Dynadot

Warning: IntrustDomain / Domain Match Makers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just registered with them and try to put a backorder. I believe they used to work with enom under a dozen of names of like DropHub, DropWeek ...

Are they legit? Any one has experience with them?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have sent a email to support email.
Why the domain i had ordered have been given to someone else?

If so, i need a refund. i write to support email ,no response.

•••
Notice!
InTrust Domains is presently developing an auction platform. This platform will allow for a simple, clear and consistent process for delivery of domains with multiple bidders. This will be ready on July 15, 2010 or earlier.
Until that time, when InTrust Domains catches a domain, it is delivered in the following order:
1. If we have a Priority Offer on the domain, then the backorders are not delivered and the domain is sold to our priority offer. This problem will go away with the auctions starting July 15 or earlier.
2. Domains are delivered first-come, first-served for backorders.

How hard can it be to check if there is a Priority Offer at the time of placing the backorder?!

•••
where is their list of domains for sale? I want to check out their inventory but i can't seem to find any link on their site.

•••
•••
•••
Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. Our backorder system works on a first come first serve basis. Unfortunately, another customer backorderd the domain before you and therefore was awarded the domain. We will be glad to refund any payment that you made for this backorder. Please send us your transaction ID# if paid via paypal or the last 4 digits of your credit card number if paid via credit card. Thank you.
Regards,

I backordered a domain , they got it , it is still in their sale list now , but they told me "another customer backorderd the domain before you" .

Actually they provide services to us , they are also customers for themselves , if they like one domain caught by them , you can't be the first customer backorder the domain !

•••
I see intrust regularly in the whois of good drops, but they really have to sort this mess out.

•••
i want to use them, but at the same time i don't like how they want to charge you first and refund later if the backorder was unsuccessful. It's basically putting a hold on my funds, and several backorders really add up. Also the Paypal exchange rate just sucks!

•••
Today is 30 August and still you can see this message when you try to backorder a domain:

Notice!
InTrust Domains is presently developing an auction platform. This platform will allow for a simple, clear and consistent process for delivery of domains with multiple bidders. This will be ready on July 15, 2010 or earlier.
Until that time, when InTrust Domains catches a domain, it is delivered in the following order:
1. If we have a Priority Offer on the domain, then the backorders are not delivered and the domain is sold to our priority offer. This problem will go away with the auctions starting July 15 or earlier.
2. Domains are delivered first-come, first-served for backorders.

In plain English what this means is, you need to come up with a good domain to backorder. Then you need to make a payment to backorder it. Then they will grab the domain and check if it's any good. If they decide it is a good name they will keep it and list for sale on their website. I don'T buy this Priority Offer rubbish especially considering that those domains end up listed for sale on their site.

What they are doing is totally unethical and unacceptable.

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

So far backordering a domain on multiple places was a good idea but to me it looks like backordering at intrustdomains.com is not a wise thing to do. They might be unaware of a quality domain that you want. Basically you are helping them making money with your idea and research.

•••

Definitely oily and unethical. They are listing OBVIOUS TM domains and typos at rather huge prices.

:(

Why would anyone trust this outfit????

•••
If InTrust got their payment structure and domain transfer in line then I think there would be A LOT more domainers using them.

They are the real deal though. I've placed a backorder at NJ, Snap, and Pool and InTrust picked the name up.

This is a growing trend and it seems like their success rate is getting better every week.

•••
If InTrust got their payment structure and domain transfer in line then I think there would be A LOT more domainers using them.

They are the real deal though. I've placed a backorder at NJ, Snap, and Pool and InTrust picked the name up.

This is a growing trend and it seems like their success rate is getting better every week.

Sounds like bad news to us. Not that the other outfits are worth supporting.

•••
•••
The same thing is that intrust has been quite successful in catching domains. They are just acting in this unethical manner towards customers.

•••
I have backordered a domain on 8 September. They couldn't catch it. Before that I had backordered 3 other domains and they couldn't catch them either but they would refund the money to my account balance so I could backorder another domain.

For my last failed backorder on 8 September they didn't refund the money to my account balance. I have been waiting for 6 days. They don't answer any emails. During that time I could backorder many other domains if they would return the money to my account balance.

