Dynadot

Can't log in to Moniker account?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I can't log into my Moniker account right now,
I am sure that the password and account ID are both correct,
but it always shows me "login failure" when I tried to log in....
anyone experiences the same thing?

fleaking

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
After performing the password change, I was curious to see if anyone had gotten into my account.

So I went to "ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT" - then "LOGIN HISTORY" to see the historic IP addresses for logins to my account. Luckily the only IP's I saw were my own (from home and office).

Check it out if you think your account might have been hijacked...

Regards,
DN

That might explain why several of my domains had auto renew turned off when I audited my list a few days ago, I'm going to check this out once I get back into my account. I call and they hang up before even answering. Total FUBAR.

•••
after a phone convo with csup all is set and good to go
yo

What number did you call? Phone number that they have listed doesn't work. I have been getting some automated message that no one is able to answer your call.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

I believe you have to be logged in to use their support online. You use their phone number if you cant log in.

Our support team is standing by to assist at 800-688-6311 or outside the U.S. and Canada: 954-607-1294.

Drake Harvey
Chief Operations Officer
Moniker.com

I tried calling on the above number and it doesn't work.

•••
Luckily I didn't get blocked at the Security Question

After receiving the email I went to the site and followed the instructions

After clicking "Forgot Password" I was prompted to enter my account #
which I did
Got the email - clicked the link - the Security question that they ask
is for a new one - I couldn't remember mine either till I re-read the request.
and there is no way in h$ll that it matched my account's original question.

But got logged in and everything is fine, as always :tu:

•••
Luckily I didn't get blocked at the Security Question

After receiving the email I went to the site and followed the instructions

After clicking "Forgot Password" I was prompted to enter my account #
which I did
Got the email - clicked the link - the Security question that they ask
is for a new one - I couldn't remember mine either till I re-read the request.
and there is no way in h$ll that it matched my account's original question.

But got logged in and everything is fine, as always :tu:

I got blocked at the security questions. Even after putting right answer it keeps complaining "Invalid answer".

•••
I got blocked at the security questions. Even after putting right answer it keeps complaining "Invalid answer".

Yea, I'm blocked there also, and the phone lines are basically dead from too many calls I presume.

•••
I'm also blocked. But support sent to my email a link, which I use to reset password with secret answers.
Now, problem solved.

•••
•••
Get this, one of the questions for me is "What is your name?" and even that I'm getting invalid answer.

•••
Moniker has denied/rejected my outgoing transfer request.

The domain is from 1999 and hasn't been renewed/updated/transferred in the last 6 months let alone the last 60 days, so I see no reason to deny a transfer request.

I'll be phoning that support number in about 2 hours here to find out wtf is going on.

•••
changed password no prob. whew.

•••
Get this, one of the questions for me is "What is your name?" and even that I'm getting invalid answer.

Yea, apparently I don't know my own name either lol

•••
Moniker has denied/rejected my outgoing transfer request.

The domain is from 1999 and hasn't been renewed/updated/transferred in the last 6 months let alone the last 60 days, so I see no reason to deny a transfer request.

I'll be phoning that support number in about 2 hours here to find out wtf is going on.

They cancelled one of my transfers also which was initiated prior this fiasco. I was able to recover my account, but was unable to login to support. Every time I choose Moniker from login box, I'm told to login to my Moniker account, and it puts me back to Moniker, where it tells me I'm already logged in. Crazy! So how do I get support when I cannot login to support.

•••
They cancelled one of my transfers also which was initiated prior this fiasco. I was able to recover my account, but was unable to login to support. Every time I choose Moniker from login box, I'm told to login to my Moniker account, and it puts me back to Moniker, where it tells me I'm already logged in. Crazy! So how do I get support when I cannot login to support.

Call 800-688-6311

I spent 12 minutes on hold, but things are taken care of now. Moniker support said the rejection was related to an issue they had this morning. The transfer should go smoothly now, I'm hoping.

•••

I got that also. So I had a couple of guesses at the first question, which I'm pretty sure I had never set. I got it right on the second guess, although it made no sense in relation to the question.

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Call 800-688-6311

I spent 12 minutes on hold, but things are taken care of now. Moniker support said the rejection was related to an issue they had this morning. The transfer should go smoothly now, I'm hoping.

Do you have a local number. I don't think I can call 1-800 numbers from Asia.

•••
Got a call back from Moniker and we successfully reset all the passwords to my accounts. Guy was really courteous and helpful. He said it's been a busy day lol. No doubt.

•••
Yea, apparently I don't know my own name either lol

Try using your "secret answer" that you gave Moniker when setting up your account. I apparently didn't know my name either, but then when I tried a 2nd time with that "secret answer", it worked fine :)

•••
I am calling Moniker right now,
their customer support says "hold on, please",
then I've been waiting for 25 minutes....
still no one answering till now...

•••
It could come to a point that your phone calls cost more than the value of your domains. lol

•••
What if you forget your security questions?

I cant remember, but do they allow the user to ask their own security questions?

•••
I'm planning to obliterate my personal info in my Moniker account, with random fake data. I don't plan to use Moniker again.

I don't want my account to get locked forever, and my identity can be read, with me having no control over it.

You don't participate in any SnapNames Auctions, or do you intend to stop using them also?

•••
Do you have a local number. I don't think I can call 1-800 numbers from Asia.

Moniker just posted this at the top of their website:

Outside the U.S. and Canada at 954-607-1294

Brace yourself for a long hold time, of course. Been there and done that, too.

•••
Call now... there is no wait. Just finished resetting my password. CSR was very helpful. He verified my info and sent me new password reset link. It took less than 15 mins. and I was able to login.

•••
You don't participate in any SnapNames Auctions, or do you intend to stop using them also?
Being an end-user, i try to scout for domains that don't end up in auctions. I have no more use with my Moniker account these days.

•••
it was no problem for to change my passwords. i made a mistake on one of the security questions but it didn't block me and i got it right on the next try. i had already changed my passwords last month when i heard oversee was compromised so i don't know if i really needed to do it again but oh well.

•••
Try using your "secret answer" that you gave Moniker when setting up your account. I apparently didn't know my name either, but then when I tried a 2nd time with that "secret answer", it worked fine :)

The other question available wasn't one I had used previously so I was dead in the water until I spoke with them by phone.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back