Dynadot

news NamePros Parking adds Buy Now (and much more)

NameSilo
Watch
Hey, domain sellers! 👋

We have a special surprise for you.

Continuing from last year (and last week), we have some exciting updates to share with you about NamePros Parking!

First, consider this:

You price your domain name at $2,500. For years, hundreds of interested buyers want to buy it, but the price is too high for them. They don't even try to contact you because they don't realize that the price is negotiable or may change. Years later, you decide to lower the price to $995. How many previously-interested buyers would buy it at this lowered price? You’d never know — until now!

With our new Buy Now options, you can finally contact those previous buyers to increase your sales opportunities. 💸

Here’s how:

Our landers require buyers to confirm their email address before they can see the price. Once confirmed, the price is available to them and their email address is available to you. Simple and effective.

1712936633688.png

Now, let’s talk new features!​

• Buy Now: Add a Buy button with a sales price and payment options for buyers to purchase your domains.
    • Escrow.com (Recommended): Starts an Escrow.com transaction for you and allows the buyer to pay immediately.
    • PayPal: Creates a PayPal transaction for the buyer to pay directly to your PayPal account.
    • Email: You and the buyer use email to choose a payment method (e.g., crypto), discuss lease-to-own (LTO) options, etc.
  • Location: Country, region (e.g., state or province), and locality (e.g., city, town, or village) of your inquirers to help you understand where they are located, the best time to contact them, etc.
  • Bulk Management: Set options on multiple domains at the same time: prices, payment methods, appearance, etc.
  • Exports: Download your inquiries, including buyers’ email addresses, offers, etc. (CSV format.)
  • Domain Verification: Verify your domains by using any of these methods: name servers (NS), CNAME, or TXT records.
  • Supersonic Speed Boost: Our landers already loaded blazingly fast, but now they’re even faster — a powerful increase in performance!
    • For techies: Go, Redis, and Elastic (previously only: PHP and MySQL)

Wait, there’s more!

Tell us the features that you want for NamePros Parking because we’re adding new features all month!

Features coming soon:​

• Payment Plans: Payment buttons for lease-to-own (LTO) and renting, e.g., “$995/mo for 8 months”
  • ✅ Minimum Offers: Save time by specifying a minimum offer amount to set buyers’ expectations.
  • Portfolio Website: A sharable storefront of the domains in your account with search and filters.
  • Traffic: The number of visitors to parked domains, optionally displayed on your landing pages.
  • ✅ Remove NamePros Branding: An option to remove unnecessary mentions of NamePros from parked pages.
  • ✅ More Landers: Choose from multiple landing pages for various purposes, such as a new Buy Now Optimized lander.
  • File Imports: Add domains to your account and set their prices by uploading spreadsheet files (e.g., .CSV).

PRO TIP: There is a common misconception about how many domain sales happen because of marketplaces. In reality, many sales would still happen (and do happen) without the help of a marketplace, so NamePros is providing a free solution to sell domains and you keep 100% of your profit.

Our for-sale parking service is 100% free:​

• No upfront fees
  • No monthly fees
  • No commission (0%)
  • No upgraded account necessary
  • 100% of your sales belong to you!

How does all that sound?

Visit namepros.com/parking to get started! 🎉

Tip: Quickly access your parking dashboard using the "Sell" dropdown menu at the top.

Questions? Ask below, or check out our Help Guide for NamePros Parking.

P.S. Our announcement last week was not a prank. Spatial Scrolling™ is real, courtesy of NamePros innovation! 🤯

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
✅ Minimum Offers: Save time by specifying a minimum offer amount to set buyers’ expectations.
It's ready!

A few quick notes:
  1. Sellers won't be notified by email about offers below their minimum offer, but those offers can still be seen on the website. You can also still export or press the "Email" button to send a copy of them to your email if you later decide you'd like to discuss that lower offer or liquidate your domain at it.
  2. Buyers will be informed if their offer is below the minimum and instructed that an improved offer will be necessary to continue.
  3. Prior to this update, there was an option named Purchase emails only. That option has been removed because a new Use buy-now price option has been added as a minimum-offer setting that can be used instead.

A lot more coming soon!

•••
It's ready!
I'm not sure how this speaks to my current existence but this is really exciting me!

Looking forward to the other improvements (integrating the daddy checkout link possibility is one).

This is a gamechanger for many domainers...THANK YOU!

•••
And also notify the previous interested buyers when a new visitor ask for price or make an offer.
That's an excellent way to build urgency within a sale.

