Dynadot

Don't Overlook Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
With the mention of Reem Island in another thread, don't overlook the development of Saadiyat Island, also in Abu Dhabi.

From Wikipedia:

Saadiyat Island (In Arabic: جزيرة سعديات meaning "Island of Happiness") is a large, low lying island 500 meters off the coast of Abu Dhabi island to be developed.

A Dhs.100 billion (US$ 27 billion) mixed commercial, residential, and leisure project is currently under construction on the island, expected to be completed in 2018. According to government officials, Saadiyat Island is expected to become Abu Dhabi's cultural center.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saadiyat_Island

(As an aside, it's unbelivable to me how the US expects to stay in the forefront in terms of achievements yet we have nothing comparable in the US)

What did you register for Saadiyat Island?

:hearts:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nothing at all, spent all my risk involving, geo intended, island investments into
Reem :D
Do you think keeping Reem domains for another year would be a good idea Dave?

•••
I think it would depend on the domain as each domain would be valued differently.

What worries me tho is that this may all bottom out.. reading about Dubai I see many investors and speculators have been less than enchanted, mainly due to the weather conditions (heat) and crowding of the properties.

I personally find it all very fascinating but in the long term, I wonder if we won't see hot, dusty ghost towns? ;)

Krossat said:
Nothing at all, spent all my risk involving, geo intended, island investments into
Reem :D
Do you think keeping Reem domains for another year would be a good idea Dave?

•••
I have'nt got any yet and it will be a long time before they get it up and running, I'll wait and see how the dubai ones pan out :tu:

Saadiyat has been tipped to become one of the worlds top ten destinations "eventually" and considering that Abu Dhabi is far richer than Dubai you know its going to be good :tu:

article > http://www.arabianbusiness.com/499852-saadiyat-island-makes-trendy-list?ln=en

dgridley said:
What worries me tho is that this may all bottom out.. reading about Dubai I see many investors and speculators have been less than enchanted, mainly due to the weather conditions (heat) and crowding of the properties.

I personally find it all very fascinating but in the long term, I wonder if we won't see hot, dusty ghost towns? ;)

I very much doubt Dubai will bottom out, slow down ..maybe? - unless there is BIG trouble in the region then the tourists will continue to increase. They had about seven million in 2007 and expect around ten million by 2010.

Dubais hotel occupancy rate is up around 85 per cent - one of the highest anywhere in the world.

The thing that amazes me about the UAE is they are also investing in various projects all around the world - Bermuda, Maldives, Thailand, Africa and many other places > apart from America.

I think what happened with P&O's American deal p****d them off :|

They are concentrating on Europe, Russia, Asia and Africa far more than America.

...all I can say is WOW D-: amazing what imagination and loads of money can achieve ! (and high oil prices)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back