Domain Empire

warning irmahurricane.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just wanted to warn everyone regarding a fraudulent website.

I was searching about domains registered regarding the currently active hurricane Irma and see what websites come up.

So someone apparently registered irmahurricane.com not just only to get the traffic but also to steal money from people who honestly want to help victims.

If you visit the website there is no info about who owns it but just a few pictures of hurricanes and then a PayPal donation link at the bottom.

The PayPal email when you hit the donate button is [email protected]

The owner seems to be an Indian person with no relation whatsoever with any organizations helping victims.

Is there any way godaddy can take down the website since the domain is registered there?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why is, most people here convicting him without proof of intent to deceive? Granted, accepting funds directly is not the best way to raise funds for charity. It could be, he can track the number of responses. He would not have made his profile and contacts so obvious if he wanted to defraud anyone. He should well know, conviction to defraud will get him a lengthy prison sentence.

Unrelated, but taking stock of how the laws operate in the domaining world - Domainers are a special breed indeed. When they receive unsolicited pm, emails, it's spam; but, when they send it, it's outbound marketing.

Now, some smartypants will have an opinion on my observations as well. So, fire away.

Last edited:
•••
He really do have good intentions :D the donation button has been replaced to https://www.crowdrise.com/help-hurricane-irma-victims/fundraiser/shivmadari he also donate 100$ by himself.

Good intentions would be a direct link to the American Red Cross Hurricane Irma donation page - https://www.redcross.org/donate/hurricane-irma-donations

That's more likely to get a donation (direct), than some fundraiser thru CrowdRise, from somebody nobody knows, who may or may not actually donate the money raised.

Last edited:
•••
"Sh*t just got real!"

gonna get popcorn. brb! :hungry::smuggrin::woot::xf.wink:

•••
Scammers 2 .jpg

•••
Why is, most people here convicting him without proof of intent to deceive? Granted, accepting funds directly is not the best way to raise funds for charity

You answered your own question

•••
You answered your own question
No Sir! I did not. It does not give you or anyone to determine guilt without proof. Ever heard of - Innocent until proven guilty?

•••
•••
share your proof,then we believe you,or i will personally make your post viral and classified as a scam.

•••
you have 5 hours to shares proofs.
I dont like this kind of website,doesnt even show legal pages

•••
@leadnetwork
Let's not make personal threats plz.
Many of us are going thru proper channels.
Thank you

•••
He would not have made his profile and contacts so obvious if he wanted to defraud anyone. He should well know, conviction to defraud will get him a lengthy prison sentence.

Uh he didn't realize it was public until he probably googled his own domain "Irmahurricane.com" and the link to NamePros thread appeared second on google. After noticing his info was public, he quickly purchased Privacy. But it's too late... many screen shots already taken and posted on here.

So does that looks like the actions of an innocent person? You decide cuz I am just expressing the facts.

Why is, most people here convicting him without proof of intent to deceive? Granted, accepting funds directly is not the best way to raise funds for charity. It could be, he can track the number of responses. He would not have made his profile and contacts so obvious if he wanted to defraud anyone. He should well know, conviction to defraud will get him a lengthy prison sentence.

Unrelated, but taking stock of how the laws operate in the domaining world - Domainers are a special breed indeed. When they receive unsolicited pm, emails, it's spam; but, when they send it, it's outbound marketing.

Now, some smartypants will have an opinion on my observations as well. So, fire away.

•••
•••
Uh he didn't realize it was public until he probably googled his own domain "Irmahurricane.com" and the link to NamePros thread appeared second on google. After noticing his info was public, he quickly purchased Privacy. But it's too late... many screen shots already taken and posted on here.

So does that looks like the actions of an innocent person? You decide cuz I am just expressing the facts.

Yes, what you said could be true too. Perhaps he changed to privacy after NP members posted his info publicly. I am not defending him one bit. Sometimes things are not as simple as black and white. His background is I think, Engineering. I am sure he is net smart and web savvy to have known his info would be tracked. Maybe, its my nature to withhold judgment. Our actions have consequences too. :)

Last edited:
•••
See this article:
https://www.cisecurity.org/ms-isac/...t-actors-expected-to-leverage-hurricane-irma/

Snippet:
Cyber Alert: Cyber Threat Actors Expected to Leverage Hurricane Irma
Date Issued: Sept 8, 2017
Cyber threat actors (CTA) leverage public interest during natural disasters and other high profile events in order to conduct financial fraud and disseminate malware. We expect that this trend will continue with the emergence of new and recycled scams involving financial fraud and malware related to Hurricane Irma.

Malicious actors are likely to post links to fake charities and fraudulent websites that solicit donations for victims of the hurricane or deliver malware. MORE

•••
Just wanted to warn everyone regarding a fraudulent website.

I was searching about domains registered regarding the currently active hurricane Irma and see what websites come up.

So someone apparently registered irmahurricane.com not just only to get the traffic but also to steal money from people who honestly want to help victims.

If you visit the website there is no info about who owns it but just a few pictures of hurricanes and then a PayPal donation link at the bottom.

