NameSilo

advice Sold 3L Domain on SEDO for 6 digit USD - Buyer not willing to pay

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

zotix

Upgraded Member
Impact
Dear Community,

I sold a Domain at SEDO.com for a total amount, which is near the mid-6-digit range.
I received the Offer and accepted it. There was no Typo from the Buyer or anything else he claimed.

After several Reminders from SEDO and some calls, the buyer asked to cancel the Transfer.
SEDO told him that this is not possible due to the contract, which is effective.
He just dropped the call, and SEDO is now canceling the internal Transfer Service.
I know that the contract is still valid, but unfortunately, SEDO is hiding behind its role as a platform.

Currently I'm more angry on the behavior of SEDO, than on the Buyer.
How is it possible, that SEDO has 3 different Certification Roles:

1. Buying up to 10k (Standard)
2. Buying up to 100k
3. Buying upwards 100k+

Where do they ask for bank statements, complete KYC, and all that stuff, and still there are IDIOTS like this buyer?
I read posts in other forums, where those things already happened in 2008.
It's totally ridiculous from a Platform that claims to be the "biggest premium domain platform" worldwide - and can not implement better controls or at least cooperate with the Seller.

Im pretty sure, If I would win the case, they would come and ask for the Provision.

I will not reveal the Domain Name, but I can say that I'm from Germany and the Buyer is from the United Kingdom.
I'm just asking them to provide me with all the Data they can give so that my lawyer can check the probability of winning or at least getting some money.
It's not even clear if this person is financially stable to pay such an amount.
Asking SEDO about ANY transactions that the buyer might have done in the past was declined due to data privacy. What the hell? It's just a "YES" or "NO," nothing that lets me know who the buyer might be.

I'm not sure how to deal with that situation.
Im in contact with 3 of the TOP lawyers in GER specializing in that field.

What is your experience with such transactions?
And why the hell is SEDO acting like this?

KR
zotix

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Failed payment is becoming a regular feature on just about all sales platforms these days. Sedo are just as bad as any other in regard to their response. They know the failed buyer will just create another account, just as you would do if you loose control of an email account.

Nothing is ever going to change whilst the sales platforms can just build in percentage (based on past data) they don't care. In away the worse it gets, the more likely they will look to combat it sometime in the future.

My guess it's probably a failure rate of about 20% to 30%of all sales and much higher for the high value sales. The quicker it gets to about 50% to 80% of sales the better. It would be so easy to implement a deposit scheme for any sale not paid in full at the time of purchase but why bother when their own stats can predict a manageable failure rate. Sedo can probably even predict which sales will fail with a 95% success just based on their own data.

Last edited:
•••
Would like to see a response from @Sedo for proper recourse that can taken from the seller in a situation such as this.

This takes time to resolve in the end the buyer will likely forfeit a good standing membership with Sedo meanwhile because it is a contract and it was broken Sedo should have an obligation to provide all details to you so you may seek legal action if you choose.

It doesn't matter what the domain was nor the amount agreed upon. Follow through! But Sedo doesn't have an obligation to provide you any more info's than what it purely relevant to your particular transaction (eg. past transactions)

As per creating new accounts, if there are non-payers and they are getting kicked from platforms surely their balance resources are limited I am confused as to how people can just create new accounts and use same bank accounts, PayPal, billing addresses etc without some sort of tracking by the platform from identifying that it's the same person.

Refusing to follow-through with a successful bid​

Buyers automatically enter into a legally binding contract to purchase a domain from the seller if their bid is accepted by the seller or if they accept a seller's offer to sell. Give careful consideration when making or accepting offers. Sedo's user agreement requires buyers to pay for the domains that they have committed to purchase. Buyers who refuse to follow through with domain offers that have been accepted by the seller are potentially liable to the Seller for breach of the sales contract to which both are parties.

