NameSilo

Is anyone else having problems transferring out of Epik?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tytus

Established Member
Impact
I have been trying to transfer all my domains out of Epik as I have been with them for years but now want to do it for all my renewals next month but every time I try unlocking my domain I get an error:

Transfer Out Prohibited. For questions contact Epik support.

So I have to contact them 1 by 1 and miraculously they slowly get unlocked, even today they called me trying to find out why I want to transfer out. Been getting nothing but problems with them since this new ownership took over.

Any advice?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have been trying to transfer all my domains out of Epik as I have been with them for years but now want to do it for all my renewals next month but every time I try unlocking my domain I get an error:

Transfer Out Prohibited. For questions contact Epik support.

So I have to contact them 1 by 1 and miraculously they slowly get unlocked, even today they called me trying to find out why I want to transfer out. Been getting nothing but problems with them since this new ownership took over.

Any advice?

A lot of people are having problems with transfers, specifically in getting AUTH codes.

Epik is making it a pain in the ass, by design.

ICANN Transfer Policy -

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/transfer-policy-2016-06-01-en

5.3 Registrars may not employ any mechanism for complying with a Registered Name Holder's request to remove the "ClientTransferProhibited" status or obtain the applicable "AuthInfo Code" that is more restrictive than the mechanisms used for changing any aspect of the Registered Name Holder's contact or name server information.

I would just file a transfer complaint with ICANN -

https://icannportal.force.com/compliance/s/transfer

Brad

Last edited:
•••
When you file the transfer complaint with ICANN, make sure to list ALL the domains you are having transfer issues with. Once ICANN gets involved, Epik will unlock the domains, so they don't get in more trouble with ICANN, so it is important to list ALL the domains you are having issues with.
Best wishes and please let us know if anything changes in the transfer process.

•••
•••
I've made a transfer last week and had to contact their customers' support asking for auth code. (automatic transfer system has technical issues :sneaky:)

They offer free domain name renewal for approx. 50% of domain name I wanted to transfer out.
I think this is some kind of retention process.

btw, I don't want to take a risk any more so I refused their offers. Wait for 2-3 mins and they send auth code to my email.

Last edited:
•••
Facing domain transfer issues with Epik can be frustrating, especially with the "Transfer Out Prohibited" status. Stay persistent, reach out to support, and explain reasons for transfer. For better options, research registrars with good reviews and smooth transfers. Seek help from the new registrar if needed. Patience is key during the process

•••
Hey guys !
Stay away forever from Epik/Masterbucks from now on.
THey're stealing domains and money to hundreds of unaware domainers who're still trusting their companies.

They've stolen us US$1.5M and they've recently closed our accounts/erased all data from their servers to cancel any track of our credit ... Problem is we had previously saved detailed screenshots of our account statements that we're now making public through different sources to let anyone knows about this huge fraud.

Let's work together to send them to bankruptcy once for all.

Keep submitting compnaints at Icann every time they'll not allow you to manage your domains so they'll soon loose their accreditation too.

•••
They still owe me xx,xxx and I will get my value from the company and those involved with subverting my funds one way or another...call it 'old' epik or whatever...eventually there will be a price to pay.

•••
Just initiated transfers of two domain out of Epik,

No problem in obtaining auth codes, but there is no way to approve immediately the transfer

•••
No problem in obtaining auth codes, but there is no way to approve immediately the transfer
Same here.

No live support on the site or answers via email...time to send a complaint to ICANN.

•••
Just initiated transfers of two domain out of Epik,

If you set up 2fa it allows you to fast transfer them

•••
As @NamesMax suggested, I can now transfer immediately my domain out of Epik. I still have some low value names which I'm undecided to leave to Epik or not (other registrar cost little more)

•••
Looks like log in is not functioning...again.

•••
Last edited:
•••
My login does not work,and resetting password,after entering the OTP from authenticator, and device name, it says internal 500 error. (using EPIK since 2020),Help also does not work. Anyone else facing same issues?

•••
My login does not work,and resetting password,after entering the OTP from authenticator, and device name, it says internal 500 error. (using EPIK since 2020),Help also does not work. Anyone else facing same issues?
It woks as usual: Login with OTP then press to login again and you're in

•••
I've made a transfer last week and had to contact their customers' support asking for auth code. (automatic transfer system has technical issues :sneaky:)

They offer free domain name renewal for approx. 50% of domain name I wanted to transfer out.
I think this is some kind of retention process.

btw, I don't want to take a risk any more so I refused their offers. Wait for 2-3 mins and they send auth code to my email.

Initiated a domain transfer from Epik to Spaceship just now. Securing the auth code for both .com and .net was seamless. However, there was a 20-minute delay before the domains were available for instant approval.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back