•••
I have backordered a domain on 8 September. They couldn't catch it. Before that I had backordered 3 other domains and they couldn't catch them either but they would refund the money to my account balance so I could backorder another domain.

For my last failed backorder on 8 September they didn't refund the money to my account balance. I have been waiting for 6 days. They don't answer any emails. During that time I could backorder many other domains if they would return the money to my account balance.

Erdinc,

It seems sometimes Intrust does not recognize that a backorder was made even though the backorder is in your account.

That might be why your refund wasn't made. It has happened to me many times.

The worst is when your backorder is ignored and they catch the domain and list it for sale on their site.

Go into your account and see if you can manually refund it.

Go to the Backorders section, select My Backorders from the drop down box.

Select your domain and then click Remove and see if it refunds.

I'm just a customer not otherwise part of InTrust.

•••
Backorders/My Backorders is empty. There is nothing to remove.

My $59 is trapped at intrustdomains.com for 6 days and they don't return the money to my account balance as they would normally do. They don't answer emails. There are too many things wrong with their service.

1. I have sent them many emails during the last few days and they didn't answer any. I sent emails to these:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

On this page there is another email address [email protected] but it doesn't work. I get a delivery error.
https://intrustdomains.com/index/team

2. They don't have any ticket system.
3. On their contact us page they don't have any email address or contact form.
4. I gave them a call before 5pm but they didn't answer the phone. The automated message on the phone says call us until 5pm. It looks like they either leave early or they don't answer phones.
5. Eight days ago they sent me a weekly report. I should receive another yesterday but they didn't send it.

•••
Backorders/My Backorders is empty. There is nothing to remove.

My $59 is trapped at intrustdomains.com for 6 days and they don't return the money to my account balance as they would normally do. They don't answer emails. There are too many things wrong with their service.

1. I have sent them many emails during the last few days and they didn't answer any. I sent emails to these:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

On this page there is another email address [email protected] but it doesn't work. I get a delivery error.
https://intrustdomains.com/index/team

2. They don't have any ticket system.
3. On their contact us page they don't have any email address or contact form.
4. I gave them a call before 5pm but they didn't answer the phone. The automated message on the phone says call us until 5pm. It looks like they either leave early or they don't answer phones.
5. Eight days ago they sent me a weekly report. I should receive another yesterday but they didn't send it.

:hi:

Appalling "customer service".

Okay I have one last tactic to offer.

Contact Kenn Palm.

He's one of the principles of the company.
[email protected]

Good luck.

•••
hm so they are very good at drop catching but it will be iffy if i will actually get the domain depending on whether or not they like it. That sucks.

There's one in particular i really want that's dropping soon so since i use all main services to backorder on same domain i was just going to add them on to the list...but damn now i'm not sure if i want to or not.

•••
Stay Away From Intrust Domains

We recently attempted to back order a PR2 domain through SnapNames and were astonished that Intrust had sent us a spam mail from a Arthur Simmons claiming that he had this domain even before it was re released. We placed a bid and it was accepted by Intrust and when asked for the payment information were astonished to see that they went back and asked for more on their auction platform even after sending us a winning confirmation! We have filed a report with Icann and filed a domain dispute as well.

You are much better off using a legit company to backorder a domain , trust us!

•••
We recently attempted to back order a PR2 domain through SnapNames and were astonished that Intrust had sent us a spam mail from a Arthur Simmons claiming that he had this domain even before it was re released.

Yeah that is standard practice for them, essentially by taking your payment they are using them to fund the drop and going by what people are saying although paid for it is hit and miss wether you will actually get it if they catch it.

•••
Have to admit that they acquire many domains that have many bidders at drop lists of Namejet, Snap and Pool.
Actually they have proved that software and servers have much meaning as they are going one against hundrends.
But this way to acquire and then go directly to auction i so strange ...

•••
They have 40+ registrars. They are not alone.

•••
They have 40+ registrars. They are not alone.

i always see the "good" domains to have exact IntrustDomains as registrar, never a partner of them

•••
I just wish they'd stop spamming my emails.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back