•••
Failed payment is becoming a regular feature on just about all sales platforms these days. Sedo are just as bad as any other in regard to their response. They know the failed buyer will just create another account, just as you would do if you loose control of an email account.

Nothing is ever going to change whilst the sales platforms can just build in percentage (based on past data) they don't care. In away the worse it gets, the more likely they will look to combat it sometime in the future.

My guess it's probably a failure rate of about 20% to 30%of all sales and much higher for the high value sales. The quicker it gets to about 50% to 80% of sales the better. It would be so easy to implement a deposit scheme for any sale not paid in full at the time of purchase but why bother when their own stats can predict a manageable failure rate. Sedo can probably even predict which sales will fail with a 95% success just based on their own data.
There is a deposit for traders with the level of +100,000$ / pounds or Euro, which is..........drum.......... 1,000$

•••
Would like to see a response from @Sedo for proper recourse that can taken from the seller in a situation such as this.

This takes time to resolve in the end the buyer will likely forfeit a good standing membership with Sedo meanwhile because it is a contract and it was broken Sedo should have an obligation to provide all details to you so you may seek legal action if you choose.

It doesn't matter what the domain was nor the amount agreed upon. Follow through! But Sedo doesn't have an obligation to provide you any more info's than what it purely relevant to your particular transaction (eg. past transactions)

As per creating new accounts, if there are non-payers and they are getting kicked from platforms surely their balance resources are limited I am confused as to how people can just create new accounts and use same bank accounts, PayPal, billing addresses etc without some sort of tracking by the platform from identifying that it's the same person.
Thanks, but indeed, at this Level of "Certification," buyers must provide statements of their current account and full KYC + a Form provided by SEDO.
But it's nonsense if someone was "checked"; for example, in 2016, they never did any transaction and then bid 6 digits.

As a credit analyst at a German Bank, we checked corporate clients every year ("prolongation" of the credit lines) and did complete due diligence. Why is Sedo not doing something similar?

•••
Thanks, but indeed, at this Level of "Certification," buyers must provide statements of their current account and full KYC + a Form provided by SEDO.
But it's nonsense if someone was "checked"; for example, in 2016, they never did any transaction and then bid 6 digits.

As a credit analyst at a German Bank, we checked corporate clients every year ("prolongation" of the credit lines) and did complete due diligence. Why is Sedo not doing something similar?
Because they are not a bank. Banks are highly regulated. Sedo is not regulated.

•••

You'll find virtually all failures are from new accounts, or those with a low transaction history. Shame Sedo will only share that info after the failed payment. What pisses me off, is the way Sedo cancel your sales listing for 14 days or more when they already know there was a Zero prospect of the sale completing. They could just as easy keep the sales page active with the wording "Potential sale in progress" with the so-called seven day expiration date displayed.

I'd love to see them sharing their statistical profile for chances of a finalised sale along with that Congratulations email

Last edited:
•••

I'm not sure of the answer to this but they are acting as a middleman not a bank and yearly recertification on a platform that deals with auctions/sales daily I know it would likely drive me away if had to provide documents every year.

The onus is on the user and so are the repercussions if so taken. I guess for super-high value sales perhaps an extra step should be taken on the part of the marketplace to ensure the account wasn't compromised or whatnot since not in use for almost a decade.

Certainly improvements need to be taken to help reduce this type of behavior.

•••
•••
Just look at the Thread with "BabyAndBeyond.com," for $350k

While I think these are great stories to bring speculators to the industry, the odds of building a successful portfolio like this are almost nil.

•••
Sedo carry no more responsibility than an Amazon sale.

Order processed - delivery date assigned- delivery date confirmed - reminder of your order- order processed - further confirmation of delivery date- reminder to be available to take delivery- Delivery cancelled by Amazon on day of delivery - No explanation - Order deleted from your account by Amazon.

Yes Stupid, we aren't here to ensure good service, of course all the ads are just bullshit, we are only here to make money. Just substitute Sedo

Last edited:
•••
From a layman's perspective, this seems like quite the uphill battle.

