Dynadot

news NamePros Parking adds Buy Now (and much more)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey, domain sellers! 👋

We have a special surprise for you.

Continuing from last year (and last week), we have some exciting updates to share with you about NamePros Parking!

First, consider this:

You price your domain name at $2,500. For years, hundreds of interested buyers want to buy it, but the price is too high for them. They don't even try to contact you because they don't realize that the price is negotiable or may change. Years later, you decide to lower the price to $995. How many previously-interested buyers would buy it at this lowered price? You’d never know — until now!

With our new Buy Now options, you can finally contact those previous buyers to increase your sales opportunities. 💸

Here’s how:

Our landers require buyers to confirm their email address before they can see the price. Once confirmed, the price is available to them and their email address is available to you. Simple and effective.

1712936633688.png

Now, let’s talk new features!​

• Buy Now: Add a Buy button with a sales price and payment options for buyers to purchase your domains.
    • Escrow.com (Recommended): Starts an Escrow.com transaction for you and allows the buyer to pay immediately.
    • PayPal: Creates a PayPal transaction for the buyer to pay directly to your PayPal account.
    • Email: You and the buyer use email to choose a payment method (e.g., crypto), discuss lease-to-own (LTO) options, etc.
  • Location: Country, region (e.g., state or province), and locality (e.g., city, town, or village) of your inquirers to help you understand where they are located, the best time to contact them, etc.
  • Bulk Management: Set options on multiple domains at the same time: prices, payment methods, appearance, etc.
  • Exports: Download your inquiries, including buyers’ email addresses, offers, etc. (CSV format.)
  • Domain Verification: Verify your domains by using any of these methods: name servers (NS), CNAME, or TXT records.
  • Supersonic Speed Boost: Our landers already loaded blazingly fast, but now they’re even faster — a powerful increase in performance!
    • For techies: Go, Redis, and Elastic (previously only: PHP and MySQL)

Wait, there’s more!

Tell us the features that you want for NamePros Parking because we’re adding new features all month!

Features coming soon:​

• Payment Plans: Payment buttons for lease-to-own (LTO) and renting, e.g., “$995/mo for 8 months”
  • ✅ Minimum Offers: Save time by specifying a minimum offer amount to set buyers’ expectations.
  • Portfolio Website: A sharable storefront of the domains in your account with search and filters.
  • Traffic: The number of visitors to parked domains, optionally displayed on your landing pages.
  • ✅ Remove NamePros Branding: An option to remove unnecessary mentions of NamePros from parked pages.
  • ✅ More Landers: Choose from multiple landing pages for various purposes, such as a new Buy Now Optimized lander.
  • File Imports: Add domains to your account and set their prices by uploading spreadsheet files (e.g., .CSV).

PRO TIP: There is a common misconception about how many domain sales happen because of marketplaces. In reality, many sales would still happen (and do happen) without the help of a marketplace, so NamePros is providing a free solution to sell domains and you keep 100% of your profit.

Our for-sale parking service is 100% free:​

• No upfront fees
  • No monthly fees
  • No commission (0%)
  • No upgraded account necessary
  • 100% of your sales belong to you!

How does all that sound?

Visit namepros.com/parking to get started! 🎉

Tip: Quickly access your parking dashboard using the "Sell" dropdown menu at the top.

Questions? Ask below, or check out our Help Guide for NamePros Parking.

P.S. Our announcement last week was not a prank. Spatial Scrolling™ is real, courtesy of NamePros innovation! 🤯

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
OK. I've got only 1 domain loaded into the system. A-A-A-A.com which I have loaded my NS servers too. From my immature point of view I think only 1 of the nameservers has been loaded, and the other, which wasn't loaded as the same, but maybe a day later, is the one which is not loading, the one which is not using the "NS2." starting.

rgds
Name Trader - Stu

•••
OK. I've got only 1 domain loaded into the system. A-A-A-A.com which I have loaded my NS servers too. From my immature point of view I think only 1 of the nameservers has been loaded, and the other, which wasn't loaded as the same, but maybe a day later, is the one which is not loading, the one which is not using the "NS2." starting.

rgds
Name Trader - Stu
Thanks for specifying the domain name.

