Dynadot

discuss The backstory of selling a domain for $75K less a month after acquiring it using Namepros Parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bohdan

Top Member
Impact
Name type: 4L, one-word .io domain.
Sale date: June, 13th.
Hold time: ~ 1 month.
Sale price: $75K (my largest sale so far).
Lander: Namepros Parking

!Please do not share the name in the comments if you know it. If you do that this will be the last time I share my sales here. Thanks for understanding!

I acquired that domain on May, 3rd this year but in fact it hit my account only on May, 18th at Sav.com so at the moment of writing it still holds the transfer lock.

To make this sale happen, I parked the domain at the Namepros landings and used the Price Request aka “meet-my-entry-point” strategy from Rick Schwartz @Rick Schwartz, so I didn't respond to the initial $5K and $10K offers. I entered negotiations only after the very next day broker offered $50K upfront and $50K in installments, though this still needed confirmation from the buyer.

Eventually, the buyer preferred to pay entirely in cash, so after some back and forth, we settled at $75K. We then initiated the transaction via Escrow.com, and the buyer made the payment.

As some of you know, Escrow refused to disburse the funds to my bank account, my Wise account due to their internal policies. The only "real bank" accounts should be used as their support rep said. By the way, their support can ignore you for a couple of days without responding or providing updates. Not quite fitting for a service that claims to be "The #1 industry Escrow service". This issue could have been prevented on the stage of creating the transaction between 2 parties by notifying me, that they would not be able to pay me.

Long story short, thanks to the broker, we managed to change the seller's email for the transaction to one of their accounts, allowing them to pay me through the Afternic checkout link while they received the payment from Escrow, which we successfully executed. Push flow: (I push to Afternic TA, TA pushes the domain to the broker, the broker pushes the domain to the Escrow account, and Escrow pushes the name to the buyer).

The bottom line:
  1. Avoid Escrow.com. Of course, after having a negative experience with Escrow, I do not recommend using them until they fix their issues for sellers like me.
  2. Use alternative Escrow services. You can use alternative Escrow services such as Dan import lead, Afternic checkout link, AtomPay Checkout Link, or Escrowdomains.com
  3. Speak less, and listen more. When negotiating with highly motivated buyers with such a budget - :zippermouth:
  4. Do not be too greedy. I know I left the money on the table, but I don't care since I made a huge return. Always consider this. Now I can expand my inventory with more high-quality names, which could bring me more sales like this or even higher.
  5. Take care of your mental health. Situations like this can drain your mental attitude, so seek a resolution and find ways to distract yourself until everything is resolved.
P.S. Remember to take care, embrace your loved ones, express gratitude for their support, and live with dignity. Wishing you all tremendous sales.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what u want as domainer is lowest fees and buyers email for full contact as u both see fit ... vs some bs limited communication where u gotta wait for buyer to counter etc ... while paying 10 to 30perxent for this bs... depending if its dan sedo atom gd etc... so for your landers to get buyer email u are already limited to few options only.... np... your own page... bodis with or withoiut ads lander... efty not free so no good.. maybe there is couple more I dont know ... I use bodis no ads lander.. once u agree price with buyer by email u are free to finalize anywhere... I use dan addlead for 5perxent... I guess when and if they close I'll worry about something else... dan means u get great ui plus super fast payout etc ... it's pretty dumb to use anything but dan addlead. I'm sure u can save 1 or 2percent elsewhere but dont give up that for great proven payment processor. enjoy this info everyone and happy sales. p.s if u use bodis u also get great stats and ability to change to any lander with 1 click vs going to 10 different registrars and changing dns each time

•••

I do not agree. there are dozen payment options now. the last thing we need is another payment option. Dan addlead at 5% is ultra hard to beat so is there ui and payout speed and email support. I mean at 5perxent there is just no room to go lower unless it's free. even afternic add lead at 5 percent comes with a ui which is a disgrace plus an expiry time of 7day. which blows.

•••
I do not agree. there are dozen payment options now. the last thing we need is another payment option. Dan addlead at 5% is ultra hard to beat so is there ui and payout speed and email support. I mean at 5perxent there is just no room to go lower unless it's free. even afternic add lead at 5 percent comes with a ui which is a disgrace plus an expiry time of 7day. which blows.
Dan, Afternic, Sedo, and AtomPay are not full-fledged escrow services, they do not offer broker involvement. The issue is even not with them but with Escrow.com, which in fact has monopolized its niche. The broker who was handling my transaction even was not aware of how to use Afternic. And this guy has closed numerous multimillion-dollar transactions.

