IT.COM

Was Paul Nicks fired? I just heard he was.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mbirks99

Impact
If so, Godaddy might be an option for me again.

Can someone here with good connections confirm what I’ve heard?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
LinkedIn says he's a President, you can't fire a President, you'd need to impeach him!

•••
@Chris Hydrick

You disagreed with the original poster. Can you dispell this rumor?

•••
@Chris Hydrick

You disagreed with the original poster. Can you dispell this rumor?

What rumors?

Just check @Paul Nicks twitter:

https://x.com/PaulENicks

Why would @Paul Nicks be retweeting GoDaddy stuff if he was just fired? C'mon now!

A random person (@Mbirks99) joins nP today to specifically post this thread without tagging @Paul Nicks. #PoorTaste

Screenshot_20240517-071850~2.png

There's clearly a greater motive here. I reported this thread as soon as I saw it.

If namePros mods and management allow this forum to become the center of drive by slander, I'm not sure I'm going to want to be apart of this forum for much longer.

With great page ranking, comes great responsibility.

Last edited:
•••
If so, Godaddy might be an option for me again.

Can someone here with good connections confirm what I’ve heard?
Nope, still very much here Mr. account created today. Sorry to burst your bubble

•••
Well...

@GoDaddy can just post that this is "nonsense" and then all debate will be done.

•••
•••
It is amazing how fast this thread hit Google.

•••
And it's great how quickly Paul Nicks and GoDaddy put that rumor to rest!

•••
Well...

@GoDaddy can just post that this is "nonsense" and all debate would be done

That's more my point. Rumors, sure let's debate.

But nonsense, why must nonsense be debated?

If that new account posted this on Twitter, nobody would see it. It would get lost in the millions of other tweets.

And it's great how quickly Paul Nicks and GoDaddy put that rumor to rest!

Yeah, but the real damage seed has been planted.

Innocent Packaging: Was Paul Nicks fired? I just heard that he was. 😇

Devilish Intent: If so, Godaddy might be an option for me again. 😈

Last edited:
•••
Good to hear Paul is here. (y)

Now it's an opportunity to have a long discussion about what needs to be fixed at GoDaddy LOL

•••
That's more my point. Rumors, sure let's debate.

But nonsense, why must nonsense be debated?

If that new account posted this on Twitter, nobody would see it. It would get lost in the millions of other tweets.

Yeah, but the real damage seed has been planted.

Innocent Packaging: Was Paul Nicks fired? I just heard that he was. 😇

Devilish Intent: If so, Godaddy might be an option for me again. 😈
It very much sounds like a personal vendetta to me.

•••
Kudos to any company that quashes a rumor like this within a matter of hours.

Perhaps it was a misunderstanding, and the quick response helped rectify matters.

Now it's an opportunity to have a long discussion about what needs to be fixed at GoDaddy LOL

So, now it's time to grill him on a few issues, eh?!

•••

My improvement idea, to trick out the Appraisal tool, got ignored 1 month ago - so I guess there is not much activity :)
KR
zotix

•••
Oh now its fixed :)
At least for my account :xf.cool::xf.grin:

•••
I think original poster and I deserve some apologies. Paul Nicks is no longer on the Senior leadership page - no longer president DRI.

Shame on you @Paul Nicks for not being forthcoming when this thread broke out. You are dishonerable for not telling us the truth. I asked you if you were still President DRI and you chose to ignore, even though you had just posted - and, I tagged you. I 'm not surprised, based on some of the stuff you have pulled in the past.

Last edited:
•••
I think original poster and I deserve some apologies.

I can understand the OP wanting an apology since there may be some truth to this due to the website removal ...

... But you?

What exactly was said to you or did you say that deserves an apology?

I'm sorry you were right to think this may have been something other than nonsense? Is that what you wanted? 🏆🥠🤔

If true, Best of luck to @Paul Nicks in his future endeavors!

Last edited:
•••
When the protagonist feels the need to step forward and deny an outlandish story, you know there is probably some truth to it.

Last edited:
•••
Looks like they were playing with words, as in Paul Nicks didn't get "fired" he's now "pursuing other opportunities" and he's "still with GoDaddy... for now" just "not in the same role or capacity".

It's the same idiotic corporate-speak a company uses when they buy a smaller firm, then fire all their workers, sell off their assets and steal the cash, calling it a "partnership".

Last edited:
•••
It's the same idiotic corporate-speak a company uses when they buy a smaller firm, then fire all their workers, sell off their assets and steal the cash, calling it a "partnership".
You are comparing M&A Transactions, where a "smaller" firm gets bought by a bigger one and has PROBABLY a cost reduction plan since the "smaller" company was not profitable. "Sell of assets", and steal the cash - fire all workers.
My eyes were bleeding when I read this.
You have literally no idea about M&A Transactions. Do you know that there are also positive cases, with people not getting fired or the company just expanding?

Did you know that sometimes people are not allowed to communicate about their new role since there are things to clarify?
People personally don't want to?

That's not even a comparison to what you did.

Have a great day,zotix

•••
•••
Nicks previously served as President, Domain Registrars and Investors. His new role is VP, Domain Investor.

Nicks will be in charge of the aftermarket, Domain Academy, Domain Discount Club, and anything involving domain name investors.
Hat tip: @Acroplex via @DomainNameWire.

Last edited:
•••
The best part is Paul's new role is related to all of us: Domain Investors. Let's hope it's an opportunity to fix what's broken and make it better.

•••
The best part is Paul's new role is related to all of us: Domain Investors. Let's hope it's an opportunity to fix what's broken and make it better.
I always appreciate your positivity when it comes to GoDaddy. Let us hope for the best.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back