Dynadot

.us <domain name>.us.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
There is a poster on another forum who is selling domains (so he says) that are in the form <name>.us.com (which really makes them subdomains).

Does anyone know about these guys?

Harry

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nope, but I wouldn't touch them.

Mike

•••
That's what I figured, but I thought I would ask the group here.

•••
•••
Either would i, dont like them at all..

•••
Yes, that's the same group. I removed the threads he started in the forum I managed. I don't think it is honest to claim you are selling a domian name when it is only a subdomain that you are probably getting hosting fees for. I wonder how many people are sucked in by this one.

•••
Their business is legit and there's nothing wrong selling subdomains. Heck, the UK goverment has been doing it for years with .co.uk.

Centralnic has been around for several years themselves. From what I know about them they provide an honest service that is what they advertise it as.

Yes, they own the actual us.com domain. They lease you a subdomain off of it, which if configured right acts exactly like any other domain would.

I would not recommend buying them for investment purposes because they expensive. But to each their own.

IMHO, companies like new.net rely more on confusing domain buyers with their "alternative" domain extension that do not function as a real domain.

If you disagree, I'd be interested in hearing why you find the practice of selling subdomains so horrible.

•••
Does the third party buyer actually own it? How can they own it when it is NOT a domain name and not even theirs originally.

Doesn't us.com really own the sub-domain so how can the sub-domain owner then resell it?

I really see no way a sub-domain may be legally RESOLD by the original sub-domain buyer but I could be worng.

•••
Originally posted by RealNames
Does the third party buyer actually own it? How can they own it when it is NOT a domain name and not even theirs originally.
Doesn't us.com really own the sub-domain so how can the sub-domain owner then resell it?

I probably wouldn't consider the buyer the domain owner. They've just purchased rights to use the third level domain. They would never own the .us.com portion.

Grey area I guess, but to me it sounds similar to buying web hosting. You may not own the web server, but your agreement with the server owner gives you control over a portion of it.

I really see no way a sub-domain may be legally RESOLD by the original sub-domain buyer but I could be worng.

I can't see any legal problems with it. The TLD holder would be selling a service rather than a product and should have the rights to do so.

Centralnic seems legit. They have their domains in escrow with a reputable third party. Prices are crazy expensive, but its a free market.

•••
Isnt it devalued even if a domain is like cars.us.com?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back