Domain Empire

Best extensions?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TRY

StrongPunch.comTop Member
Impact
What are the top 5 extensions in your opinion?
Imo
.com
.net
.org
.cctld
.tv

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey, kingof.top . Are you part of the .top registry or a major fan? lol

•••
  1. .id
  2. .co.id
  3. .or.id
  4. .ac.id
  5. .web.id
  6. .net.id
  7. .com
  8. .net
  9. .org
  10. .pro

thats enough :-,

•••
Why do such threads keep coming out?
Around 200 million domains are registered, with millions of websites built, most of which are .com, .net(for obvious reasons), and undeniably the country code and new extensions are taking up their shares in the industry too.
Come on grownups. Do you seriously think that whether you regard an extension as the best extension would make any impact on the industry as a whole?

•••
1. .com
2. .net
3. .org
4. .info (I agree with @kroc - wayyyy underrated)
5. .mobi
6. .co

•••
.COM (Anything)
.IO (one word)
.CO (one word)
.XYZ (one word)
.TO (one word that fits with the tld)

6. .WORD (one word that fits with the tld)

.net is dead to me

•••
.com
.org
.co.uk
.de
.net

•••
Hey, kingof.top . Are you part of the .top registry or a major fan? lol

I am independent and I simply have the vision to make the biggest domain sale in history and this domain has to be a .top domain because 'top' means 'top' = 'highest, best, etc.' and so there is no logical reason that it can be any other old or new TLD.

Last edited:
•••
I am independent and I simply have the vision to make the biggest domain sale in history and this domain has to be a .top domain because 'top' means 'top' = 'highest, best, etc.' and so there is no logical reason that it can be any other old or new TLD.
I think considering yourself the Best or the TOP is cheesy

•••
Why .TOP ?

Nobody wants to buy the worst product - that's why lists of best products, reviews, and rankings are some of the most often searched shopping tools on the Web. .TOP makes it easier to find rankings and the best products and services by providing a relevant and targeted moniker. With .TOP, review forums, consumer publications, experience sharing sites, and other customer ranking tools, will have a specialized home online.

The .top domain name extension will appeal to the Chinese market as an excellent way to brand popular websites that track rankings of various industries and competitions.

.top

The perfect New gTLD for companies that offer ranking and/or related services and information on their web sites.

What is .TOP?

In any industry or any field, only the TOP names are remembered. It’s the TOP ONE that is shown or mentioned at many places or on different occasions. As a brand name of a company, the domain is not just necessarily short, but distinctive. Websites enhanced with .TOP lower the marketing cost of your company and bring more popularity. .TOP domains help make your website known to everyone.
What a question - here are my top 10

#01 .top
#02 .top
#03 .top
#04 .top
#05 .top
#06 .top
#07 .top
#08 .top
#09 .top
#10 .top
It would be nice if you can limit your spam to one post per thread. If everybody here went around like you and just spammed all the threads, namepros would be a mess.

•••
>Best extensions?

Whatever a buyer will buy from you.

•••
It would be nice if you can limit your spam to one post per thread. If everybody here went around like you and just spammed all the threads, namepros would be a mess.
Please read my posts carefully, I wasn't spamming anything.
First I answered your thread's question and then I answered a question from another member.
It's simply an imputation if you say I do spam because thats simply not true.
If you don't agree with 'my best extensions' it's ok but if you trying to put my opinion away with the 'spam club' it's not.

Like or dislike this post / my answer - howsoever - I wish you all the best with your best extensions.

Last edited:
•••
Please read my posts carefully, I wasn't spamming anything.
First I answered your thread's question and then I answered a question from another member.
It's simply an imputation if you say I do spam because thats simply not true.
"I'm innocent I say, I'm innocent!" a guilty persons last words. p.s. I'm not hating on you trying to promote, but your over doing it.

•••
Why .TOP ?

Nobody wants to buy the worst product - that's why lists of best products, reviews, and rankings are some of the most often searched shopping tools on the Web. .TOP makes it easier to find rankings and the best products and services by providing a relevant and targeted moniker. With .TOP, review forums, consumer publications, experience sharing sites, and other customer ranking tools, will have a specialized home online.

The .top domain name extension will appeal to the Chinese market as an excellent way to brand popular websites that track rankings of various industries and competitions.

.top

The perfect New gTLD for companies that offer ranking and/or related services and information on their web sites.

What is .TOP?

