Dynadot

.tv Dot TV Sightings

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
bbq.Tuvalu?
offthewall.Tuvalu?

Perhaps there's wonderful BBQ in Tuvalu.

Ah, my bad, I thought this was the '.tv sightings' thread, not the 'I hate .tv' thread.

•••
Just flag the posts, let a mod handle it.

Heynow, when somebody sees .tv, they see tv, not tuvalu, some place that doesn't even have a population of 10,000. Only a domainer would know that.

•••
•••
Tok.tv, sport social network that have just raised another 5 Million euros

•••
I went to urbandictionary.com today. This week they added a red bar at the top of their site saying this:

Just launched! Learn slang while watching funny vids: urbandictionary.tv

What I like about this:

1) It's a pretty sweet website
2) Another .com is launching their video content on a .TV

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Launching this summer, AXS.TV (said access) will be the breakthrough .TV brand, worldwide.

Mark Cuban will be at the helm, and will rebrand his HD.net as AXS.TV.

AEG, the mega-billion dollar sports and entertainment monster is a major partner, and will use their ($2.5 billion) L.A. LIVE facilities as the broadcast center.

Ryan Seacrest Media is another investor and program partner.

Add Creative Artists Agency, the world's leading talent agency*, to the partner table and you soon realize AXS.TV is positioning itself to be the next major TV network, nationally -as they will launch into 35 million homes.

Beyond the U.S., AEG owns or operates over 100 major arenas around the world, and is building 7 more in China... so AXS.TV will also have the largest global footprint in the live sports, concerts and special events market.

*CAA clients include George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Brad Pitt, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Sandra Bullock, Oprah Winfrey, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Julia Roberts, Steven Spielberg, Will Smith, Novak Djokovic, John Mayer and Reese Witherspoon.

•••
•••
•••
Not to get all preachy on you, but it looks like religious groups have got the "TV spirit",

ChurchChannel.TV
TheBridgeChurch.TV
CentralChurch.TV
LifeChurch.TV
CrossPointeChurch.TV
FoundationsChurch.TV

And there are a ton more!

Praise "(insert your preferred deity here)"!

Perhaps, one day soon, one of them will step up to the plate and purchase Religious.tv - http://www.Sedo.com/search/details.php4?domain=Religious.tv. It would be the best five figures they ever spent imho. :)

I've always felt that there would be a great opportunities for religious organizations in this extension.

Claude

•••
i have just noticed in a paper magazine three channels from CBS using .tv:

cbsaction.tv
cbsdrama.tv
cbsreality.tv

•••
•••
•••
While building bbq.tv, started looking around for other bbq sites online, came across:

BlackForestBBQ.tv looks like a german site
BBQhunter.tv - wild game hunter in Africa that cooks what he shoots, I guess.

•••
•••
This could be great for .TV branding.
Maker.TV
A popular YouTube channel, bought by Disney, sets-up a program branding website.

•••
I forgot to mention at the West Palm Beach Boat Show last weekend I saw a huge screen which apparently is the type used at concerts and sporting events with big letters below...

JUMBO.TV

Note I did not see any .Net or new TLDs at the event - mostly two and three-word brandable .COMs plus a few four-word .COMs and even several hyphenated .COMs. Boat prices were all over the map but most were between $300k and $2 million with quite a few $5 million to $12 million.

•••
Since I feel that its important to the extension and people researching it, I have started a categorized list of the websites posted in this thread; its a work in progress:
Dot TV Websites List

•••
BodyDoubles.tv

I likey this site.....

•••
•••
We keep hearing from people looking for "meaningful development in .TV", guess they missed this thread.

I keep meaning to post some .tv I see advertised everyday, but never got around to it, so here goes.

India takes to .TV with a vengeance.

A lot of channels are using the .tv domain for primary branding and interface.

www.u.tv

www.zeestudio.tv

www.pogo.tv

www.imagine.tv

www.timesnow.tv

www.bcci.tv

www.watchindia.tv

www.liveindia.tv

www.rbs.tv

www.neosports.tv

www.amul.tv

www.promaxindia.tv

www.remit2india.tv

And some interesting ones I've found when I was not looking ;)

www.lonelyplanet.tv

www.cnn.tv

www.journeyman.tv

www.techdigest.tv

www.alwayswithyou.tv

•••
The best .TV of all.....

PRISONPLANET.TV

•••
Branding #Fail :)

Good point, but not necessarily true when it comes to me. Hahaha...

Let's just say my younger years were rather rambunctious and festive and as a result I may be short just a few brain cells. (if you know what I mean...)

What I do find troublesome though is that I found the slip of paper I wrote the dn on yesterday morning and when I did a search on NP to see if it had been previously posted, I found it had been back in July -- by ME!!! I have absolutely no recollection of it. (DOH!)

Last edited:
•••
Shelby.tv - Saw it mentioned on TechCrunch.

"For those unfamiliar, Shelby.tv launched in October with a service that automatically pulls in all the videos your friends share on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr into a curated video channel with videos you can watch, favorite and then re-share."

And just ran across this too...

TechDigest.TV

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back