NameSilo

The .xyz registry seems quite influential

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

789.xyz

Established Member
Impact
Just discovered that all platform accounts of the XYZ Domain Registry are XYZ.
Also have xyz .com, xyz .xyz in hand.
twitter .com/xyz
instagram .com/xyz
facebook .com/xyz
threads .net/@xyz

There are often high-priced transactions involving the Indian queen Swetha on the xyz platform, and online rumors suggest that this might be orchestrated by the xyz registry itself. For instance, the $100,000 sale of SPORTSBET .XYZ in May 2022 seems quite suspicious. Given the xyz registry's influence, this kind of speculation could very well be true.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
What he means is that Generation XYZ seem to have the xyz handles on most of the major social media platforms. The main one it's lacking is the YouTube handle.

The story with Swetha is up in the air. She's actively promoting .xyz domains on twitter, with posts like these:

1715082027898.png

It's aimed at the crypto crowd, so it will end up in their twitter feed where they'll see that a .xyz domain sold for five figures, which normalizes high prices to people that aren't familiar with the domain market. That way she could realistically pull in a sucker every now so and then.

If we look at the most recent .xyz sales we find that they tend to be in the three figures.

1715082969244.png

The notable exception here is interval.xyz, which (you guess it) was sold by Swetha.

It could be that she's on Generation XYZ's payroll, we don't know. But it's also feasible that she's a really good saleswoman.

•••
What he means is that Generation XYZ seem to have the xyz handles on most of the major social media platforms. The main one it's lacking is the YouTube handle.

Ah I see. Guessing they just bought them off whoever owned them?

The story with Swetha is up in the air. She's actively promoting .xyz domains on twitter, with posts like these:

Show attachment 256410

It's aimed at the crypto crowd, so it will end up in their twitter feed where they'll see that a .xyz domain sold for five figures, which normalizes high prices to people that aren't familiar with the domain market. That way she could realistically pull in a sucker every now so and then.

If we look at the most recent .xyz sales we find that they tend to be in the three figures.

Show attachment 256411

The notable exception here is interval.xyz, which (you guess it) was sold by Swetha.

It could be that she's on Generation XYZ's payroll, we don't know. But it's also feasible that she's a really good saleswoman.

Those 3 figure sales are all wholesale.

Pretty sure a few of them (e.g. boss, op) carry premium pricing too which tends to reduce prices.

•••
... For instance, the $100,000 sale of SPORTSBET .XYZ in May 2022 seems quite suspicious. Given the xyz registry's influence, this kind of speculation could very well be true.

Plz, due diligence vs guessing.
Defensive (pre-emptively) domain name acquisition / reg. and variations of domain extensions happen every minute, every day.
(in some cases dn do not resolve)

fyi
sp/orts/bet .I/o is xyz & the another doorway (login) is /sp/ort/ca/st/live/ .c/om

Regards

•••
Ah I see. Guessing they just bought them off whoever owned them?
No idea.

Those 3 figure sales are all wholesale.
How do you know that? The short answer is: you don't. You assume it is because you're uncomfortable with the prices.

Anyway, the point I'm making is that .xyz aren't good investments unless your name is Swetha. Because she's consistently responsible for the vast majority of these high-end sales.

Pretty sure a few of them (e.g. boss, op) carry premium pricing too which tends to reduce prices.
Funny you say that because boss.xyz was registered in 2017, while halo.xyz (which is also a four-letter word), which's sale Swetha is advertising was registered in 2019.

To be fair, .xyz's premium list is a mess and I couldn't tell if either of them are premium. And I'm not sure that the buyers could either. But the point remains: You should not base your investments on Swetha's sales unless you know how she makes these sales.

•••
How do you know that? The short answer is: you don't. You assume it is because you're uncomfortable with the prices.

Godaddy, Sav, and Namecheap are generally wholesale venues.

Cable is now for sale for $35k so that one was definitely wholesale. None of the others resolve yet.

