Dynadot

What's up with these?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Another user of this forum (funmom) brought these two domains to my attention. They both dropped today and both have awesome overture (with extension) numbers. But, nothing to be found on them in google (well a couple of hits, but nothing really). They aren't really good domains either.

So, what is the deal with these? Why the large overture numbers? Oh, and BTW, no namewinner bids or snaps so obviously nobody wanted them...

zzgood.com 6274 hits in overture
zzgraffix.com 3664 hits on overture

Obviously they are related in some way.

I would appreciate any insight anyone can give.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ok here is what happens..overture pulls their data from lycos msn yahoo overture searches done on the previous month..so if you were to go type abc.com on overture 50 times..next month you will see overture has abc.com 50..many of the software or bots that look for domains for popularity do the searches and that is how they come into higher results on overture..hope that explains what you are asking..good luck

•••
But that many hits? And why don't I see these inflated numbers with other domains?

•••
Originally posted by Matt Wade
But that many hits? And why don't I see these inflated numbers with other domains?

It's common to see inflated overture numbers for domains in the months proceeding a name that's dropping. Like adill says any search queries on these search engines will count in the OV sugg results.

There are many domain speculators that have automated scripts that check lists of domains against Yahoo. This pumps up the Overture numbers by the time the name actually expires.

This is a large number, but to me it looks like a case of a script gone wild. Obviously there wouldn't be that many type-ins of a domain like that, or any for that matter.

Be careful when you see lists of unregistered domains that "have Overture numbers". In most cases these numbers are the result only of scripts and bots checking the names before they expire.

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-

There are many domain speculators that have automated scripts that check lists of domains against Yahoo. This pumps up the Overture numbers by the time the name actually expires.

Be careful when you see lists of unregistered domains that "have Overture numbers". In most cases these numbers are the result only of scripts and bots checking the names before they expire.

very good pointers! -RJ-

•••
It's a recursive curse :D searches that seek popularity and popularity rising because of seeks.

•••
:) nice observation timechange.
recursive curse... i like it

recursivecurse.com is available to reg :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back