In any industry or any field, only the TOP names are remembered. It’s the TOP ONE that is shown or mentioned at many places or on different occasions. As a brand name of a company, the domain is not just necessarily short, but distinctive. Websites enhanced with .TOP lower the marketing cost of your company and bring more popularity. .TOP domains help make your website known to everyone.

I could't help but laugh at this reply.

You know nothing about marketing, consumer behavior or business (legit businesses - not sketchy, cheesy or spammy ones).

The reason why good reviews and lists of the best products are important is because both constitute what it's called Social Proof. It has nothing to do with a business naming themselves as top.

Now your assumption was: since good reviews are important and people want to buy the best I will just tag my own business with "the best" and add a .top extension to show everyone how great it is.

That assumption is wrong and your .top idea is cheesy and in fact, in some countries, it's ever legally forbidden to use the word "best" when advertising.

In fact, if you were so sure about the effectiveness of your extension you wouldn't need to jump from thread to thread in an attempt to persuade people to believe it's the best domain on the internet.

As I said once in this Forum, the .top domains that sell are painful and they have no end-user. Most sales will be the result of reseller-reseller. Until the cycle ends and those stuck with it won't be able to sell (or at least to sell for a value that covers the cost of acquisition).

.top is the new bottom.

•••

The level of dedication you have towards achieving your vision is quite interesting. Thanks for answering.

•••
Looks like .com still sits on the throne and imo .us will be it's right hand in america.

•••
"I'm innocent I say, I'm innocent!" a guilty persons last words. p.s. I'm not hating on you trying to promote, but your over doing it.

'You are guilty, I say you are guilty!' - a guilty persons first words.

I thought you wanted to know the 'best extensions' from us - so I simply post my answer.
If you could or would accept it (instead of blaming it as 'spam' / 'promo'), you would not have any problem with it.
But now it simply looks like that you are in fear of the permanent increasing numbers of .top registrations.

•••
Looks like .com still sits on the throne and imo .us will be it's right hand in america.
Should I see your post now as your opinion or as spam or as promo?
Relax, I have the power to see it simply as your opinion! ;)

•••
I'm told that .trump has the best words... B-)

•••
Should I see your post now as your opinion or as spam or as promo?
Relax, I have the power to see it simply as your opinion! ;)
Difference is I don't repeat the same thing as you and ehrhardt over and over again in the same thread. :)

•••
I could't help but laugh at this reply.

You know nothing about marketing, consumer behavior or business (legit businesses - not sketchy, cheesy or spammy ones).

The reason why good reviews and lists of the best products are important is because both constitute what it's called Social Proof. It has nothing to do with a business naming themselves as top.

Now your assumption was: since good reviews are important and people want to buy the best I will just tag my own business with "the best" and add a .top extension to show everyone how great it is.

That assumption is wrong and your .top idea is cheesy and in fact, in some countries, it's ever legally forbidden to use the word "best" when advertising.

In fact, if you were so sure about the effectiveness of your extension you wouldn't need to jump from thread to thread in an attempt to persuade people to believe it's the best domain on the internet.

As I said once in this Forum, the .top domains that sell are painful and they have no end-user. Most sales will be the result of reseller-reseller. Until the cycle ends and those stuck with it won't be able to sell (or at least to sell for a value that covers the cost of acquisition).

.top is the new bottom.
Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 7.32.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 7.32.46 AM.png

•••

That data excludes the TLDs (.com, .net, .org, etc.....) it's easy to present inflated stats that are seemingly positive when your standards are lower.

Compare them with TLDs and your figures won't seem so appealing.

Most of those sales are reseller-reseller, there's no real value there, no end-user. People are seduced by those stats but when you dig deeper, the scenario is less than appealing.

Show me 1 .top page generating profits, show me 1 successful business using a .top website. And once again, if you want to compare, compare it to the TLDs as well.

Last edited:
•••
Why do such threads keep coming out?
Around 200 million domains are registered, with millions of websites built, most of which are .com, .net(for obvious reasons), and undeniably the country code and new extensions are taking up their shares in the industry too.
Come on grownups. Do you seriously think that whether you regard an extension as the best extension would make any impact on the industry as a whole?

.com is just habit

Enjoy-Communism.png

•••
•••
•••
Now show me ONE credible article saying and mentioning specifically .top is the way to go. It's not enough to say ".com is losing its strength", now show us a single credible article mentioning .top as the Holy Grail of domains. That's how you portray it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back