Dynadot

.us .us

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Heres a q?

can anyone in the world own a .us ? as i am from the UK.

Speak soon

Laskos

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes anyone can I believe. There is no limit on who can register a domain I think.

•••

god you was quick ehehehh ;0

thanks

Laskos

p.s

theforums.info is now open ;0

•••
Lol ok :) yes.. I am on here all the time

•••

;) hehehe

you must be mad.

be good, take care :kickass:

Laskos

•••
•••
•••
yup thats true..you either have to be a us citizen or a corporation filed in the US or an organization running with main office in the us...there are people in other countries who have registered the domain and nexus is filing law suits..here is a more detailed document:

http://www.us/policies/docs/ustld_nexus_requirements.pdf

•••
My understanding is if you own a .US and are not a US citizen or Corp and somebody wants the name you are SOL.

Actually find Nexus' rules given that the number of people who own.US and do not meet the requirements.

•••
Owning a .US youmust be a US citizen., although there are lots of people around the world that own them., I think it comes down to if someone in the US wants the name and a reseller has the name and they are in Europe. then the Us person could probably get that name without much trouble. (not 100% sure on this)

•••
doubledee999 - You are correct - Simply file a complaint and it would be reviewed and they can loose the domain name. It has happened often before. Same with .ca (canada domains).

•••
hmmm, would you want to get a .us though? Because if you're from the UK, i dosen't really make sense!

•••
i thought .ca had similar regulations, thanks URL

•••
Originally posted by URLCollection
doubledee999 - You are correct - Simply file a complaint and it would be reviewed and they can loose the domain name. It has happened often before. Same with .ca (canada domains).

How would it work if you are a US citizen living in Canada?
I was told that we had to have a US mailing address to purchase
US domains and had to purchase all .US extensions throught our US Corporate Entity.

Not sure how accurate the advise is

•••
I read about the US address also, wo legally purchase a .US

•••
hi

Thanks for the comments etc i was just enquiring guys and gals ;)

Laskos

•••
Even though there are nexus links NO ONE GIVES A DAMN!

Supposedly you could get your domain seized if you have inaccurate whois info. Does anyone care? Nope. Same with .us and the nexus issue.

•••
Originally posted by lotsofissues
Even though there are nexus links NO ONE GIVES A DAMN!

Supposedly you could get your domain seized if you have inaccurate whois info. Does anyone care? Nope. Same with .us and the nexus issue.

believe me you have no idea how fast they respond to the requests for those who shouldn't own a domain..Nexus has a totally seperate legal department who are cracking down all those who dont meet requirements..Legally you can get sued for violating the agreement terms..good luck to those who dont follow the rules

•••
Your not going to get sued.
Someone from Canada who registers a .us and puts up a fine webpage is not going to be sued. Just think about it.

•••
if you go to www.us and check out their forum..you might wana see which companies got sued for violating the rules and regulations..if they dont sue I am sure no one will actually follow the rules..

•••
•••
Read the Nexus documents at their website - They do pull names from foreign owners if a complaint is filed - A client of ours lost over 20 .us names as they were from Mexico.

•••

so basically if your not in us, forget it ;)

Laskos

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back