A few things would need to be taken into consideration:
  • Sellers may not always want buyers to know this, e.g., on domains that don't get many inquiries.
  • Buyers could receive hundreds of emails per day if they inquire on a handful of highly-coveted domains.
  • Both sellers and buyers would probably need to opt-in to this feature.

With those things in mind, it might be best for sellers to share this information with buyers when they feel it is appropriate (e.g., when it might help move a deal forward).

What do you think?

•••
That's an excellent way to build urgency within a sale.

A few things would need to be taken into consideration:
  • Sellers may not always want buyers to know this, e.g., on domains that don't get many inquiries.
  • Buyers could receive hundreds of emails per day if they inquire on a handful of highly-coveted domains.
  • Both sellers and buyers would probably need to opt-in to this feature.

With those things in mind, it might be best for sellers to share this information with buyers when they feel it is appropriate (e.g., when it might help move a deal forward).

What do you think?
Nice idea! Letting seller to enable that option from the dashboard and Buyer from the domain name page to choose to follow that domain name for any price change, status (sold or not), new offers ect.

That's really interesting 🤔

•••
Whenever I've gotten a notice from reverb.com on an item that's on my watch list (I buy drums) that someone made an offer on it, I've sometimes moved fast to purchase at their full asking price to avoid losing to another buyer. I think doing the same thing for domains would really help make more sales.

•••
Whenever I've gotten a notice from reverb.com on an item that's on my watch list (I buy drums) that someone made an offer on it, I've sometimes moved fast to purchase at their full asking price to avoid losing to another buyer. I think doing the same thing for domains would really help make more sales.
Here's some example screenshots one from an app and the other from my email.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240429_171735_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240429_171735_Gmail.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20240429_171751_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240429_171751_Gmail.jpg
    549.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20240429_171656_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240429_171656_Gmail.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20240429_171544_Reverb.jpg
    Screenshot_20240429_171544_Reverb.jpg
    943.4 KB · Views: 15
•••
The crazy thing that makes me jump after months of watching and pondering on an item on my watch list is you don't know what the offer from the other buyer is. Are they getting an incredible deal? What if my offer is lower than their offer? So I wind up too many times purchasing at their buy now price right then and there.

•••
Something else for optimization:
The buyer will automatically receive an email from NamePros to request the price, so he can also add NamePros email to whitelist (you can ask the buyer to do it in the waiting message before confirmation) but not the seller's email, it's good to send another email to the buyer in order to add seller's email to whitelist as well after showing the price.

Or did you managed this in another way?

@Bravo Mod Team

Last edited:
•••
The buyer will automatically receive an email from NamePros to request the price, so he can also add NamePros email to whitelist (you can ask the buyer to do it in the waiting message before confirmation) but not the seller's email, it's good to send another email to the buyer in order to add seller's email to whitelist as well after showing the price.

Or did you managed this in another way?
In every email that we send to buyers*:
  1. We include the seller's email address in the Reply-To field of the email.
  2. We inform the buyer that they can reply to the email to contact the seller.
Both of these help to address your concern.
* After email verification and proper domain configuration.

In order for us to send emails from a seller's email address, it would require technical configuration by the seller to allow NamePros to do that (e.g., SPF and DKIM). That would likely be too complicated for a lot of sellers.

A better solution may be to have a feature that allows sellers to send an email from us to buyers, such as:
The seller is trying to reach you, but their email may not be arriving to you. Please send them an email and add their email address to your email's address book and allowlist: [email protected]

Would you like us to add that?

•••
In every email that we send to buyers*:
  1. We include the seller's email address in the Reply-To field of the email.
  2. We inform the buyer that they can reply to the email to contact the seller.
Both of these help to address your concern.
* After email verification and proper domain configuration.

In order for us to send emails from a seller's email address, it would require technical configuration by the seller to allow NamePros to do that (e.g., SPF and DKIM). That would likely be too complicated for a lot of sellers.

A better solution may be to have a feature that allows sellers to send an email from us to buyers, such as:

Would you like us to add that?
Of course! That will be really comfortable for us and solve many communication issues between both parties. 👍

•••
I would like to see:

1. ability to offer payment plans and/or ability to add custom payment buttons, for instance linking to squadhelp for payment plans
2. landers that use our domain instead of namepros.com
3. google analytics integration
4. ability to point to the lander via CNAME & A record, rather than nameservers, so we still have access to the rest of the dns for an outbound email if we want

But otherwise, this is a great option.

•••
I would like to see:

1. ability to offer payment plans and/or ability to add custom payment buttons, for instance linking to squadhelp for payment plans
2. landers that use our domain instead of namepros.com
3. google analytics integration
4. ability to point to the lander via CNAME & A record, rather than nameservers, so we still have access to the rest of the dns for an outbound email if we want

But otherwise, this is a great option.
Thank you so much for sharing your suggestions!

