Dynadot

Poll: Will you participate in the Afternic Boost program?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Will you participate in the Afternic Boost program?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Future Sensors

78% of human domainers will be replaced by robotsTop Member
Impact
Afternic was thrilled to announce their new Afternic Boost program.

Afternic Sellers have been automatically opted-in to the program, but you can choose to opt-out if you prefer.

In this Poll, Afternic Sellers can indicate whether they will remain opted in, or if they have opted out of the program.

Members’ choices in this poll will be visible to everyone.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So does this mean that all my names that are currently marked as Fast Transfer (nearly all 6,000), are really not Fast Transfer? They've taken this away without really telling us they are taking it away?
There is no change to the Fast Transfer network. Boosted domain names that are Fast Transfer-enabled will receive this extra badge for exact-match searches.

•••
There is no change to the Fast Transfer network. Boosted domain names that are Fast Transfer-enabled will receive this extra badge for exact-match searches.
Your explanation to buyers visiting GoDaddy differs and may cause confusion.

How will you communicate that domains with a Boost opt-out, but still Fast Transfer-enabled, will indeed Fast Transfer?

•••
Thanks for the prompt answer.

•••

How will you communicate that domains with a Boost opt-out, but still Fast Transfer-enabled, will indeed Fast Transfer?
An answer to that will require some tricky language. LOL.

•••
An answer to that will require some tricky language. LOL.
Here is an earlier discussion about the “Verified Domain” badge from when Afternic was still testing these features.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/afternic-official-thread.1295231/page-33#post-9092364

Now that the test phase is over, it is unacceptable for the mouse-over on the “Verified Domain” badge to indicate that the domain is Fast Transfer-enabled, while other domains that are also Fast Transfer-enabled do not receive the “Verified Domain” badge.

Please fix @GoDaddy

Last edited:
•••
Here is an earlier discussion about the “Verified Domain” badge from when Afternic was still testing these features.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/afternic-official-thread.1295231/page-33#post-9092364

Now that the test phase is over, it is unacceptable for the mouse-over on the “Verified Domain” badge to indicate that the domain is Fast Transfer-enabled, while other domains that are also Fast Transfer-enabled do not receive the “Verified Domain” badge.

Please fix @GoDaddy

+1 to that!

Thanks for the link to that thread. I saw on there that several people asked Godaddy what does Verified actually mean. I searched for Godaddy's answer, but unless I missed it it seems they never answered the question. There is no answer other than it's marketing trickery.

•••

I guess they need yet another badge.

bonkers.jpg

•••
Do we have anyone here who is
1) BOOST Enabled
2) Has a domain with a BIN, but the domain name is not Fast Transfer enabled?

I would like to know what shows for that domain name when typed in GoDaddy Search (exact match)

•••
1) BOOST Enabled

I would like to know what shows for that domain name when typed in GoDaddy Search (exact match)
@equity78 could you try this with a few of yours if possible?

•••
what does Verified actually mean
Hi

the question to ask now is...

what does not being verified mean?

in a side-by-side comparison from a buyer's perspective,
both have been listed for 5 years, one has Verified badge and other does not.
which domain are they more likely to choose?

imo...

•••
1) BOOST Enabled

I have Boost enabled. On the .com domains of mine that I checked that are not Fast Transfer enabled, it returned the name as the top result when searching for the specific keyword+keyword without extension. It showed the premium domain badge but without the diamond on it. It did not show the verified badge.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Thanks for this info @boziffous

Does anyone know what the diamond means?
With boost and Fast Transfer enabled this is what I see on my domains at GoDaddy.
1725478011716.png

With boost on but Fast Transfer is not enabled this is what I see at GoDaddy on my domains.
1725478136331.png

•••
•••
With boost and Fast Transfer enabled this is what I see on my domains at GoDaddy.
Show attachment 262229

With boost on but Fast Transfer is not enabled this is what I see at GoDaddy on my domains.
Show attachment 262230
This is how they advertised it: "“Verified” badges on exact-match searches for Fast Transfer domains". But I really don't understand why they would want to make a non-FT name not be Verified. But then again, I still have no idea what verified actually means.

•••
•••
Before implementation of Boost and even after opting out, my 4 year old FT enabled domain does not show Verified Badge but only Premium Domain with no Diamond. This feels like some kid board games.