The PayPal email when you hit the donate button is [email protected]

The owner seems to be an Indian person with no relation whatsoever with any organizations helping victims.

Is there any way godaddy can take down the website since the domain is registered there?

Love this forum, thanks for sharing.

I will block this scammer on namepros. @ShivPrasad

•••
•••
I think he 'milked' it until people began to report the site. Which he then connected it to 'CrowdRise' and (donated $100 to make himself look like a good guy)

Up until the site was flagged and changes were made (removing his own personal PayPal) god only knows how much this scam artist pocketed for himself.

Disgraceful.

•••
@ShivPrasad Congrats you just made the Top 5 on scamPros.com HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Simpson bully kid.jpg

•••
Well, The way this guy has acted speaks much more than his words. His actions alone are enough for me to 'convict' him, IMO of course. It's times like this when the lowest of the low really do crawl out from under their rock, I am not at all surprised someone tried this as had it all gone smoothly he would have been five figures better off and probably patting himself on the back for a job well done. Scum.

The problem is, and I don't believe for a moment he forgot to hide his information, I think he was just a con artist who didn't realise that the internet is full of 'unofficial police' who will track the mofo down and expose him. His actions pre-exposure only serve to show what a good job the NP's family have done in bringing this to the attention of people who have a direct influence on his life. His employer. Good for you guys, I need no more convincing of his morals or intentions.

•••
if I were him I will donate all the money that i got from all ppl! and then sell that domain for 10k, 50% for me and 50% go to donation org! I think it's win win solution! :xf.grin:
Clinton foundation - CLINTONS (used for tax waiver and hide money)
TRUMPS - Cancer foundation (used for tax evasion , writeoffs, hide money)
New on the board - OBAMAS - Obama foundations (tax write offs)

Figure, why every rich person (99 percent) have charity foundations of their own. So I agree with you its biggest fraud scheme .

Also this sounds like a scam, but who knows his true intentions, i agree with @imc

Last edited:
•••
When concerning Charity the Things can be scams even with non Profits. The Problem is that you could run a non Profit, because the whole Profit goes to luxury cars salaries and luxury real estates, so the Outcome is the same as income and there are no Profits.. I remember one Story from US TV, where a woman had a charity organization and she was driving Aston Martin bought with charity funds. After exposure she admitted that 5% goes to charity and 95% into infrastructure. I believe there should be a law defining how much income should go to charity lets say 80%. But since a lot of politicians are involved around the globe this would never happen. Sorry a bit off Topic.

Last edited:
•••
Clinton foundation - CLINTONS (used for tax waiver and hide money)
TRUMPS - Cancer foundation (used for tax evasion , writeoffs, hide money)
New on the board - OBAMAS - Obama foundations (tax write offs)

Figure, why every rich person (99 percent) have charity foundations of their own. So I agree with you its biggest fraud scheme .

Also this sounds like a scam, but who knows his true intentions, i agree with @imc

After reading your thoughts, I had to change my mind. This day and age, no one is that ignorant of how one should conduct themselves to be charitable. It's also illegal to collect funds personally for a national disaster regardless of good intentions. On the flip side, the biggest scammers are the folks who milk money in the shortest amount of time holding high office. Besides running their mouth with good speeches, there's nothing much of consequence that they do.

We are the stupid ones. Holding a full time job and selling domains for a living.

•••
After reading your thoughts, I had to change my mind. This day and age, no one is that ignorant of how one should conduct themselves to be charitable. It's also illegal to collect funds personally for a national disaster regardless of good intentions. On the flip side, the biggest scammers are the folks who milk money in the shortest amount of time holding high office. Besides running their mouth with good speeches, there's nothing much of consequence that they do.

We are the stupid ones. Holding a full time job and selling domains for a living.

The biggest suckers of all time who bares all the cost ---- MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE.

Have you ever thought about this:

You just make enough money to not qualify for waiver for premium medical or for your kids. Example (hypothetical number)
1. Income limit for medical or some other benefit is (51,000) to have your kids covered for medical benefits. Guess what Sir you have just made 53,000 , So you do not qualify. LOL

2. Anyone or everyone who decides the future of middle class people - are Millionaires, (who never get to live a day as middle class, most who ever lived have forgotten)

3. Most of the american popular is middle class people. or also in the world for that matter. Most jokers who vote never think about this.

Anyhow @imc , all the best bud, time to get back to work again :) much regards to you.

•••
pitty on them.. good at stealing others hard earned money

•••

Did you read my post? His intentions are clear as midday:
IrmaHurricane.com before recent changes:
Show attachment 68432

Donate button led to his PayPal:
Show attachment 68433
Proof: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:irmahurricane.com

Code:
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="[email protected]"/>
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_donations"/>
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Weather Hurricane information - Irma"/>
Proof: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:irmahurricane.com&num=1&strip=0&vwsrc=1

The most condemning detail is that he put this for the item name of donations:

Weather Hurricane information - Irma

His donation website claims the money will be used to "help" but the PayPal item description he chose is for the "information" only, with no mention of helping.

Form your own opinion, but that is a clear indication of fraud, IMO.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back