Domain Empire

information My Toolbox

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
I figured I would share a few tools that I use everyday. Most of the tools are paid but they save me time every month and make what I do possible. There are free alternatives but I believe they are inferior.

eBates is a rebate program that pays you quarterly to buy products where you normally shop. They typically give 7-14% cash back at GoDaddy. Whenever I BIN something at GD Auctions, I do so with this program. It's easier to remain competitive when you are saving more money than the competitors are.

Dropping is a web application that pulls feeds for dropping/auctioning domains. I personally use the API to pull the feeds the morning of. You can chose to pull it for the following day as well, however, the feeds aren't complete. This is a great tool but it can take hours to sort through the lists, which is time some of you may not have.

Data is a business database that allows you to pull information on specific individuals or specific companies. It is great for outbound efforts and helps eliminate some of the guess work when looking for contact details. This website is also the cheapest I have found while also being the most user-friendly. It's worth checking out if you're serious about domaining.

Tout is an application that allows you to send customizable bulk email campaigns. More importantly, it allows you to track the emails. You are able to see the number of views, where it has been opened/forwarded to, and track sales. It's a must use for me. Just don't use it to spam.

DomainIQ is a must have for anyone doing outbound. I personally believe emailing domainers with a for sale domain is spam. I make sure everyone of my emails gets sent to a real enduser and this tool allows me to do just that. Further, it's vital (when conducting high value purchases) to ensure the domain has not been stolen. Using the history feature allows you to see who's previously owned it. You can bet if I was spending 5 to 6 figures, I would be contacting the previous owner to make sure it wasn't stolen.

Estibot is a great tool for quickly getting data on large groups of domains. If you are mining the drop lists daily, this is a must have. I won't argue with you about the appraisals, all I will say is I do not use them nor do I care they are there. I have the pro plan so I get the rest of their suite for free. It actually saves me money every month.

Do you have a tool that wasn't mentioned here? Share it below.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Which is bigger?

Eventually, after few generations, humankind will have brains directly wired into balls )

•••
eBates is a rebate program that pays you quarterly to buy products where you normally shop. They typically give 7-14% cash back at GoDaddy. Whenever I BIN something at GD Auctions, I do so with this program. It's easier to remain competitive when you are saving more money than the competitors are.

I tried that yesterday. I purchased a domain a GD Closeouts. The eBates icon was green but I don't see any cash in my eBates account.

Oh! EDIT - I just read : Cash Back is added here when Ebates receives order information from stores, usually within 2-3 days.

I'll wait and see!

•••
I tried that yesterday. I purchased a domain a GD Closeouts. The eBates icon was green but I don't see any cash in my eBates account.

Oh! EDIT - I just read : Cash Back is added here when Ebates receives order information from stores, usually within 2-3 days.

I'll wait and see!

Not sure if it works with closeouts. It works (most of the time) with auctions. The system is finicky though.

•••
•••
I've never considered eBates before, I'll definitely be trying that out
Fatwallet.com also gives 7-14% discount for Godaddy. Sometimes when eBates gives a 7% discount fatwallet gives a 14% discount and vice versa so it's a good idea to sign up for both sites so you can try to get the 14% discount as much as possible.

Edit: For some reason I can't find the Godaddy discount anymore on Fatwallet. They still have Godaddy as a client there but I guess Godaddy is no longer giving a discount there. Bummer. Saved a lot of money there in the past.

Last edited:
•••
Not sure if it works with closeouts. It works (most of the time) with auctions. The system is finicky though.

Just an update.

I did not receive cash back on the Closeouts I purchased last Friday.
But I bought another Closeouts domain today and I just received a 7% cashback a few hours later.

So it seems to be working for Closeouts too. But not always for some reasons.

•••
Just an update.

I did not receive cash back on the Closeouts I purchased last Friday.
But I bought another Closeouts domain today and I just received a 7% cashback a few hours later.

So it seems to be working for Closeouts too. But not always for some reasons.

I usually log out of godaddy then back in. Might be the difference?

•••
I tried Dropping.com today with a free trial... wow, what a disaster!

Everything I looked up was wrong. I looked up a domain I own and built out a while back -- every bit of information was incorrect, from the # of backlinks to the whois history to the sale date and price.

Then I tried to find domains coming up for sale with backlinks on ANY platform -- it says there are none. Not 1 domain has any backlinks, out of the 100,000 or so? BS! So then I tried to find the domain with lots of pages... out of 100,000 domains, the biggest had a site of 2 pages? Really?

In short, all of the data was easily proven to be incorrect. Dropping.com is a complete waste of time.

•••
Honestly that eBates program is amazing. I won 3x 4L.com domains today on GD Auction

and ....

upload_2016-5-31_19-58-2.png

We say we make profit on the purchase .. well that eBates return on every GD purchase can really make a difference over time.

•••
I like the eBates thing and glad I tried it but out of the 8 different "qualified purchases" (6 at Godaddy) this weekend, it only correctly registered 4 of them, so now I'm wasting a lot of time with customer service.

•••
I'm loving the eBates!

It looks like the Godaddy percent jumps to 14% EVERY holiday... anyone know if that's true?

The fine print says there is no ebate for "domains purchased in bulk
(groups of 6 or more and including bulk renewals). " and there is a limit of 30 transactions/month.... So can I renew with carts of 5 domains? What about transfers, has anyone tried ebates with a large transfer order?

•••

Thanks for the info.

Went through it. Which coupons can we use when purchasing domains won on GD Auctions or closeout?

•••
Thanks Shane, It works on GD closeouts.

upload_2016-7-27_21-55-35.png

I purchased a domain name on godaddy closeouts today and used the coupon code cjceb33.

It also has a referral program where, if 3 people join using your referral link, you will get 60$ bonus. If you want, you may click on the above image and register and help me earn bonus.

Thanks Again.

•••
Oh!! Thank you very much Ebates !!

upload_2016-8-9_16-17-52.png

If you use GoDaddy, you have to use Ebates. Don't pass on these amazing cash returns.

Last edited:
•••
Ebates pros: It says in the fine print that the cashback deal excludes "bulk transfers" and "bulk renewals" "of more than 5 domains".

I tested it with 6 domains and it shows up as 'counted' in the amount due... at least on the activity report on their site.

So... what do you think? Can I do a bigger bunch of transfers and still get the cashback, or does it have to be broken into individual orders?

•••
Thanks for the great share!

•••
My first cashback received by eBates. Thanks eBates and thanks to Shane for sharing.

upload_2016-11-11_22-34-12.png

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back