NameSilo

Afternic-Dan lander. Payment from Afternic or Dan?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Leo2k

Established Member
Impact
If a domain is pointed to afternic and Dan lander is selected in afteric, when the domain sells the amount will be sent to us by Dan or Afternic?
If Dan, based on the payment settings we have configured in Dan?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If a domain is pointed to afternic and Dan lander is selected in afteric, when the domain sells the amount will be sent to us by Dan or Afternic?
If Dan, based on the payment settings we have configured in Dan?

Great question!

The answer from customer service was that Dan deals with the buyer's end, whereas Afternic handles the seller's side. So Afternic apparently handles the direct payment to the seller.

This makes sense, since Afternic with Dan Landers does not require a separate account with Dan. That is added convenience for the Afternic seller.

Last edited:
•••
Great question!

The answer from customer service was that Dan deals with the buyer's end, whereas Afternic handles the seller's side. So Afternic apparently handles the direct payment to the seller.

This makes sense, since Afternic with Dan Landers does not require a separate account with Dan. That is added convenience for the Afternic seller.
Thank you for the info.

•••
Have you actually tried them? And, if so, what do you think of these Afternic Dan Landers?

And, did you have any TLS issues with them? I've been seeing the "not secure" message lately with these landers. But, that could be my own browser and computer issues, but I did try clearing the cache without a change noted

Last edited:
•••
And, did you have any TLS issues with them? I've been seeing the "not secure" message lately with these landers. But, that could be my own browser and computer issues, but I did try clearing the cache without a change noted
Not yet tried. Will check and update you later.

•••
Not yet tried. Will check and update you later.
One issue is that you cannot specify how the domain name is capitalized. So, for example, if you have a "CityMed.com", it instead shows up as "citymed.com" This may seem minor, but being able to have each individual word in caps may help with a sale.

So, see how it compares to a direct Dan listing, if you want to test options out. Good luck!

•••
One issue is that you cannot specify how the domain name is capitalized. So, for example, if you have a "CityMed.com", it instead shows up as "citymed.com" This may seem minor, but being able to have each individual word in caps may help with a sale.

So, see how it compares to a direct Dan listing, if you want to test options out. Good luck!
I changed nameservers to Afternic and set Dan lander 2 hours back. I see the page loading fine but with First letter capitalised and I see the price I set on Dan and not the different price I set on Afternic.
Isn't 2 hours long enough? Is it still loading direct Dan

Or may be it's loading Afternic -Dan lander & it's working as it should?

•••
I changed nameservers to Afternic and set Dan lander 2 hours back. I see the page loading fine but with First letter capitalised and I see the price I set on Dan and not the different price I set on Afternic.
Isn't 2 hours long enough? Is it still loading direct Dan

Or may be it's loading Afternic -Dan lander & it's working as it should?
Hopefully one of our NP members has more experience with this, and can share some insight. What you're describing doesn't sound like the Afternic Dan landers propagated yet.

Did you try deleting one of the Dan direct listings, and then see if it propagates?
If all of your Dan direct listings are already verified ones, maybe they take priority?

My recollection is that there was a message on the Afternic panel indicating that the Dan lander change was pending. So you may want to wait and see even overnight, and then recheck then?

Again, hopefully one of our pros can comment here as well?

Last edited:
•••
Did you try deleting one of the Dan direct listings, and then see if it propagates?
If all of your Dan direct listings are already verified ones, maybe they take priority?

Again, hopefully one of our pros can comment here as well?
Yes, may be if the Dan listing is already there it loads what's configured in Dan and if there is no prior Dan listing it loads the Dan lander with Afternic configuration.
I checked again and still no change. Never seen any nameserver change taking a lot time and so it could be because the lander might take some time to propagate or it's loading fine and this is the way it works now.

Will wait for another 12 hours and check and if no change, I will delete the Dan listing and check again and update here.

Yes. Someone who has already tried this can give a better view of this.

•••
Yes, may be if the Dan listing is already there it loads what's configured in Dan and if there is no prior Dan listing it loads the Dan lander with Afternic configuration.
I checked again and still no change. Never seen any nameserver change taking a lot time and so it could be because the lander might take some time to propagate or it's loading fine and this is the way it works now.