There would probably be jurisdictional issues to start with.

The legal fees will likely run into the tens of thousands of dollars. Even if you did win, enforcing the judgement is another story.

Realistically, it's probably better to just move on.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I'm not sure of the answer to this but they are acting as a middleman not a bank and yearly recertification on a platform that deals with auctions/sales daily I know it would likely drive me away if had to provide documents every year.

The onus is on the user and so are the repercussions if so taken. I guess for super-high value sales perhaps an extra step should be taken on the part of the marketplace to ensure the account wasn't compromised or whatnot since not in use for almost a decade.

Certainly improvements need to be taken to help reduce this type of behavior.

I understand that identical to what @equity78 said, Sedo is not acting like a bank—it pretends (and is) just a platform that provides a service to bring buyers and sellers together.
But from an outside-in perspective, you have these Certification levels, which require Due Diligence, and it's pretty weird if Sedo is doing this JUST ONCE while you apply for this level and after that, not anymore.
It is the same for the Deposit of $1k, which is ridiculous for someone who can bid on Domains without a limit.
They ask for the last 60 Days of the account statement, but well - this could be prepared to fake it.
So why is Sedo doing "Marketing" with this Certification if it's just theory and not applicable in genuine cases?

@jamesau : I read this article, to be honest. The price for such Domains, mainly because those are two Domains, is unique - It's a fair price, even a reasonable price - compared to what I see, people are asking on Sedo for crap Domains.

@BaileyUK : Unfortunately, that makes me sad about this whole story. I know that this Domain will sell at some point—probably not for this price, but we are talking about a sum close to half a million USD.
The fact that those cases already happened decades before and will happen again raises many questions for me.
One of the most famous lawyers in Germany for Domains and IT law told me: This is the practice of SEDO; they don't care. I had a lot of clients who jumped off to take legal action because SEDO was not cooperative, and the lawsuit costs (abroad in Germany) were not worth it.
In my case, as I said - we are talking about close to half a million USD.

I hope my lawyer does not read this since he is also a Domainer; anyway, those lawyers I have contacted ask for 350-400 EUR per hour, so it's above the sum insurance covers + the costs for the lawyer in the UK and all that stuff.
Is it worth it? I don't know.
I will think about it after receiving the buyer's Data and running the web scraper.

In the end, the worst case is that I pay like 50k EUR without getting anything since the Buyer has no liquidity.
Furthermore, according to my lawyer, this would be a case of at least 8-12 months.
I'm not sure if I want to have this headache.
But what I know is that SEDO is doing a miserable job at this point.

Btw. Cashouts over 10k are only possible with bank accounts; I guess the same is applicable for paying to Sedo.
It's either via Adyen as the Payment-Service-Provider or to Sedo's Escrow Account.

Im just frustrated as of now.

zotix

•••

The legal fees will likely run into the tens of thousands of dollars. Even if you did win, enforcing the judgement is another story.

Realistically, the only thing you can probably do is just move on.

Brad
You are right, i totally agree with every word you wrote. Still it makes me sad somehow.
Thanks Brad.

Best regards, zotix

•••

Realistically, it's probably better to just move on.

Brad
Not saying this is legal... but the fact is, it was some troll who put in a dubious offer and then ran away.

I feel like I want op to to legal to teach all trolls a lesson lol

In the usa we have a small claims court to sue up to 5k. It costs $30.

If he can get the buyers info, just open a complaint with a small claims court in his municipality in the Uk lol. 5k for... disturbance fees or cancellation penalty. It's whatever. If op loses, he gets no penalty. If buyer loses, op gets at least 5k and gets to keep the domain

•••
The fact that technically there was no typo and the buyer left a comment on the bid suggests that they were really serious and aware of what they were doing.

