NameSilo

Dan.com - Problem with landing pages

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kostas

Established Member
Impact
I have my portfolio at Dan.com and today I noticed that landing pages do not work properly.

The problem is apparent the first time you visit a new domain. It just won't load.

I have tried this over several iphones, browser safari and brave, different IPs (Greece)
The same happens on Mac but not on Windows or Android from my tests.

After 2-3 tries of waiting 5-10seconds, the domain will load and after that it continuous to load without problem for several minutes.

To demonstrate, pick any domain from your dan portfolio that you haven't visited recently (within the day) and try to load it on an iphone. I hope it works for you and the problem is only local. I have contacted Dan and they will investigate.

I understand this is very weird but it is what's happening, most probably a problem with the SSL certificates (the message I get on some browsers is "can not establish a secure connection"). Why it works after you try 2-3 times to visit the domain I don't know.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Seems like this bug is still not fixed, I really thought that it was my registrar fault at first, but it's clearly dan's ssl certificates issue, huge turn off for me, time to say goodbye to their landers 👋

•••
No, it hasn't been fixed. And there is no response by Undeveloped on Twitter but they had 2 "public holidays" this week.

•••
No, it hasn't been fixed. And there is no response by Undeveloped on Twitter but they had 2 "public holidays" this week.

As a result of the continued "not secure" messages showing up intermittently on the Afternic Dan Landers, currently I'm testing Dynadot landers as an alternative. So far, they seem to be performing well, with no security issues noted.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back