•••
I hope that some of those who stayed in with Boost and plan to check how their names are appearing will share some data with us. I am particularly interested in things like:
  • If you have a FT .com that is a slight change from a term (e.g. plural/singular, US/UK spelling, different word form like an ing or ed) does that appear in suggested list when the nonexact term is searched.
  • Do similar words appear - e.g. I search some term in bike, but you have term listed with bicycle or cycle, does that appear.
  • Are non FT popular extensions really appearing in search results. e.g. when you search EXAMPLE (no TLD) does EXAMPLE.me, EXAMPLE.ly, EXAMPLE.co, EXAMPLE.ai, etc. show up when listed.
Thanks for any insights.

Bob

•••
There's always an acceptance process and questioning of new features, but I'm happy to see this. Because at least it's nice to see that the industry isn't dead in the water.

•••
I hope that some of those who stayed in with Boost and plan to check how their names are appearing will share some data with us. I am particularly interested in things like:
  • If you have a FT .com that is a slight change from a term (e.g. plural/singular, US/UK spelling, different word form like an ing or ed) does that appear in suggested list when the nonexact term is searched.
  • Do similar words appear - e.g. I search some term in bike, but you have term listed with bicycle or cycle, does that appear.
  • Are non FT popular extensions really appearing in search results. e.g. when you search EXAMPLE (no TLD) does EXAMPLE.me, EXAMPLE.ly, EXAMPLE.co, EXAMPLE.ai, etc. show up when listed.
Thanks for any insights.

Bob

These are exactly the answers I'd like to know as well. Looking forward to hearing them from some helpful opted in NPers

•••
There's always an acceptance process and questioning of new features, but I'm happy to see this. Because at least it's nice to see that the industry isn't dead in the water.
The domain ecosystem seems far from dead, but i'm not sure how this Boost drama is evidence of anything positive for it?

Just seems to represent the domination that a few marketplaces have over the community whereby they can take 30% of your sales and expect it to be accepted or embraced!

•••
I think the Boost service helps some portfolios more than others. So it would depend on what type of names you have.

I am in the USA -- so I can only speculate about English dictionary types of names

If you have .COM and correct spelling dictionary words (or common abbreviations such as Tech or Temp), you can actually enter these into the GoDaddy search as separate words (with a space between) and your names will pop up if they match. I tried this on a few of my names just now.

So for me, Boost would not really help me at all (maybe the Verified badge and diamond logo), as the names I have are mostly .COM combinations of dictionary words.

But if you have alternate extensions, and mostly brandables, then perhaps Boost might help you sell more?

•••
I think the Boost service helps some portfolios more than others. So it would depend on what type of names you have.

I am in the USA -- so I can only speculate about English dictionary types of names

If you have .COM and correct spelling dictionary words (or common abbreviations such as Tech or Temp), you can actually enter these into the GoDaddy search as separate words (with a space between) and your names will pop up if they match. I tried this on a few of my names just now.

So for me, Boost would not really help me at all (maybe the Verified badge and diamond logo), as the names I have are mostly .COM combinations of dictionary words.

But if you have alternate extensions, and mostly brandables, then perhaps Boost might help you sell more?

Interesting take. I was thinking just the opposite. My names are mostly brandables and that seems the sort of name that would not appear via this Boost program. it takes a good Ai "eye" to be able to see the similarity between a typed phrase and a brandable.

•••
Interesting take. I was thinking just the opposite. My names are mostly brandables and that seems the sort of name that would not appear via this Boost program. it takes a good Ai "eye" to be able to see the similarity between a typed phrase and a brandable.
Good point on the brandables -- maybe Boost doesn't really help them as much? So what does Boost help with? non .com names? And show special "badges"?

•••
Good point on the brandables -- maybe Boost doesn't really help them as much? So what does Boost help with? non .com names? And show special "badges"?

I think it helps with

1-exact match keywords in alternate TLDs
2-names with exact match keywords+xxxxxx that may or may not be similar to the initial keyword typed.

#2 above is a type of brandable but not the only type of brandable. Etsy, Ebay, Thorlo, etc (4L, 5L, 6L,) are other types of brandables where boost won't help (imo). Since boost only shows a handful of keyword+xxxxx names the odds of your name being shown (and appropriately being shown) are very very low (imo)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back