In order:
  1. Coming very soon.
  2. Added to our suggestions list.
  3. Coming soon, most likely.
  4. We have CNAME and TXT record verification. CNAME can be used on "www."
Are you looking for an "A" record to redirect the root of the domain name?

Let us know.

P.S. Most DNS providers offer the option to redirect the root ("@") to "www." CNAME flattening is another option at the root.

•••
Thank you so much for sharing your suggestions!

In order:
  1. Coming soon.
  2. Added to our suggestions list.
  3. Coming soon, most likely.
  4. We have CNAME and TXT record verification. CNAME can be used on "www."
Are you looking for an "A" record to redirect the root of the domain name?

Let us know.

P.S. Most DNS providers offer the option to redirect the root ("@") to "www." CNAME flattening is another option at the root.
Yes, redirect to the root, rather than use your nameservers. Then implement number two. So lander looks like mydomain.com. I guess you're not currently requiring pointing the nameservers, so it's only relevant if you were to implement number two.

•••
Does the Escrow.com integration use the optional "concierge" option? If not, can you make this configurable? I wouldn't use Escrow.com without the concierge option enabled as it's much safer.
This option is now available for NamePros Parking. 💸

Escrow.com’s minimum fee is 10x more for concierge ($100 instead of $10), but that’s a small price to pay for peace of mind on a large domain sale. You can use either configuration option now.

Enjoy!

•••
It’s a great idea. However, it comes with a trade-off: less buyers will fill out the optional fields.

Both of these have pros and cons:
  1. Show the required and optional fields together. The best opportunity to get buyers to fill out optional fields is when they’re already filling out required fields, thanks to inertia.
  2. Show only the required fields and then later present the optional fields. Buyers won’t be as motivated to fill out the optional fields after they’ve successfully submitted a previous form. This approach doubles the amount of submissions that the buyer must make to provide optional details.
In other words, #2 slightly decreases the friction to provide their email address, but it doubles the friction to provide their name, company, phone, etc.

In the case of an unpriced domain, #2 doubles the friction for the buyer to submit an offer, or worse than doubles it.

We chose #1 with only two required fields, and we make it clear which two: name and email.

Our belief based on our experience and data is that #2 will result in slightly more low-quality leads at the expense of useful qualifying details about high-quality buyers with genuine interest in buying.

Therefore, #1 is the best driver of domain sales because high-quality data-rich leads are more valuable than low-quality data-thin leads.

We might do some A/B tests in the future to get more data on it.

Thanks for sharing your idea with us. It’s an idea that we strongly considered last year before building our landers.
Thanks a lot for the indepth response!

A/B testing is a great idea, but what's even better is the option to chose A or B on a per domain basis.

For example, let's say I have a domain (A) that receives a lot of query, and another one (B) that receives only a few queries every once in a while.

Ideally, for A I'd want the full form and for B I'd want the minmal form.
That way, I won't miss a single opportunity for B, but only get quality leads for A.

Too much work or worth considering?

•••
A/B testing is a great idea, but what's even better is the option to chose A or B on a per domain basis.
Well said. We have another lander option in the works that may accomplish this for B.

•••
imo, email, phone and name are the bare minimum and the golden standard that is used throughout the net... Pretty much anyone provides this data in the inquiries with zero problems.

•••
This is fantastic. Any chance of a website dedicated to your domains like atom/squadhelp?

Then I can dump them like a hot potato

•••
100% free for that big community sounds unrealistic

•••
I meant the white label you can have for your own domains

•••
It's good to see so many features suggested to improve NamePros Parking. It is now a matter of prioritization. @Bravo Mod Team 👏, I know you and your team are steadily coding for a better tomorrow. Can you give us an overview of 10 new features we can expect coming soon?

Last edited:
•••
Any chance of a website dedicated to your domains like atom/squadhelp?
Yes, portfolio sites are coming after we finish payment plans. 😊

I meant the white label you can have for your own domains
Features are being added to support this vision while focusing on solutions that can be provided for free, such as displaying your own brand more prominently instead of NamePros.

Give us a try!

•••
It's good to see so many features suggested to improve NamePros Parking. It is now a matter of prioritization.
A lot of them are already done; we just haven’t had time to announce them. 😁

We’ll try to dedicate some time to that soon.

Most of our time is currently being spent on development, including a helping hand from us moderators in QA testing. 🧪🧪

•••
@Bravo Mod Team, looking forward to new additions. Will sorting names be one coming down the road?

NOTE: I edited this post due to duplicate info

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back