NameSilo

Self-employment roll call, introduce yourself please.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Welcome self-bossers, and current and future entrepreneurs to the Business Development forum at Name Pros.

Stand up, say 'hi' here and let us know how long you've been self-employed.

To start things out... Hi, my name is RJ. I started my current business in 1997, and been self employed since late 1999.

:]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey RJ, I am semi-self employed since 2002 :)

•••
Hi there, I too am semi self employed but only for about two months now.

All I seem to do at the moment is spend, spend, spend!:'(

•••
Hi, my name is Rodney, and I'm self employed :D

I started making my first website in 1996, I officially started my business in 1997.

After selling part of my business in 2001 for a nice sum, I went full time self employed in May of 2002 and couldn't dream of having it any other way!

Running websites is like having investments...you gotta diversify!

--
Rodney

•••
Howdy. I'm Michael. Took a wrong turn somewhere and have been self-employed wince 1987. Any 9-5, steady paycheck jobs out there? Hehe. Am a freelance cameraman that now has sticks/fingers? in alot of fires including a budding career in DN'sand WebDev. (Almost!) Too old to Rock n Roll and too young to die. LOL

•••
Been my own boss since 1999 but also work in the education system (just in case).

Nice thread RJ.
ST

•••
I started my first company back in 1997 (a software company), then a web hosting firm in 1998, a consulting firm in 2000, and a domain speculation firm in 2002!

•••
G'Day I have been working online since Sept 1996 and
have been self employed in various enterprises since 1990

•••
Been self employed since 2001 when I started using the internet. I really didn't get into money making until this year.

•••
My name is Jeff, and I have a Namepros Addiction™. :D

My "boss" is very lenient ... and he's a cool dude! Been that way since 1994, with a couple of "puddle jumps" and consulting work in between. I, too, have sold off bits and pieces along the way, and enjoy watching MSNBC in my boxer shorts and sometimes I even get crazy with a chocolate milk at Noontime. I am 38 years old, and appreciate all you friends for all of your hard efforts and very kind assistance here on YOUR domain site. Truly.
B-)

•••
Jeff: Your 38 and a NamePros Addict...isn't it about time you grew up?
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

I'm a little older and am showing signs of an addiction myself.
HELP!

ST

•••
Never, Coastalguy! :laugh:

:notme:

Keep 'em coming, friends!

•••
i'm owais, have been doing websites since 98, started out with a website promotion website and have now developed great sites with my great partner ruffeh. Have officially launched my own company since february 2003 and employ 3 people.

•••
There are many business veterans on NamePros!
This would really be a great place to discuss about potential business ideas too!!

My name is Joseph and I am studying at the University of Toronto at the moment!

•••
:hi:

My name is Rico (DOH??)
23 years old.
I am self-empleyed since 2000 in the taxi and courier branche.
Since I am lots of time behind my computer picking up the phone and put my employees to work, there is still some time for my hobby/business domaining!

•••
nice thread:)

i started on the communications world in 94 being a SysOp of a BBS. Remember them?:)
in 95 i developed my first site to a client and in 97 i launched my first site.
i started my business last year and now for the first time i´m testing the launch of a group of sites in the english market.

•••
Allergic to the Corporate world

I 'm like the guy in the commercial with the sticky notes in his brain too many ideas for the corporate (just do as I say) world.

BuZZZ no match there LOL

Entrepreneurialsm keeps calling (loudly most times)

Passion for computers (since 1979) has driven me to create multiple computer related business. Also have a passion for CPS (Cheap plastic stuff) as in the promotional products world.

Currently I own the worlds best Events only Search Engine FindaSeminar.com. If anyone takes training I strongly encourage you to use our one-stop seminar and training shopping tool http://www.findaseminar.com

I also own DomainsAvailableNow.com where I list my 280 domain names for sale.

I also own Premium Enterprises and I encourage anyone needing advertising or promotional items for their own entrepreneurial ventures to send me a PM

I am the President of the Online Business Ethics Association http://www.obea.biz (we could always use more member ethical business firms)

As you can see I take entrepreneurialism very seriously as I am sure that many of you do.

Gotta chime in on the boxer thing. I was talking to my business associate the other day and realized that here I was standing in my boxers in my home office at 10:00 A.M. Try that on in the corporate world LOL

Heres to ideas, personal and financial freedom (or the pursuit of them) and to all entrepreneurs who are the fabric of society.

Scott

•••
Hi, my name's Apollo. I'm 35, and I'm an internet addict. Been that way since 2000 when I quit a nice infosec job at a major international bank, which unfortunately thought nothing of making me work like a dog ensuring that LUSERS don't write down their passwords where I can find them.

I had to find an excuse to be logged in all the time, so I set up first an ISP, then an NSP, then a bunch of small websites. I was fortunate to be profitable within a few months. All my work is done from home, at whatever hours I want to keep, and actually worked buck-naked once or twice, which I think runs against the tenets of my former employer's inch-thick Employee Handbook.

I have a shelf full of half-read computer books, but I think I just may die an old man without becoming a real hardcore programmer. Instead I am happy to be a computer jack-of-all-trades, master of none. :gl:

•••
Benn self employed since 2000 and couldn't imagine it any other way!

•••
Hello, my name is Josh Pierce.

I have been semi-self employed since June , 2002 - but have only been profitable since April 2003. Since then, we have grown by leaps and bounds. My "business" is an onlne image hosting site: MyImgs.com / HostMySig.com.

I have ventured into other hosting avenues before launching MyImgs.com, but have never really survived in those areas. I have found my niche in the image hosting game with over 26,000 members since April 2003.

Someday, I hope to make nough from the site to become completely and freely self-employed.

•••
ah I forgot to mention, I'm currently studying computer engineering at the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee :)

•••
Originally posted by Josh
Hello, my name is Josh Pierce.

I have been semi-self employed since June , 2002 - but have only been profitable since April 2003. Since then, we have grown by leaps and bounds. My "business" is an onlne image hosting site: MyImgs.com / HostMySig.com.

I have ventured into other hosting avenues before launching MyImgs.com, but have never really survived in those areas. I have found my niche in the image hosting game with over 26,000 members since April 2003.

Someday, I hope to make nough from the site to become completely and freely self-employed.

heh i've used hostmysig.com before :)

•••
My name is Gary and I own Custom Business Solutions. I worked full time for 1 year and on the one year anniversary I handing in my resignation letter. I have been in business since 2001 and growing very strong. I have an office in Myrtle Beach and Central Florida. If you need any marketing/advertising services, we development, or hosting please feel free to contact me.

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
...and enjoy watching MSNBC in my boxer shorts...
B-)

Originally posted by DomainsAvailableNow
Gotta chime in on the boxer thing. I was talking to my business associate the other day and realized that here I was standing in my boxers in my home office at 10:00 A.M. Try that on in the corporate world LOL
Scott

Aren't we all glad Video Phones never caught on! Would scare the customers away for sure. ;)

:notme:

PS: I will chime in about myself as soon as I wake up.

•••
lol...

Nice thread AND posts folks. Entertaining yet somewhat Informative.

Welp, My Names Matt. I live in England. Met my wife online back in 95, got married to her in 97. Set up a InfoSource company in London which went well for 1 year, then went pearshaped as the big players with several million jumped into my market. Lost a couple of contracts and went to work for an ISP in Leeds. They floated, went tits up and I've hopped around the mobile comms and IT sector for last couple of years. Now, I've re-defined my previous company and put out SY4.com :)

We do some contract design, builds, development, advising and such. doesnt really pay the bills, so have to go get a simple little 9-5 to cover the bills until I convince one of you guys to buy me out ;) lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back