Last edited:
•••
Dan, Afternic, Sedo, and AtomPay are not full-fledged escrow services, they do not offer broker involvement. The issue is even not with them but with Escrow.com, which in fact has monopolized its niche. The broker who was handling my transaction even was not aware of how to use Afternic. And this guy has closed numerous multimillion-dollar transactions.

what exactly do u mean by broker in escrow and why exactly do u require it versus adding a lead on dan for example. and escrow.com is not optimal for domainers. but that was never their aim from start

•••
Thanks for sharing your story. Really appreciate it, feeling happy for you. It is one of the moment that every domainer waits for...

!Please do not share the name in the comments if you know it. If you do that this will be the last time I share my sales here. Thanks for understanding!

I acquired that domain on May, 3rd this year but in fact it hit my account only on May, 18th at Sav.com so at the moment of writing it still holds the transfer lock.

To make this sale happen, I parked the domain at the Namepros landings and used the Price Request aka “meet-my-entry-point” strategy from Rick Schwartz @Rick Schwartz, so I didn't respond to the initial $5K and $10K offers. I entered negotiations only after the very next day broker offered $50K upfront and $50K in installments, though this still needed confirmation from the buyer.

Eventually, the buyer preferred to pay entirely in cash, so after some back and forth, we settled at $75K. We then initiated the transaction via Escrow.com, and the buyer made the payment.

As some of you know, Escrow refused to disburse the funds to my bank account, my Wise account due to their internal policies. The only "real bank" accounts should be used as their support rep said. By the way, their support can ignore you for a couple of days without responding or providing updates. Not quite fitting for a service that claims to be "The #1 industry Escrow service". This issue could have been prevented on the stage of creating the transaction between 2 parties by notifying me, that they would not be able to pay me.

Long story short, thanks to the broker, we managed to change the seller's email for the transaction to one of their accounts, allowing them to pay me through the Afternic checkout link while they received the payment from Escrow, which we successfully executed. Push flow: (I push to Afternic TA, TA pushes the domain to the broker, the broker pushes the domain to the Escrow account, and Escrow pushes the name to the buyer).

The bottom line:
  1. Avoid Escrow.com. Of course, after having a negative experience with Escrow, I do not recommend using them until they fix their issues for sellers like me.
  2. Use alternative Escrow services. You can use alternative Escrow services such as Dan import lead, Afternic checkout link, AtomPay Checkout Link, or Escrowdomains.com
  3. Speak less, and listen more. When negotiating with highly motivated buyers with such a budget - :zippermouth:
  4. Do not be too greedy. I know I left the money on the table, but I don't care since I made a huge return. Always consider this. Now I can expand my inventory with more high-quality names, which could bring me more sales like this or even higher.
  5. Take care of your mental health. Situations like this can drain your mental attitude, so seek a resolution and find ways to distract yourself until everything is resolved.
P.S. Remember to take care, embrace your loved ones, express gratitude for their support, and live with dignity. Wishing you all tremendous sales.

•••
Thanks for sharing your story. Really appreciate it, feeling happy for you. It is one of the moment that every domainer waits for...

The bottom line:

•••
what exactly do u mean by broker in escrow and why exactly do u require it versus adding a lead on dan for example. and escrow.com is not optimal for domainers. but that was never their aim from start
For example, I'm a broker, and my fee is 5% and I negotiated to sell a domain for $50K. So the buyer would pay $50K + 5% + Escrow fee.
Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 11.46.43.png

•••

what u want as domainer is lowest fees and buyers email for full contact as u both see fit ... vs some bs limited communication where u gotta wait for buyer to counter etc ... while paying 10 to 30perxent for this bs... depending if its dan sedo atom gd etc... so for your landers to get buyer email u are already limited to few options only.... np... your own page... bodis with or withoiut ads lander... efty not free so no good.. maybe there is couple more I dont know ... I use bodis no ads lander.. once u agree price with buyer by email u are free to finalize anywhere... I use dan addlead for 5perxent... I guess when and if they close I'll worry about something else... dan means u get great ui plus super fast payout etc ... it's pretty dumb to use anything but dan addlead. I'm sure u can save 1 or 2percent elsewhere but dont give up that for great proven payment processor. enjoy this info everyone and happy sales. p.s if u use bodis u also get great stats and ability to change to any lander with 1 click vs going to 10 different registrars and changing dns each time
Hi,

I just have a question. If someone uses NP/ Bodis landing pages and they just expect the buyer to come to them without any marketing, without listing it on dan, sedo, godaddy, atom etc and without responding to 5k-10k, then this domain must be a really premium domain and have a lot of traffic, right? I mean, if someone has mid value domains and and does everything mentioned above, then they will never sell their domains, am I wrong?

Thank you

Last edited:
•••
Brilliantly said, congrats on the sale & your professional manner.

Cheers
Corey

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back