NameSilo

Sav Lock 70 domain Issues - Warning

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tamannawd

Impact
Sav Lock my 70 domain

We are a domain hosting small business owner. we selling domain from Sav,Com all my domain domain are from individual user some are business domain very important.

they saying :

Dear Registrant,

Thank you for choosing Sav.com for your domain name needs.

Following a thorough review of your domain portfolio and the associated abuse reports, we have assessed that your account poses a high risk. Consequently, we have disabled your domains and locked your account. Please note that this decision is final and will not be reversed.

Thank you for your understanding.

I am not sure but 1-2 customer can be make illegal site
but why they block all 70 domain instance of affected domain ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello Again. We want to introduce everyone to a new NamePros user and partner of ours, @CleanDNS . For the last 3 years, Sav has worked with the team at @CleanDNS to review and process all domain abuse reports, work with registrants regarding abuse and to prevent abuse by disabling domains as accounts as needed. You can read more about recent actions taken here: https://cleandns.com/sav-com-and-cleandns-tackle-domain-name-abuse-at-an-unprecedented-scale/

If you want to know the exact details on why an account or domain was disabled and, you are the holder of the account, you can now DM CleanDNS directly from within NamePros and they can share that information.

Just a reminder that while we are actively working on one, Sav does not have a reseller program and each user is directly responsible for abuse on any of their domains.
You're essentially saying that it wasn't Sav that made the mistake, and you're hiding behind an external company that you hired to handle abuse.

I advise others not to send DMs to the mentioned account of the hired company. Sav remains responsible for handling these issues, including communication with its own customers at all times.

•••
Hello Again. We want to introduce everyone to a new NamePros user and partner of ours, @CleanDNS . For the last 3 years, Sav has worked with the team at @CleanDNS to review and process all domain abuse reports, work with registrants regarding abuse and to prevent abuse by disabling domains as accounts as needed. You can read more about recent actions taken here: ...
I think my domain are not abuse or anything related that type maximum are .org and Gov verified website domain we can issue you document what you need . So I mail Safety Team 6 day gone no replay coming !!!

•••
correct me if wrong but when u buy or reg domains dont they come with past histories... it's not like things reset themselves from abuse spam etc after we buy or reg? meaning that if say u buy name 3year ago and it had bad history before but maybe was on register where they have easier filters than sav and cleandns.. so it wasn't picked up .. but u put it on sav and suddenly filters catch it... but that has nothing to do with u abusing it. p.s. anyone knows which registrars cleandns is hired by aside from sav?

•••
I think my domain are not abuse or anything related that type maximum are .org and Gov verified website domain we can issue you document what you need . So I mail Safety Team 6 day gone no replay coming !!!
I would be happy to investigate further. Can you please DM me the details? -Chad

•••
Last edited:
•••
correct me if wrong but when u buy or reg domains dont they come with past histories... it's not like things reset themselves from abuse spam etc after we buy or reg? meaning that if say u buy name 3year ago and it had bad history before but maybe was on register where they have easier filters than sav and cleandns.. so it wasn't picked up .. but u put it on sav and suddenly filters catch it... but that has nothing to do with u abusing it. p.s. anyone knows which registrars cleandns is hired by aside from sav?

Yes, domains come with histories that new owners may be unaware of. Those histories sometimes develop right before the new owner takes possession of the domain. As we do not always have account data depending upon where the domain came from, we investigate each report by hand and reach out to registrants to proactively help them resolve the issue first. Unfortunately, many registrants never respond back to us. When that is the case and we receive multiple verified complaints on multiple domains, we may take action to disable the account or domain as we do not want to let the abuse continue.

I am more than willing to investigate anyone who thinks this is the case for their account. You can DM me here or at [email protected] and mention this thread.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, domains come with histories that new owners may be unaware of. Those histories sometimes develop right before the new owner takes possession of the domain. As we do not always have account data depending upon where the domain came from, we investigate each report by hand and reach out to registrants to proactively help them resolve the issue first. Unfortunately, many registrants never respond back to us. When that is the case and we receive multiple verified complaints on multiple domains, we may take action to disable the account or domain as we do not want to let the abuse continue.

I am more than willing to investigate anyone who thinks this is the case for their account. You can DM me here or at [email protected] and mention this thread.

ok tnx.. I do not follow all threads on this so can u explain briefly why there was this sudden wave or many names and accounts flagged at basically same time... imean have u implemented stricter filters or what? I mean it's not like sav hired u a week ago so that's not the reason. also can u clarify why many were reinstated ..does it mean a bug from u or sav or both or what? and if so then did anyone take measures to avoid such bug or mistake in future... ty

•••
ok tnx.. I do not follow all threads on this so can u explain briefly why there was this sudden wave or many names and accounts flagged at basically same time... imean have u implemented stricter filters or what? I mean it's not like sav hired u a week ago so that's not the reason. also can u clarify why many were reinstated ..does it mean a bug from u or sav or both or what? and if so then did anyone take measures to avoid such bug or mistake in future... ty
We have worked with Sav for several years. Historically, we were reviewing on a domain-by-domain basis. This was ineffective as the registrant would just create new domains that would repeat abuses and we would act against those domains. We since jointly developed tools and methods that allowed us to look at the whole account to assess what happened. The tools simply gave us a bigger picture than what we were previously dealing with.

Reinstated accounts have verified abuse reports to support the actions initially taken. When we began receiving appeals, we received additional information from account holders allowed us to reasonably believe that the abuse was mitigated. To be clear, the accounts still had abuse taking which violated Sav’s policies. It was not a bug.

Regarding the future: we are implementing these policies and tools in real time going forward. This was a one time action.

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back