NameSilo

question Looking for new email provider

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am currently with GoDaddy for my business email (using their Microsoft Essentials plan). Through this I have access to set up an email with [email protected] and it allows me to use my business email for all things related to my business. I can access it via WebMail and also set it up on my Macbook so it drops into Apple Mail (by setting up a Microsoft Exchange acct). Of primary importance is the ability to get my mail within the Apple Mail program (not access it via WebMail).

Unfortunately GoDaddy continues to raise not only domain renewal prices but also Microsoft Exchange prices so I want to move providers? Where should I go?

I like Dynadot (as a registrar) but their email seems to offer only 1 GB (which is low). GD offers 10 GB.
Porkbun is fine for registrars but I wonder if they are professional enough and will last long enough for their 10GB $24 p/yr program to work.

Any suggestions would be most welcome. (and note - I do zero outbound and am not a techie so I need an easy hosted solution and not some server farm).

Screenshot 2024-06-23 at 6.22.52 AM.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am using Google suite Gmail for over a decade and it's great. Simple and keeps the spam away.

•••
I am using Google suite Gmail for over a decade and it's great. Simple and keeps the spam away.

$72 p/yr is high, no? But assuming I'm willing to pay that for the security and uptime of Google - does the 30GB limit pool among my personal gmail and the Business Starter email account?

Also the starter account says it does not come with migration tools. How do I migrate my current emails over from Microsoft Exchange?

Last edited:
•••
$72 p/yr is high, no? But assuming I'm willing to pay that for the security and uptime of Google - does the 30GB limit pool among my personal gmail and the Business Starter email account?
It was free a decade ago and still free for me. I just have to pay for my domain name. And that domain is my actual name :)

Also, their current storage limit is enough for me. You normally cant send 25 MB or more attachment via a single email.

Look for discount. Web hosting/registrars usually have G-suit discounts if I am correct.

Last edited:
•••
It was free a decade ago and still free for me. I just have to pay for my domain name. And that domain is my actual name :)

Also, their current storage limit is enough for me. You normally cant send 25 MB or more attachment via a single email.

Look for discount. Web hosting/registrars usually have G-suit discounts if I am correct.

Seems NameCheap uses Google Workspace but same price, $72 p/yr.

https://www.namecheap.com/support/k...34/google-workspace-signup-and-mailbox-setup/

I would prefer a cheaper solution.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back