•••
I am guessing I have had upwards of 30? non payers over the years, may be more. These were mainly via Sedo in the early days and later a few with Dan and others. Highest was 7 figures.
But as pointed out by others I never count the money until it is in my hand.
The auction platforms will normally provide the details of the "errant" buyer.
The chances of success by pursuing such cases is pretty much close to zero. The minor satisfaction I have had is from posting some "buyers" details in the warning section of domain forums.

•••
I sold a Domain at SEDO.com
Hi

a domain is not sold, until payment is received.

i think your anger towards sedo is misdirected, as no platform can force a bidder to complete a transaction.

if you sue that person, you won't get a dime from them and the only people who will make money is these lawyers you speak of, if you're paying them for advice.

like you said, you've only been domaining a couple of years, so chalk this one up as an experience and move on.

imo...

•••
This situation often occurs,
I have accepted the offer,
The buyer did not make payment

•••
•••
Do you pay this lawyer?
John what is your take on all this, I actually meant to just ask you about this in general. Is it just the cool off period and no action can really be taken? Or is there no damages etc...

•••
John what is your take on all this

I have not read this thread, let alone the applicable terms of Sedo to which the buyer and seller agreed to conduct themselves.

From a quick skim, I gather the OP is advised by a lawyer, and presumably one who gets paid to provide advice, so I don't see the point in my adding anything to that. I like to get paid too.

And, again, from a quick skim, I gather that someone offered a domain name for sale in accordance to whatever the applicable terms at Sedo happen to be, and that someone proposed to purchase the domain name according to whatever the applicable terms at Sedo happen to be. The buyer didn't perform, Sedo won't identify who that person was, and now we have a discussion thread that from which any discussion of whatever the applicable terms at Sedo happen to be is entirely absent. I'm not about to go read them out of some lack of more entertaining things to do.

My general take is pretty simple - don't enter into contracts with people who do not identify themselves to you. As is made clear here, it is pretty hard to sue someone for breach of contract when you don't know who they are, but that is why one of the basic elements of a contract is an identification of the parties to the contract.

If the way the Sedo platform operates is not compatible with that principle of "knowing who you are dealing with" then your choice boils down to whether you want to use Sedo or not. The notion that "I decided to conduct a negotiation and sale with an anonymous person and now I don't know who they are" is sort of like the old joke about the guy who walks into the doctor's office and says, "it hurts when I go like this."

I mean, sure, if you are going to use a sales platform at which you are going to receive offers and negotiate with people who remain anonymous to you, then, yep, you are going to have problems knowing who they are if things go sideways. Maybe that's why people use platforms where they can screw around with sellers anonymously.

If this was all done in the US, then you could file a suit against "John Doe", subpoena Sedo for the information, and then amend your complaint to name the penniless actual person from whom you'd never get the money anyway. I haven't the foggiest notion how legal procedures operate in the UK or Germany in that regard, nor, as noted above do I know whatever the applicable terms at Sedo happen to be, which might be relevant to where one would want to pursue legal action, if any.

Last edited:
•••
Unfortunately receiving fantasy 6 figure offers is part of the industry. It won't be the last time it happens if you stay in the game for long enough. Nothing is sold until you get the money.

Yeah. When you receive 6 figure offers that are more than your asking price, that is a pretty good sign it's not getting paid.

•••
Do yourself a favor and move on. You didn't sell the domain. You just got a ridiculous offer, and that happens all the time. Because you're a new domainer, you're thinking- this is a once in a life time opportunity! There's a contract! I need to go after this person to get the money! The reality is that this sort of thing happens when you're dealing with domains. Random people hit BINs or make insane offers and then don't complete the deal. Sometimes it's a mistake. Sometimes they're trolling. Sometimes it's something else. But going after it is a waste of time and money. You'll be chasing the wind.