Here are the WHOIS details on it:
It’s showing that the name servers have not been changed to ours yet.

Here are instructions from your registrar on how to do that:

Please let us know if we can help further, or if you have additional questions.

Thanks.

•••
OK. I seem to have missed out the last step, to activate the nameservers after creating them at Dynadot. I don't know what I'm supposed to input here for Host Name & IP Address. Thank you.

rgds
Name Trader - Stu

•••
I don't know what I'm supposed to input here for Host Name & IP Address.
If you want to set the name servers, then that’s the wrong page. When you’re setting the name servers, it won’t ask you for a host name or an IP address.

Check out this instructional video:

It walks you through how to do each step of the process.

Does that help?

•••
That looks a lot different from what I was doing. Let me try to figure it out.

•••
OK. I could not understand the dynadot instructions. So I added the NamePros nameservers to my one and only domain name which is my triail run domain, and it produced the NamePros for sale page. Is this now complete (apart from the actual sales details) or do I have still have to complete something I couldn't understand.

I presume there is an easy way to add more domains for sale.

Last edited:
•••
So I added the NamePros nameservers to my one and only domain name which is my triail run domain, and it produced the NamePros for sale page. Is this now complete (apart from the actual sales details) or do I have still have to complete something I couldn't understand.

I presume there is an easy way to add more domains for sale.
Yes.

There are just two steps to add more domains:
  1. Add our name servers to them at your registrar (Dynadot)
  2. Add them to your account on NamePros.

Here’s the link to add more domains to your account:

A-A-A-A.com
Your domain name A-A-A-A.com is now verified and showing our for-sale landing page.

It looks great!

•••
Yes.

There are just two steps to add more domains:
  1. Add our name servers to them at your registrar (Dynadot)
  2. Add them to your account on NamePros.

Here’s the link to add more domains to your account:

Your domain name A-A-A-A.com is now verified and showing our for-sale landing page.

It looks great!

So do I need add more domains for sale to both dynadot servers AND NamePros, or just either or?

•••
So do I need add more domains for sale to both dynadot servers AND NamePros, or just either or?
The first step is always to add our name servers by following the instructions in this video:

Then, once you’ve done that:

The second and final step is for you to add the domains to your NamePros account by visiting the following link:

https://www.namepros.com/parking/domains/add

Both of those steps are required. No other steps are necessary.

•••
OK. While I'm waiting for an answer on other things. Can we use our logo (NT) rather than NP logo on our for sale page and any other pages?

rgds
Name Trader - Stu

•••
•••
OK. So we need to add the domain to the domain servers (dynadot) servers and to our NamePros Account. So it seems like although I went away from your the last instruction (which I couldn't understand) by putting your servers on the domain directly, I actually fixed the my broken system. Now I have a working system.

Preumably I can also use a Dynadot Nameserver Template on these 2 NamePros nameserver, so I don't need to add to them both servers individually. Is that correct?

rgds
Name Trader - Stu

•••
Preumably I can also use a Dynadot Nameserver Template on these 2 NamePros nameserver, so I don't need to add to them both servers individually. Is that correct?
Correct; their template feature makes it very easy to apply the same name servers to additional domains.

It's a nice feature of Dynadot.

•••
@Bravo Mod Team, would it be possible to have an open field for data entry rather than having to click the 'find domains' button? Not a big deal but it would help eliminate one step.

FYI to all: I'm at 200+ names listed and adding more slowly. I'm taking the opportunity to check other marketplaces the names may have been listed at by myself or others before adding.

Also, I have received my first inquiry through the system but 'buyer' has yet to respond. When responding to an inquiry with a number, I give 3, 5 or 7 days bfor them to pull the trigger. In this case I gave 7 days and I'll update once that period is reached.