I'm not uncomfortable with the prices, I don't care about xyz either way, and could point to a hundred .com sales at the same venues each day that are 3-figure wholesale prices. This is how the market works.

Anyway, the point I'm making is that .xyz aren't good investments unless your name is Swetha. Because she's consistently responsible for the vast majority of these high-end sales.

Funny you say that because boss.xyz was registered in 2017, while halo.xyz (which is also a four-letter word), which's sale Swetha is advertising was registered in 2019.

To be fair, .xyz's premium list is a mess and I couldn't tell if either of them are premium. And I'm not sure that the buyers could either. But the point remains: You should not base your investments on Swetha's sales unless you know how she makes these sales.

She owns 20k of the best keywords in the xyz space that is popular in the crypto niche where many millions are raised every single day. It's pretty simple really.

•••
Raises this week that I know of, I'm sure there is a LOT more:

LavaNet.xyz $11M
BotanixLabs.xyz $11.5M
Galaxis.xyz $10M
Airstack.xyz $4M
Paragraph.xyz $5M
Agora.xyz $5M
Holograph.xyz $11M

•••
20,000 of the best words in the crypto space 😂
Anyways trying to look at nameservers via dns.coffee and I have never seen so many changes to halo.xyz
Was it dropped, reserved, pushed and pumped. I can only see first 100 of 251 ns changes. It sure appears iffy, no proof. An obscure extension catering to crypto crowd. Real people dont even know it exists. Sure hard up to find things to talk about, this has been rehashed for years. 🔁
Referring to me

•••
•••
Godaddy, Sav, and Namecheap are generally wholesale venues.
I disagree, most domains (in my experience) are buy-it-now (or make an offer) listings. But it doesn't matter.

Cable is now for sale for $35k so that one was definitely wholesale. None of the others resolve yet.
Right, but why would an investor sell cable.xyz for $338 if it had notable five-figure sales potential?

Most of Swetha's sales do not resolve either, but that doesn't mean that they're wholesale.

I'm not uncomfortable with the prices, I don't care about xyz either way, and could point to a hundred .com sales at the same venues each day that are 3-figure wholesale prices. This is how the market works.
I've touched on this before, but wholesales are not quite the excuse that you think it is. If the vast majority of most trades are between investors that means that there are very few end-users.

She owns 20k of the best keywords in the xyz space that is popular in the crypto niche where many millions are raised every single day. It's pretty simple really.
Raises this week that I know of, I'm sure there is a LOT more:

LavaNet.xyz $11M
BotanixLabs.xyz $11.5M
Galaxis.xyz $10M
Airstack.xyz $4M
Paragraph.xyz $5M
Agora.xyz $5M
Holograph.xyz $11M
The only ones of those sales with documented sales are Paragraph, Agora, and Holograph. All sold by Swetha two years ago. The top ones are likely to be hand registrations.

I'm not going to get into Swetha's sales because they're not representative of the market as a whole. There are plenty of good .xyz domains that sell for three figures on a daily basis. And the muddying of the waters with "wholesales," "registry premiums," etc. is uninteresting to me, because if it's this convoluted then it's too risky of a market.

Last edited:
•••
Anyways trying to look at nameservers via dns.coffee and I have never seen so many changes to halo.xyz

Just switching between Dan, Afternic, and Efty landers every few days.

•••
Right, but why would an investor sell cable.xyz for $338 if it had notable five-figure sales potential?

It expired at Sav and was auction off. You can see this by checking the DNS records. It wasn't "sold" by an investor, it was PICKED UP by an investor. i.e. Wholesale price.

People drop good domains every day that then get picked up by domain investors and later sold for many thousands. This is literally the entire business model of most people on the forum you're on right now :ROFL:

•••
Just switching between Dan, Afternic, and Efty landers every few days.
If she has 20,000 domains, then this should be extremely tricky. Because you'd have to change the name servers.

Like most people have pointed out, there's some shady stuff going on with Swetha.