If you think about it logically, no serious entity would make a mid $XXX,XXX offer on a domain that has a $XX,XXX minimum offer. That would be insane on their part, when they could theoretically get it for the minimum offer or close to it. Plus, you mentioned that it's a 3L in one of the new extensions, which basically makes this whole thing extremely unlikely to the nth degree. I'm presuming you didn't pay a lot of money for it and whatever it is, related to IT or what not, it very likely isn't worth $XXX,XXX to anyone. Crazy stories like BabyAndBeyond.com for $350K pop up every now and then, but they don't happen very often and 99.99% of the time they happen in .com and via a serious broker, not an offer via a listing on a marketplace. It's extremely unlikely for a 3L in a new extension to get a real mid 6 fig offer on a sales platform like Sedo, and certainly not as the first offer a buyer makes.

Last edited:
•••
I have not read this thread, let alone the applicable terms of Sedo to which the buyer and seller agreed to conduct themselves.

From a quick skim, I gather the OP is advised by a lawyer, and presumably one who gets paid to provide advice, so I don't see the point in my adding anything to that. I like to get paid too.

And, again, from a quick skim, I gather that someone offered a domain name for sale in accordance to whatever the applicable terms at Sedo happen to be, and that someone proposed to purchase the domain name according to whatever the applicable terms at Sedo happen to be. The buyer didn't perform, Sedo won't identify who that person was, and now we have a discussion thread that from which any discussion of whatever the applicable terms at Sedo happen to be is entirely absent. I'm not about to go read them out of some lack of more entertaining things to do.

My general take is pretty simple - don't enter into contracts with people who do not identify themselves to you. As is made clear here, it is pretty hard to sue someone for breach of contract when you don't know who they are, but that is why one of the basic elements of a contract is an identification of the parties to the contract.

If the way the Sedo platform operates is not compatible with that principle of "knowing who you are dealing with" then your choice boils down to whether you want to use Sedo or not. The notion that "I decided to conduct a negotiation and sale with an anonymous person and now I don't know who they are" is sort of like the old joke about the guy who walks into the doctor's office and says, "it hurts when I go like this."

I mean, sure, if you are going to use a sales platform at which you are going to receive offers and negotiate with people who remain anonymous to you, then, yep, you are going to have problems knowing who they are if things go sideways. Maybe that's why people use platforms where they can screw around with sellers anonymously.

If this was all done in the US, then you could file a suit against "John Doe", subpoena Sedo for the information, and then amend your complaint to name the penniless actual person from whom you'd never get the money anyway. I haven't the foggiest notion how legal procedures operate in the UK or Germany in that regard, nor, as noted above do I know whatever the applicable terms at Sedo happen to be, which might be relevant to where one would want to pursue legal action, if any.
"Intro"
Dear Community & dear Dr. John Berryhil,

Again, thank you for giving me some comments on my Thread.
I quoted the post from Dr. Berryhil, but I will answer all your questions.

It's probably because I'm not a native speaker, which makes it a bit more complicated to describe the whole situation adequately (without repeating myself). I write without any translator, just using my business English knowledge and Grammarly to correct things—that's it.

Why did I post this on NamePros?
Let me answer the Post I quoted first, and then I will answer/respond to the other commentators.

First, the "goal" for me to post this here was not to blame Sedo for getting attention.
It was and is a mixture of frustration and lack of knowledge in this industry since I would call myself a Newbie, just for 1-2 years in this sector. So I wanted to know, first, if those kinds of things are usual, and if yes, how you deal with them with regard to such high sums. Last but not least, why are those things not prevented accordingly? (Which is at the end pointing to SEDO).

Respond to Dr. Berryhil's Post
So, let's go through the message: I appreciate your response and all the others who gave their opinion. Because that is what I need. "Unfiltered" views from people who are not getting paid by me to convince me to take legal steps.

