Need Ideas On How To Promote Local Business

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DSL

Established Member
Impact
It is a .com company so I need some ideas. :laugh:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Originally posted by DSL
It is a .com company so I need some ideas. :laugh:

Promote YOUR ".com" business locally? :o

•••
Advertise in local papers or neighborhood newsletters. Maybe even post flyers in local shops.

•••
Local Yellow Pages (consider multiple category listings and even a line/ad with color) and your Chamber of Commerce.
See if there's a "Community Business Directory" in addition ... on the internet.
B-)

•••
I would personally approach potential buyers with relevant information without making them annoyed. (This would require more research into the market you are targetted at.) Good luck!!

•••
Hope my business does well.

Last edited:
•••
Quick Tip - I set up an online market research survey and printed up grid squares on a4 paper with the company logo, web address, and the words 'Take The Survey' underneath it all. I got my friends to sit and cut them up into squares about half the size of a business card. From this, we all stuck them in our wallets and every time we paid a bill in a restaurant, bar, supermarket etc, we would 'accidently' drop them. From this effectively free marketing, we generated close on 1500 results for the survey.

Cheeky but subtle and effective

•••
Originally posted by DSL
Hope my business does well.

Don't we all...

•••
Next time little league starts up, how about sponsoring a team? It costs around $300 and may help establish your name locally. It's great fun too.

By far the best way to get local exposure though is to get an article in your local newspaper. Even if you are a .com company, it would still be of local interest if you're from the area. To get attention, you'll need to write a press release about your business to send to the paper.

•••
Radio. Newspaper. Internet (forums, ads) Sponser local teams/events.

Do some more research into your local competition and desire for the product.

•••
Whenever you see your competitor advertise on local television use their URL address as a keyword in your google.com AdWords advertising. :guilty:

I've gotten up to a 50% click-through rate doing this!

•••
local radio stations or tv stations has my vote

•••
Originally posted by painperdu
Whenever you see your competitor advertise on local television use their URL address as a keyword in your google.com AdWords advertising. :guilty:

LMAO!

•••
Originally posted by bensontwenty
Quick Tip - I set up an online market research survey and printed up grid squares on a4 paper with the company logo, web address, and the words 'Take The Survey' underneath it all. I got my friends to sit and cut them up into squares about half the size of a business card. From this, we all stuck them in our wallets and every time we paid a bill in a restaurant, bar, supermarket etc, we would 'accidently' drop them. From this effectively free marketing, we generated close on 1500 results for the survey.

Cheeky but subtle and effective
Originally posted by hilljd00
Radio. Newspaper. Internet (forums, ads) Sponser local teams/events.

Do some more research into your local competition and desire for the product.
Originally posted by Elefekt
local radio stations or tv stations has my vote

what cool ideas! picking them up and keeping them in my
memory back. thanks.

supermarket boards, sponsor local church events

offer prizes with your.com on it.

B-)

Last edited:
•••
Put your Domain/Logo on your Car ( Vinyle Decal )

•••
Originally posted by painperdu

what a neat dirty trick. is it legit?????

:gn:

•••
Didnt I read somewhere where a Company was going after AdSense because they allowed another company to use their slogan/name as a keyword?

Its very dirty to me....

•••
never heard that but seems dirty to me too

•••
I'm in the process of making a deal with a local pizza place that passes out flyers on a regular basis.

I happened to notice that this particular pizza delivery company uses generic pizza boxes without any advertising whatsoever. Of course like the brilliant™ web promoter that I am, light bulbs started flashing in my <head> tag. I thought to myself that these people could really use a website to add more value to those menu flyers they hand out each week. So, I offered to build and host for them a website in exchange for allowing me to advertise on their flyers and pizza boxes; they quickly accepted without hesiatation.

I'd strongly suggest seeking out similar situations in your locale.

•••
•••
Very Cool. Too bad hawaii doesnt have those middle class business' all we got are the big boys and the small business. Ill keep a look out and copy your BRILLIANT IDEA!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back