Dynadot

domains Someone spent $258,888 on Stack.ai just last year and now it’s expiring?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
:heavy_check_mark: TheDomains.com
:heavy_check_mark: TLDInvestors.com
Impact
So back in 2023 Stack.ai sold for $258,888 at Afternic. The domain name had been acquired for $4,449 at the expired auctions on Whois.ai. It was listed at DAN for $348,888. Looking at Archive.org nothing went up on the domain name. Now we see the domain name is expired and back at Whois.ai. Last Bid […]
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Its not surprised though since i have seen many endusers forgot to renew their domains in the past like ,PLUT(.)Us formerly owned by Plutus (.)network ,a crypto company and digital(.)ly deleted and caught by domainers recently which formerly owned by 3M company and stel(.)la owned by an enduser parked at markmonitor.com and deleted ,caught by Domainers ,and Medellin(.) co expired and auctioned at dynadot .com but the former owner paid it back afterwards many many more.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Auto renew was introduced for these people.

Now that domain owner would have enabled it on many of his domains, hoping he/she is all fine.

•••
Wow, You can almost understand a drop after a few years, Not on their agenda anymore,. But, after one year ?

Maybe a Tax offset/consideration, who knows maybe even the original purchase had some accountancy motive, I hope so. Scary to think someone missed a simple renewal

Last edited:
•••
It apparently cannot be renewed I asked @Igor Gabrielan on X and he said cannot be renewed.

•••
Why would a domain name not be eligible for renewal?

•••
Why would a domain name not be eligible for renewal?
I think he was saying it's past the time frame to be renewed it's already at auction.

•••
Got it.

Some registrars allow people to renew their domain names even on the last day of auction.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back