• As of now, I have just contacted 3 well-known lawyers for an initial free advisory talk; there is no mandate existing as of now
  • The opinion of the first Lawyer was: "You can't grab a naked man into his pockets, save your Money for the lawsuit, which might cost up to $50k - If this is a broke man, and there is nothing to get from him, you will regret, just sell the Domain to someone else - those things happen. Life goes on, if you have another issue - contact me"
  • The opinion of the second Lawyer was: "You need to clarify now with Sedo to provide the Buyer's Data. In parallel, you can contact your insurance company and tell them you want coverage for a case where someone has not fulfilled a valid/binding contract and get the allowance to move forward. After receiving the Information about the Buyer, I should decide on my own, based on his Details - If this is a person who can be identified on the Internet so that there is any chance to get more information (For example, if anyone with a LinkedIn Profile, any Investor who is searchable in the Internet. Based on that and asking the Legal Department of Sedo if there is any special rule regarding the place of jurisdiction (SEDO German Office) in Cologne, Germany, this case will go through the UK, which will cost. Since there are defined ranges for payments to lawyers in Germany, the rates in the UK might be higher / different."
  • I should then make my trade-off and decide if it's worth suing him in the UK. He also mentioned something like (I'm not sure if I remembered correctly): Other than in Germany, even if you win, the other party does not pay everything - you would also need to pay a piece of the process costs.
  • The opinion of the third Lawyer was more or less the same as the second one. Still, he said that the probability of getting the Money is very low - I should try to get as much information as possible, but he would personally move on - even if it's a high sum. He also mentioned a case he had where the seller had an even higher amount - but didn't take legal steps because the buyer was somewhere in the Philippines. The effort and everything was too expensive related to the chance he would have.

I have not paid any of those lawyers so far, so I'm asking here for neutral and unfiltered opinions. I appreciate everyone participating and sharing their experiences with such cases.

My general take is pretty simple - don't enter into contracts with people who do not identify themselves to you

Dr. Berryhil, I do not want you to entertain anyone here. I appreciate your comment, as well as the others. I know that, according to their TOS and after speaking with the Transfer Service Agent, they will provide the Buyer's data.
The Buyer / Seller are marked as "confidential" in all my trades with Sedo. So, it is expected not to share the data if the transaction is running smoothly.

The notion that "I decided to conduct a negotiation and sale with an anonymous person and now I don't know who they are" is sort of like the old joke about the guy who walks into the doctor's office and says, "it hurts when I go like this."

This is exactly the point where SEDO plays an important role, and as I mentioned, there are 3 Levels of "Certification." Standard: Up to 10k USD, Pound, Euro, Second: Up to 100k USD, Pound, Euro, Third: Obove 100k USD, Pound, USD.
Starting with the Second Level, there is more formal stuff to do. For the third Certification, you must also provide bank statements from the past 60 Days.
So, since it's not mentioned anywhere on the SEDOs page, the question would be:
For example, with the Assumption that this happened in 2015: If someone has collected Money in his bank account over, let's say, 90 Days - provide this bank statement of 60 Days - provide this Evidence that he has Liquidity to trade without any Limit, then SEDO is going to give this Certification Level 3, based on the Evidence he has provided. I got it. Now, there might be different scenarios. Probably, the customer has never traded in those ranges, but he has traded regularly and bought Domains for 10,20,30k. Or we have the scenario that this customer traded 1-2 times for 100k or 150k back in 2015 and never made any transactions.
In my last scenario, the customer applied for this level of certification and never did anything.

This client is bidding a 6-digit amount after being inactive for 9 years.

So the point for me is, where is the end to doing "marketing" with this certification nonsense when it's intransparent and not controlled somehow?

I need to repeat myself. We are talking about SEDO, who call themselves (and they are) the biggest "Premium Domain Platform for Selling / Buying worldwide."
Isn't this just a plain vanilla implementation or check, at least for those transactions, to prevent those things?

So basically, my point in opening this Thread is/was to get unfiltered experiences with that kind of transaction and the fact that those things are happening with SEDO - even though those things already happened in 2008.
This is an easy thing to improve; give me 2 Developers, and I write the Business Case and Proposal to implement sufficient fraud protection, which would not cost 100k EUR according to German consulting rates. It's not rocket science.