Will wait for another 12 hours and check and if no change, I will delete the Dan listing and check again and update here.

Yes. Someone who has already tried this can give a better view of this.

Keep in mind that you may not want to eliminate many or even all of your current Dan listings in order to Do the Afternic Dan landers trial.

Also, @Bob Hawkes has been doing some interesting comparisons of how Dan and Squadhelp landers show up. You could consider seeing first how some of your current landers show up, and even see how they appear in the Google searches before and after the change.

The convenience of having Afternic handle the Dan landers needs to be weighed by the loss of being able to personalize them, have LTO, etc. What is unclear as well is how it affects the showing in Google searches and any TLS, ad-blocking, or other technical issues between these two options.

•••
I waited for a long time after seeing the nameservers to Afternic but it was showing the Dan lander (capital letter and configuration.

Removed the Dan listing and after refreshing the afternic configuration now it started to show Afternic - Dan lander.

Readded the domain to Dan and again it started to show Dan lander and not the Afternic-Dan lander.

So as long as the domain is listed in Dan it just shows the Dan configuration / lander & price instead of the Afternic- Dan lander and afternic price.

•••
. What is unclear as well is how it affects the showing in Google searches and any TLS, ad-blocking, or other technical issues between these two options.
Not sure about this part and the page was loading fine for me on both the setups.

•••
Both the images are when nameservers were Afternic, but one of them when the domain was listed on Dan and the other was when listing was removed.

Below pic : Domain not listed on Dan
Screenshot_20240519-184531~2.png

Below pic: When domain is also listed on Dan and Afternic-Dan landers configured.

Screenshot_20240519-183652~2.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240519-184531~2.png
    Screenshot_20240519-184531~2.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
•••
Both the images are when nameservers were Afternic, but one of them when the domain was listed on Dan and the other was when listing was removed.

Below pic : Domain not listed on Dan
Show attachment 256929

Below pic: When domain is also listed on Dan and Afternic-Dan landers configured.

Show attachment 256928
Looks good. It will be curious to see if the DNS rotation from Dan to Afternic ends up leadinng to some sales.
Note that I am still seeing some of my Afternic Dan landers showing the "not secure," while others show up fine. And still this is happening despite clearing the cache.
So, you may want to have some vigilance about that.

Good luck with the sales!

•••
Funny, both are GD's companies now ; ) Pointless exercise... ,

•••
Funny, both are GD's companies now ; ) Pointless exercise... ,
Will be useful if someone wants the Dan lander but payment from Afternic for any reason and when we want to change the landing page between Afternic and Dan without changing the nameservers back and forth. So it's good to have a better idea about the issues that we may face.

•••
Great question!

Thanks for confirming, @LoveCatchyDomains.

The idea of the Dan.com Lander option at Afternic is to provide Afternic sellers with access to the high-converting lander from within the Afternic system. Therefore, a Dan.com seller profile isn't required, or necessary for Afternic sellers.

For sellers, Afternic will handle the Transaction Assurance process and you'll receive a payout as usual through your Afternic payment settings.

•••
Thanks for confirming,

The idea of the Dan.com Lander option at Afternic is to provide Afternic sellers with access to the high-converting lander from within the Afternic system.

Hello, I can't find the BIN+Make offer option for Afternic Dan Lander. Which Dan actually provides.

Last edited:
•••
Hello, I can't find the BIN+Make offer option for Afternic Dan Lander. Which Dan actually provides.

At the present time, the Afternic Dan lander has to be BIN only.

Note though that you can still have your Afternic/GoDaddy marketplace listing still with BIN and Make Offer.

There was some confusion before about whether Afternic requires BIN only with no minimum or floor other than that one price. You still have that flexibility even if using the BIN Afternic Dan lander.

Last edited:
•••
Hi @Luca Giovanni
Right now, you can use the Dan.com Lander at Afternic to show Buy it Now and Lease to Own options. Afternic will be adding Make Offer functionality in 2024.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back