Dynadot

Is Domain Parking Dead?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Goodold80

Impact
I am experiencing a serious decline in parking revenue. I would like to share your opinion of the possible causes.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's not dead yet, just dying.

•••
Upvote 0
I don't know others, but wake up, its 2023. Yes, It's long dead.

•••
Upvote 0
no it will last forever.
as longest there traffic
and theres google adwords ads

•••
Upvote 0
Yep...it's just about to code.

Parking Crew and Bodis still pay some...CashParking is a waste of time.

•••
Upvote 0
My EPC is half compared to our year ago.
I have two possible explanations:
  1. G hold most of the revenue
  2. Adblockers prevent to display relevant ads so generic ads pay less
However, I note that in this context of crisis the price for the acquisition of expired domains has not dropped!

•••
Upvote 0
CashParking is a waste of time
its dead and lagging what a shame from one of the beigest registers in the world to be
the best in industry is Parking Crew then bodis ( bodis theay block me) and some people in namepros complain about them
combind with above your are a rocket man
however the best for china is sedo
best for adult pc
and man it's been decrees in last year yes that's a fact,
however maybe you need to think about what happen in the world
in political angle.
i'm saying since the begin of the war in ukrine i notice a huge drop
not just that
snice what happen recently i notice a huge drop not just me but every one else
but from last 3 days it got back to normal

•••
Upvote 0
but from last 3 days it got back to normal
I'm glad things are looking better.

I agree...CashParking should be better than any other...they say they have made a great deal and they imply the money they get is greater than any other. It is not so in my case.

My names will be moved back to PC and Bodis shortly.

•••
Upvote 0
In the past, parking worked very well but it's been dying in the last years.
I'm losing a lot of money because the ads shown to visitors are mostly irrelevant.
I get ads for health (keyword), plumbing, insurance, online security, etc.
You get the point.
It's becoming very ineffective.
My domains get traffic via old backlinks, rankings on google and typo traffic.

•••
Upvote 0
I'm losing a lot of money because the ads shown to visitors are mostly irrelevant.

That's what I've been saying. We would earn a lot more if we saw lawyer ads for lawyer keyword domains, instead of ''online dating''. I have irrelevant ads on so many of my domains.

Even the ones where the first result is relevant and the rest aren't, I'd rather only show that one ad. Otherwise when people see a feed like

Home insurance
Cybersecurity

Online betting
Thrift shop

they realize it's a spam site and they click away.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
And parking companies do nothing to solve this problem...
Everyone would win

•••
Upvote 0
self hosted selfmade (diy) parking pages maybe the solution for some domainers can do the trick if you don't want to depend on domian parking companies i think ... succes!

•••
Upvote 0
Hi

if, pay per click was dead...
then
there wouldn't be any pay per click services.

and since there are still some ppc platforms
then
ppc is still alive

imo...

•••
Upvote 0
Parking is still alive and well. We will just have to continue to evolve. Keep learning and buying.

•••
Upvote 0
I am glad to see someone optimistic.
As far as I am concerned, my statistics say that earnings have dropped more than 50 percent and backorders prices have not dropped at all.
Hard to buy under these conditions and keep a positive balance.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
The question is that where is the money. Google reported that their ad revenue increased by 10% as compared to the same period last year:
https://www.reuters.com/technology/...quarterly-revenue-above-estimates-2023-10-24/

Meanwhile, RPM dropped to half.

So how it is possible that more revenue to Google, much less revenue to us?

Some possibilities:
1, Google keep the money
Google keep the money for legal battles, maybe increased taxes and fines, also increased prices of being default/built-in on different devices

2, Effect of arbitrage
This year G arbitrage became widespread and now they allow Tiktok, Taboola etc traffic to be redirected to parking pages. Even I have seen YouTube ads to "click on Tiktok ads and earn money". These are ads on Tiktok which are redirected to high CPC parking pages, like dental implants. Crazy that it is supported by these two parties. Thus, parking pages have much more traffic with these low quality sources -> more traffic, same money to share -> less revenue for "organic parking"

3, Parking companies keep more
Most probably, since they get less money and they have the costs, they have to increase the part they keep, so parkers get less from the less

My feeling is that the arbitrage is the main driving force of the huge drop and it should be stopped. It is against quality, ethic, none of advertisers and publishers benefit from these. It is only good for a few, selected parties playing in this field.

•••
Upvote 0
"My feeling is that the arbitrage is the main driving force of the huge drop and it should be stopped. It is against quality, ethic, none of advertisers and publishers benefit from these. It is only good for a few, selected parties playing in this field."

This has a significantly negative impact on parking.
I just hope it's not the final nail in the coffin.

•••
Upvote 0
GDPR, built-in browser Do Not Track (DNT) & Apple disabling super cookie all contributing to the decline in the parking!

Without above its hard for them to track and report impressions, clicks and actions, etc..

•••
Upvote 0
Parking is a scam....most of the $$ revenue goes to the parking companies and they kept the money....there is no transparency

•••
Upvote 0
I started parking last month on Bodis after a long break and 5-6 domains made around $56 and current month looks like $45. Apart from that this month some $250 on a domain on sedo from secondary traffic sources and will wait to see if I will get paid.

•••
Upvote 0
I started parking last month on Bodis after a long break and 5-6 domains made around $56 and current month looks like $45. Apart from that this month some $250 on a domain on sedo from secondary traffic sources and will wait to see if I will get paid.
Happy The Office GIF by Cameo

What type of domains?

•••
Upvote 0
Nithya78,
Let us know if you received it and if everything went well
Bodis has a bad reputation, but we'll see

•••
Upvote 0
Bodis has a bad reputation,
Hi

why you say that?

typically, only those who've had their accounts closed for not following TOS make such statements.

i've never had issues and they have been very responsive, especially here on the forum.

imo...

•••
Upvote 0
In addition to blocking accounts out of the blue, they usually do it very close to the payment day
Furthermore, the average epc in my names is higher in other parking companies

•••
Upvote 0
I am not worried about bodis and I have been paid by them time while I was parking with them. I am worried about Sedo on the out of the blue $250 from one domain. My main money earning domain on bodis are a .club domain, a 4 charatcter and one more .com domain and a .cc domain

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back