Anyways, Thank you very much for your Feedback on this. Even if you did not read everything, I appreciate you!
THANKS, zotix.

Respond to other NamePro Members (appreciated!)

@Jv1999: If this is possible without any additional costs in the UK, I will consider it after getting the Buyer's Data. Thank you!

@Timkh: You are right; there is no doubt that it was a typo. SEDOs Transfer Agent mentioned the sum (to validate), multiple times to the Buyer - he did not said anything about the sum, so this was intended - not a typo at all. Even if he would claim that (he didn't), this is not "trustworthy" for me as someone who does not know the law. In my example of the high amount, I took $89,000 minimum bid / Buyer bid: $600,000 - the Numbers on the Keyboard are not next to each other, and + the minimum bid was not a flat sum, but the Bid was. Thank you!

@wot : Thank you for sharing your experience, which scares me. Those things happen that often, just to one person on the forum. I can't imagine how often this happens in general.
Im not sure if I would get in trouble posting his Name to kind of "Blacklist" him; I'll check this. Thank you!

@biggie: The sad thing about this is that after sleeping a night and reading all your experiences, most likely, this will happen. There is no chance to get the Money.
Indeed, the buyer is aware of the sum; he was also reachable via his phone number, as SEDO told me after calling him some times. The last thing he said was just, "I want to step back from this Transaction." SEDO said, "This is not possible, binding contract, etc." after they wanted to tell them more about the consequences, he quickly hung up.
And yes, you are right: The Domain is not sold until you receive the money. That's a fair point.
Technically, and also written on SEDO, the domain is sold because this contract was closed with the declaration of intent of both parties. Thank you for your comment!

@nameNB : That is precisely what I tried to find out by opening this Thread and how people deal with it. Why things cant be improved. Thank you!

@equity78 : Thanks for providing help / "mental support" by posting here. Appreciate you!

@SuperBrander :

• Appreciate you - and the way you think about this topic, which is more or less the conses of many here
  • As I said, it was not a mistake - he bid this amount with his declaration of intent
  • I could not bid such amounts with my Sedo Account because I do not have this "Certification." This might be a troll that had passed SEDO's due diligence at some point
  • As I said, it is not a new gTLD; it could be .com , .net, .org, .info, .tel, whatever - I do not think this plays such a big role in the "worth of this Domain".
  • But to be a bit more precise, I paid a lot for it, and I can assure you that this domain has value in IT since this might have a significant value for Corporates, not only for a little Niche.
  • I do not want to say more about the Domain itself since, from my point of view, this is not the Discussion Point to evaluate whether the Bid was something like a Unicorn or crazy insane like "BabyAndBeyond.com" for $350,000. Maybe this was also the case for my 3L—maybe not. I can't evaluate it since the Price of the Domain depends on what the Buyer is looking for and how important it is for him to get the Name.
  • But I can also tell you that this Domain is older than 20 years, which indicates that many TLDs are excluded.
  • So, in your last sentence, I guess you misunderstood my post, or I didn't write it correctly. My bad.
  • I do not know how Brokers interact since I've not been a Domainer for a decade. He left a msg. With his Bid (also mentioning the price) - Since I did not know at this point who he was, the first thing on my mind was that it was a Broker acting for any Corporate. That's why I was not suspicious in the first place + After checking those Certifications.

Thank you very much for your post and all the others here!
I do not intend to waste anyone's time here - If so, I'm sorry.
Since it's a huge amount, I was opening this thread; otherwise, I would not have.

Thanks, and have a great day!

zotix

•••
My advice and I am in UK
1. Get the buyer data and push for that
2. Look up buyer and read the fine print of the contract
3. This could be litigated in UK and/or Germany
4. If and a big if this is a big company then by all means sue in both jurisdictions as he bought in UK and you sold in Germany
5. If not live and learn

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back