IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
A smaller sale from earlier this month that I forgot about.

Hasty.io -- $700 -- Inbound/GoDaddy "Make Offer" -- Reg'd 10/31/17

•••
TwentyEight.net
Sale Price: $350
Venue: Afternic BIN
Hand registered few months back
ROI: 2000%

•••
•••
•••
Seller: Me
Asking price: $495
Sale price: $495 - $20 (Escrow Fee) = $475
Purchase venue: Hand Reg (July 2017)
Purchase price: $8.89
Details: Buyer initiate Escrow.com transaction via Bodis landing page.

I just realized that I leave so much money on the table.
Current Whois Info showed that the current owner is Bouygues Telecom, a French company with 1.1 B yearly revenue (Source: Zoominfo). It should've sold for mid $x,xxx or low $xx,xxx or more.

And apparently, they just registered the .net a week before the sale.
If only there is a tool to monitor & give notification of other extension registration of our domains, like I ask in this thread before, that would be a killer app for any domainers. At least I could have increase the price after knowing who were registered the another extension.

NB: They're using a french IP (Intelectual Property) Expertise company (showed on the escrow transaction) as broker, so I don't really know the real buyer after the whois changed.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Domain Name: TokenLists/com
Sale Venue: NameCape.com
Sale Type: BIN
Sale Price: $2399
Sale Date: May 22, 2018
Commission paid: 0
Purchase/holding cost: $8.89 (hand reg. Dec., 2017)
Hold time: 6 months

Details: Buyer initiate Escrow.com transaction via NameCape.com landing page. Service fees paid by buyer.

!tokenlists-com-escrow1.png

Last edited:
•••
A/t/m/o/s/p/h/e/r/e [.] tv
Sold for $5000 on Undeveloped
Listed for $15,000, buyer offered $3000, agreed on $5000 after some back and forth
Handreg (or maybe bought on NP for cheap) in 2010, I think
About $4300 net after renewals, etc

Interestingly, I just ran it through Namejet auctions last month without a nibble. Lucky for me :xf.smile:

Are you open to reporting this to DN Journal?

•••
Medal (.me)
Venue/Price: Undeveloped for $250
Purchased: $17.99

•••
How did you transferred to another registrar (to new owner - buyer) after 25th May GDPR? How escrow service checked and accepted it?

•••
How did you transferred to another registrar (to new owner - buyer) after 25th May GDPR? How escrow service checked and accepted it?

Registrar confirms it.
Buyer confirms it.

•••
•••
How to receive an approval email?
from 25th there is no approval mail . Once transfer is initiated , then you will get the transfer confirmation mail from your current registrar(not from gaining registrar) . Once you confirm or approve the transfer , your domain name gets transferred within next 5 days .

If you have already initiated the transfer before 24 and waiting for confirmation mail then cancel the transfer and re-initiate the transfer again as you will not receive any confirmation mail after 24th ...

I had the same issue , so i cancelled and re-initiated the transfer and now everything is fine

Hope that helps

Last edited:
•••
O r e (.world)
Venue: Afternic
Price: $250, BIN
Hand reg: $3.99
Date reg.: 14 May 2018
Hold time: 2 weeks

•••
AllianceInsuranceServices in king
Bought on 12/08/2017 for $8.99
Sold on 30/05/2018 for $350
Venue: Namesilo
Net profit : $323.75

•••
bitcoin..payment..services...net

350$....sedo make offr
2017 handreg

•••
bitcoin..payment..services...net

350$....sedo make offr
2017 handreg
Congratulations.
But the registration date on whois says 21/02/2018. Can you explain?

•••
Congratulations.
But the registration date on whois says 21/02/2018. Can you explain?

yes sorry typo.. this one was supposed to say 2018.

thanks for correction.

•••
Domain: MyVI.com
Sold: May 20, 2018
Price: $3,500
Venue: sold 2 days after doing outbound - transacted it through my registrar NameSilo for $262.50
Had maybe 6 to 8 people on Namepros and other offer $450 or less for it over the past month
Payout wired into my bank already
Domain has been in my portfolio since handreg back in 2002

•••
Domain: MyVI.com
Sold: May 20, 2018
Price: $3,500
Venue: sold 2 days after doing outbound - transacted it through my registrar NameSilo for $262.50
Had maybe 6 to 8 people on Namepros and other offer $450 or less for it over the past month
Payout wired into my bank already
Domain has been in my portfolio since handreg back in 2002

hi, since you did the outbound, what is the company/niche this is going to?

things can get beyond confusing with the letters... i vs l
your domain is myvi as per bb page it goes to, from what I saw. correct?
if so.. then I'm thinking maybe some virtual reality related company? for vi=virtual

thanks

Last edited:
•••
Some sales over last couple of months:

techtonic dot co ... $3.5k

Sold via inbound email
Handreg in March 2018

meraki dot co ... $3k
Sold via Make Offer, Sedo
Handreg in Jan 2018

redsquare dot co ... $2370
Handreg in Jan 2018

abey dot co ... $1250
Handreg in Jul 2017 ($4 coupon)

gaff dot co ... $450

mindbodysoul dot co ... $400

alcyone dot co ... $390
Sold via inbound email
Handreg in March 2018

You can ignore the ROI on the individual sales above because it's misleading. I've been running a .CO hand-regs portfolio on the side for about a year now. I'm still spending circa $1.5k/month on expiring/deletes and it's making 2.5x that on average. My time investment is around 1 to 2 hours per day. The sell-through rate on the portfolio averages around 2% of inventory.

I'll try to write up a summary of the experiment in more detail within the coming weeks. I'm not advocating for it to be replicated as a formula, but just as something to learn from. There is no magic or secret sauce - just trial and error... plus a tiny bit of brute force with the numbers.

If you haven't read it already, please check out the thread linked below:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/almost-a-decade-of-domaining.1056328/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back