WOW!

What more can I say. I'm overwhelmed with the response for my Winning Edge Sports logo contest!

40+ replies...400+ views...9 creative members

Thank-you:
Darren
Sharpy
Josh
wicked_gal00
Brian
DuffMan
Webtwink
Subliminal
Jeffrey

Unfortunately there can be only 1 winner. I narrowed it down to 4 entries and needed myself, my wife, my son, and my daughter to help me. The vote was 2 to 2 (Great!).

My business, my final say...The winner is:

BRIAN!

PM sent to Brian as well as 25NP$ to the other 3 in the running:

Subliminal
beatz
wicked_gal00 (a close runner-up).

Hope all enjoyed this as much as I did. I had contemplated about having a poll but I promised all those who entered that this would not drag on forever (besides, I knew which one I liked).

If my business name had have been different then many of the other designs would have been suitable. Brian's just seemed like the best fit.

Thanks,
ST

•••
Congratulations to Brian! And also to Scott for a great contest.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back