It expired at Sav and was auction off. You can see this by checking the DNS records. It wasn't "sold" by an investor, it was PICKED UP by an investor. i.e. Wholesale price.
Fair enough, it ended up in auction and $338 was the highest bid between investors.

But this is interesting, because if it expired then it should now have been added to XYZ's premium list. It's a five-letter one-word, registered in a gazillion extensions. So it's listed for $35,000 despite being a registry premium? Doesn't that contradict your initial premise of non-premiums being worth more?

People drop good domains every day that then get picked up by domain investors and later sold for many thousands. This is literally the entire business model of most people on the forum you're on right now :ROFL:
If cable.xyz expires before it sells then add "MKA was right, I was wrong." in your signature. If it sells before it expires I'll add "Kyle Tully was right, I was wrong." in mine, and we'll keep it there for a full year. Deal?

Last edited:
•••
You can mass change NS on your entire portfolio in 3 seconds this really isn't anything special.

It's a $319.99 renewal so yes it is premium and this most likely suppressed the wholesale price.

Whether the name sells for $35k in a year has no relevance to the conversation we're having. Assuming Swetha reports most of her sales then there are a LOT of names she holds that don't get sold in a year. It's simply a numbers game.

•••
You can mass change NS on your entire portfolio in 3 seconds this really isn't anything special.
How? You're talking about 20,000 domains, each which at least three different landing pages. If we were talking about some automated rotation of landing pages then it would make sense. But she's updating the landing pages manually. This isn't a common practice either.

It's a $319.99 renewal so yes it is premium and this most likely suppressed the wholesale price.
But the argument is concerning the listing price. You argue that other good .xyz domains don't sell for as much as Swetha's because they're registry premiums. So why is this registry premium listed for $35,000?

Whether the name sells for $35k in a year has no relevance to the conversation we're having.
I didn't say a year and I didn't say it had to sell for $35,000. I said if it sold before it expires, i.e. the owner drops it before it sells for any price.

And it is relevant because it emphasizes my point: Only Swetha consistently make these sales.

Assuming Swetha reports most of her sales then there are a LOT of names she holds that don't get sold in a year. It's simply a numbers game.
It's not a numbers game at all. 20,000 is a small fraction of the good names that are registered and sell. But the vast majority of high-end sales are by her.

Last edited:
•••
How? You're talking about 20,000 domains, each which at least three different landing pages. If we were talking about some automated rotation of landing pages then it would make sense. But she's updating the landing pages manually. This isn't a common practice either.

They just changed the nameservers to point to different landing pages. I do this regularly with my entire portfolio. It’s a 3 second job or can be completely automated if you have api access.

But the argument is concerning the listing price. You argue that other good .xyz domains don't sell for as much as Swetha's because they're registry premiums. So why is this registry premium listed for $35,000?

No I'm saying wholesale prices are affected by premiums, they likely only have a small impact on retail sales.

Most people don’t sell names like swetha because they don’t have the number nor quality of names she has.

I didn't say a year and I didn't say it had to sell for $35,000. I said if it sold before it expires, i.e. the owner drops it before it sells for any price.

And it is relevant because it emphasizes my point: Only Swetha consistently make these sales.

It’s a registry premium so quite likely to be dropped within a year or two unless the investor thinks it’s a particular good name and has the cash flow to support it.

It's not a numbers game at all. 20,000 is a small fraction of the good names that are registered and sell. But the vast majority of high-end sales are by her.

She has the vast majority of the type of names crypto companies are interested in.

•••
Just what we need xyz debate thread number 2586.

Many of Swetha’s sales are developed sites and the end users often brag on X about their acquisition or name change.

Those who don’t believe won’t believe no matter what is developed or proven to be bought by whomever end user.

The only question is why obsess or even care if you don’t deal in xyz?

