Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dominic Belley

Four Letter AcronymsTop Member
Impact
Michael Cyger : "I’m retiring from publishing in the domain name industry."

http://www.domainsherpa.com/farewell/

--

Domain Sherpa is the reason why I've become a domainer.

Honestly I am very sad to read that article today.

All I feel like saying right now is Thank you Michael !
I hope I can shake your hand one day at a conference.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Domain Shane Time for a DSAD starting podcast? Doesn't has to be a show like the domain sherpa but everybody would love another weekly or 15 days podcast. Going to miss the candidness in show specially from your side and Andrew's.

•••
I loved the show and learned a lot

•••
This show has done a lot in opening my eyes to domaining. It's just sad that it's bidding farewell now.
Thank you Michael for making a great contribution to the domain industry.

•••
The domain industry is not as huge as most people think. Next time you are bidding for a domain, count how many people are at auction - at best you might be able to fill up a school bus or a small movie theater if it is an incredibly premium domain.

Also, there really isn't that much diversity in the topic of domaining.

Buy > Sell > Profit Strategy
Gossip
Sales
Auctions & Appraisals

This is why affiliate "Lists" of have now become the bread and butter for most domain blogs.

There are many more topics to discuss that will make you rich. Ryans Toy Review makes $5 - $8 million a year, and it's a kid playing with toys and jello.

Michael did a wonderful job at making entertaining and informative shows. The archive of that information is truly priceless to everyone who is, and will be, new to domaining.

•••
Shame that Domain Sherpa has retired. But I suppose when you and your guests get 'investigated' and 'attacked' because you are a public figure there is no point trying to help the community anymore...

May I wish Michael Cyger and ALL of his crew a very happy "retirement". I found the information invaluable whilst it was available and wish each and every one of them the very best for the future.

•••
Cyger is a great interviewer/host and I've really enjoyed watching his DomainSherpa videos. Thanks for producing lots of entertaining and informative domain content over the years!

•••
Sad to see him retire from the show. Always loved watching the videos with all the sherpas! Mainly one of the reasons that motivated me to start domaining in 2015. I learned a lot from each of his videos and got excited when people made big sales too.

Wish Michael the best! Thank you again!

•••
Via Con Dios, Michael!

I've enjoyed the shows, and am very thankful that the archive will remain. I will be watching those from time to time.

What I'm wondering is what will the future hold for DNSeattle and DNAcademy?

•••
What a wonderful show! Used to wake up ever Monday to check if a new Sherpa show was out!
Thank you Shane, Drew, Ali, Frank and all others that appeared and shared so much with us, and a special thanks to Michael, no words can describe how much you have affected and helped us.. :(

•••
Michael Cyger's enthusiasm for conducting such shows and interviews asking questions, getting out all the info was totally unmatchable. feel bad that we wont get to see it again. domain industry would miss him a lot. All the best wishes for his future.

•••
He realized how much easier it is to make 450 bucks from newbie domainer memberships then to make pennies from his advertisers. He said he is continuing DN Academy so the answer is fairly easy to see. I wouldn't be surprised if the Domain Sherpa content got rolled up into DN Academy as a pay to play membership only access. Start watching those videos now because they may not be around much longer to see for free.

•••
Loved the way Michael Cyger used to do the interviews and provide insights on the sales and domains. Definitely learned a lot through his video and it's very sad to see him stop doing this. It was one of the treasures for the beginner to learn about domain investing. Thanks and wish you good luck on your new journey.

•••
He realized how much easier it is to make 450 bucks from newbie domainer memberships then to make pennies from his advertisers. He said he is continuing DN Academy so the answer is fairly easy to see. I wouldn't be surprised if the Domain Sherpa content got rolled up into DN Academy as a pay to play membership only access. Start watching those videos now because they may not be around much longer to see for free.
Love when people come in and piss on the cake at the going away party. Nice job hook box

•••
Legendary host.

I've spent 100's of hours watching this show.

Thank you for everything!

•••
Love when people come in and piss on the cake at the going away party. Nice job hook box
Shane I'm not pissing on anyone's cake. Cyger made lots of great videos that we are thankful for. You understand business just like myself and every single thing I said makes total sense from a business perspective. Stating something that I see as obvious doesn't seem all that bad.

•••
I can't say that I'm surprised with everything that's happened these past few years.

The shows were always enjoyable to watch and will be missed. It's a shame that so many of the videos that I started watching are no longer available, what a waste of time for those Sherpa's. Just glad that I was able to watch them.

Shout out to Michael for putting the show together and all the industry Sherpa's who shared their time/experience/views with the rest of us!

•••
It was a true pleasure watching Michael's shows, my domain career began by watching them, and it feels a bit strange to see this all end, but everything is impermanent. I want to sincerely thank Michael and Sherpas for their hard work, and everything that was done for the domain industry, this is priceless. I'm sure a lot of people have learned a great deal by these shows, it was the foundation of my success! Also thanks for leaving all the content on the website, this is a goldmine of information for newcomers, but also to refresh our minds to re-watch if necessary in the future! Thank you Domain Sherpas, you will be missed.

•••
At DomainNameBroker.com we predict his return to domain name publishing within two years. Content of such volume and quality is not meant to be unattended.

•••
Many thanks for the entertainment over the years, always some fun, regards

•••
How about the Omar and Will Show

•••
damn that sucks, Mondays officially suck once again.

It was a great show that had a great run, thanks to Michael and all of the Sherpas who dedicated their time and knowledge for everyone else.

•••
I'm devasted, the show/podcast was a highlight of my week. I've spent countless hours listening to the show. But wishing you the best! @DomainSherpa

Hope to see a podcast soon @Domain Shane @MediaOptions (y)

•••
Sad day.

Thanks for all the quality content through the years, hopefully you'll make a return one day.

Last edited:
•••
Domain Sherpa was a big part of my motivation to continue domaining when I started and things were rough. Watching those videos not only shortened my learning curve but also lead me into many different strategies that could be used to both acquire/sell/market domain names. Quite frankly I don't think anyone will ever be able to replicate what Michael Cyger has done to inform and educate the domain name community. There is simply no substitution.

@DomainSherpa @Domain Shane @MediaOptions, thanks for the wealth of knowledge you have provided the domain industry over the past few years. Really gonna miss the banter!

•••
Hats off to Michael. Can't wait to see Michael gracing the show as sherpa. Best wishes.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back