I miss not having an IP Address as shown below. NP's is way better than others that give no info at all as seen in bottom image.

Sale info 1.jpg

Sale info 3.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Could we have a place where we could see all the domains for sale on NamePros Parking?

•••
Hi @Name Trader (NamePros Trader) :xf.grin:

Do you feel the procedure for changing name servers to NamePros Parking at your registrar is significantly different than what you are used to doing for your other domains? If so, what could be the reason for that specifically?

All the best.

Last edited:
•••
Hi @Name Trader (NamePros Trader) :xf.grin:

Do you feel the procedure for changing name servers to NamePros Parking at your registrar is significantly different than what you are used to doing for your other domains? If so, what could be the reason for that specifically?

All the best.

I am not at all sure what you are asking? I have not changed my nameservers since my last hosting change years ago. Even now my hosting settings at Dynadot are telling me I'm not using any domains in my hosting settings. Which is not exactly true because my main for sale domain is NameTrader.com clearly is running on my current hosting. To my knowledge.

So I have really no experience with nameservers. But I was having problems getting past my NamePros approvals. I could not get past that last approval step. Whatever I tried. Only after several days/tries did I have the idea of adding the NamePros servers directly to my one trial domain. Lo and behold, that seemed put everything right. My NamePros approval were approved, and I could see the for sale page for the first time. It was a breath of fresh air.

I hope that helps.

Name Trader - Stu

•••
Also. As proof it's working, you can go to A-A-A-A.com, my 1st trial domain

•••
@Name Trader I wrongly assumed that, given your long track record, you would have changed name servers for your domains many times. But that is not the case. Thanks for the explanation, and enjoy NP Parking.

•••
would it be possible to have an open field for data entry rather than having to click the 'find domains' button? Not a big deal but it would help eliminate one step.
Requested.

I miss not having an IP Address as shown below.
Do you miss anything else about it that we could add?

The "hostname domain" is coming soon.

•••
Could we have a place where we could see all the domains for sale on NamePros Parking?
That's going to be an optional feature of our upcoming portfolio pages. :)

•••
Is it possible to add personal description as an info for each domain? Thanks

•••
Those are great examples that emphasize the importance of removing old, inactive domain listings from NamePros Marketplace. Thanks for sharing.

We also discussed this concern in a previous post.

We just asked them if they mind us sharing that publicly. It should be fine, but we’ll let you know once we get confirmation.
I've seen several mentions of the importance of removing old inactive domain listings but I don't see a way to do that. How do we delete a listing?

•••
I currently have only one domain using NamePros. It uses the simplest template, Make Offer. In about 2 weeks I will have all 1500 domains listed as Make Offer, and will start the process of pricing each domain. I will have a search facility as well. It's a combination of my current search with the NamePros landing page as the result. You will be able to search for any 1 domain or any combination of domains. My programmer is going to have a busy 2 weeks.

•••
I am getting many offers through Namepros parking. The problem is the same old story though. Almost all the people only want to pay between $50 to $500 even for the domain they really want. I simply can't afford to sell my names for $500, let alone less than that. It takes $1,000 per sale just to cover my portfolio renewal costs at 1% sale rate.

The answer as I see it is to be able to say to the low offers that they can own the domain with a payment plan within their offer range. Let's say that they offer $50. Instead of trying to tell them I want $2,000, which they can't afford to pay, they would get the congratulatory message that the domain is easily affordable for them to own well within their budget at only $28.69 per month. This price reflects a $2,000 sales price financed at 12% interest over 10 years. The total income for me will end up being $3,443 over that 10 year period.

This is much better than trying to promote "renting" or "leasing" domains, which sound like a waste of money because they don't own anything even at the end of the agreement. This will provide immediate gratification and the comfort of actual ownership with resale rights. This will allow anyone to build a successful business on a domain and be able to sell the domain with their business and be guaranteed the payoff amount will not increase, regardless of how valuable the domain has become due to their business success with that name.

I truly believe this could be a game changer if implemented correctly!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back