•••
They just changed the nameservers to point to different landing pages. I do this regularly with my entire portfolio. It’s a 3 second job or can be completely automated if you have api access.
You can do it individually (assuming you have the links ready), but for 20,000 domains that's not feasible. You mentioned that you can change all at your name servers, but I'm not aware of such a function, especially when you have a large number of domains, each with different landing pages. With API access it would be fairly easy to run such a program though a server, but I can't find any distribution of this API for Dynadot.

No I'm saying wholesale prices are affected by premiums, they likely only have a small impact on retail sales.
But we're specifically talking Swetha's sales. If renewal prices don't matter that much then there was no reason for you to even question the renewal price of boss.xyz as a reason for why it sold for $1,125 when halo.xyz sold for $85,000.

Most people don’t sell names like swetha because they don’t have the number nor quality of names she has.
She doesn't own the best names, she owns some good names. 20,000 isn't a lot in this context. If I wanted to buy a .xyz domain, I'd look at what .xyz domain I wanted before b

It’s a registry premium so quite likely to be dropped within a year or two unless the investor thinks it’s a particular good name and has the cash flow to support it.

She has the vast majority of the type of names crypto companies are interested in.
No she doesn't. She has a bunch of random words that could function as brands. There's nothing special with her domains over the ones that typically sell for three figures.

Just what we need xyz debate thread number 2586.

Many of Swetha’s sales are developed sites and the end users often brag on X about their acquisition or name change.

Those who don’t believe won’t believe no matter what is developed or proven to be bought by whomever end user.
You're not following the debate. This is not about whether Swetha's sales are real, it's about why .xyz don't consistently sell for a lot unless they're sold by Swetha.

Compare her to @Igor Gabrielan, who holds a bunch of great .ai domains. The difference is, great .ai domains still consistently sell for six figures when they're sold by other people.

Only with Swetha does this discrepancy exist.

The only question is why obsess or even care if you don’t deal in xyz?
I'm discussing it out of interest, and I'm sharing my reasons for why I think .xyz are bad investments.

Last edited:
•••
What "serious" crypto company or project (who else is buying xyz-names?) is going to call themselves Boss? Interval, otoh, why not. That's the only thing I'm looking at. I don't give a rat's ass who the seller is.

Last edited:
•••
What "serious" crypto company or project (who else is buying xyz-names?) is going to call themselves Boss? Interval, otoh, why not. That's the only thing I'm looking at. I don't give a rat's ass who the seller is.
Boss is more relevant & precise brandable imho since The word "boss" can convey ideas of leadership, authority, and being in charge - qualities that could appeal in the decentralized crypto space.

This is like someone says what serious company or project is going to call themselves 'bull' while bull.xyz sold for 200k$ in past.Its buyer who choose the brand name while the unhappy sellers can criticize everything here.

Peace.

Last edited:
•••
I don't give a rat's ass who the seller is.
But the seller does matters. Whether you want to attribute it to skillful marketing and negotiation, or some form of behind-the-scenes market manipulation doesn't matter. There's a hard discrepancy between good domains sold by Swetha and good domains sold by anyone else. So if you're "anyone else" then the non-Swetha sales should be more relevant to you.

•••
But the seller does matters. Whether you want to attribute it to skillful marketing and negotiation, or some form of behind-the-scenes market manipulation doesn't matter. There's a hard discrepancy between good domains sold by Swetha and good domains sold by anyone else. So if you're "anyone else" then the non-Swetha sales should be more relevant to you.

Fair enough, but could be as simple as pricing high vs low (=understanding the buyer pool or not).

Last edited:
•••
Fair enough, but could be as simple as pricing high vs low (=understanding the buyer pool or not).
Swetha just closed her account. Because she felt that there were many rumors about her in the forum. Unfortunately.

•••
Another huge loss. There is 100 people to take her place. Quantity>quality
To stay on topic, the investor holding 888.xyz sure has a lot of unregistered names for sale at dan.com. Prolly forgets to remove their listings. You know how it is.
See you at the other places Swetha

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back