Dynadot

domain How much would you value dalle.ai?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

valinggir

Impact
Hi friends, I initially wanted to develop dalle.ai into a travel blog website, but it looks like it may be more useful now to be an AI themed website. Otherwise I will just sell the domain. If I sell it, how much would you value it at?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hi friends, I initially wanted to develop dalle.ai into a travel blog website, but it looks like it may be more useful now to be an AI themed website. Otherwise I will just sell the domain. If I sell it, how much would you value it at?

Hmmm sounds vaguely similar to the dall-e trademark of openai 🤔

•••
Hmmm sounds vaguely similar to the dall-e trademark of openai 🤔
Dalle is a commonly used name in many parts of the world, like Tully ; )

•••
I would be careful with it since it might go toward domain squatting.
So I agree with @Kyle Tully

Kind regards, zotix

EDIT:
Displaying 1-30 of 12,561 results (Most relevant first)
Active registered TM with Dalle.

I guess most of the Nizza classes are covered anyway.

Last edited:
•••
I would be careful with it since it might go toward domain squatting.
So I agree with @Kyle Tully

Kind regards, zotix

EDIT:
Displaying 1-30 of 12,561 results (Most relevant first)
Active registered TM with Dalle.

I guess most of the Nizza classes are covered anyway.
You missed, the basilrathbone classes are not covered.
No, there's no trademark!
DALL·E OPENAI OPCO, LLC 97484422 """Pending""""" JUN 30, 2022 009, 042
No issue having this name, ...

•••
Its still Domain Squatting from my point of view, especially with the .ai TLD

•••
Press the Disagree Button as often as you want. It's just my opinion.
By the way. Why are you even more active on this topic than OP?

Is it probably your second account?

Last edited:
•••
Its still Domain Squatting from my point of view, especially with the .ai TLD
— Anyone can own an AI domain
— The trademark that is under discussion is "Pending"
— The trademark that is under discussion is for "DALL-E", not "DALLE"
— Anyone in this world could be called "Dalle", and OpenAI has no authority.

Last edited:
•••
Solid name, again, people think that companies can own letters like
one person told me WP is trademark so you can’t have it in one of my domain names. These people just speak without any knowledge.

•••
Hehe.
I'm not a fan of copying and pasting ChatGPT-related Stuff here. I rather prefer books or any other Tutorials to learn instead of getting an AI-generated answer and going the short way (and probably without sources within scientific research; it could also be wrong information)—but in this case, I used ChatGPT for you.
You are welcome to dislike my post again for just giving my opinion and trying to help. I will report to you.
Since this new cool, fast & better ChatGPT version, ChatGPT 4o, I subscribed today since I'm a big fan of Digital Transformation & everything related to this Megatrend.

So, there you go:

But before I post the GPT chat, @HostGeeks.com , of course, you are right - Nobody owns the X of Twitter, the same as the I of Apple. However, the graphical trademark "G" of Google is trademarked, the same as the symbol of Nike (which is not a letter), but it could be easily abused.
Apple has just trademarked products starting with I, so call me iZotix, and it's okay.

Personal experience: I have a registered brand, a 2-word combination starting with Love. It was declined as a Word Trademark due to conflicts with other Brands.
I don't know how it is in other countries, but in Germany, you create the application with all the Nizza Classes, send it to DPMA (the Trademark Authority in Germany), and they charge you—in my case, it was 800€. Then they decline you, and you don't get refunded. I love it.

But let's get back to the topic; here is the Chat:

You
Give me strong arguments to prove to someone that DALLE.ai (especially the tld, which indicates artificial intelligence) would cause trademark-related issues.

ChatGPT
To prove that registering "DALLE.ai" would likely cause trademark-related issues with OpenAI's "DALL-E" trademark, especially given the ".ai" top-level domain (TLD) which is commonly associated with artificial intelligence, you can present the following arguments:
  1. Likelihood of Confusion:
    • Similar Name: "DALLE.ai" is phonetically and visually similar to "DALL-E." The slight variation in spelling is unlikely to prevent confusion among consumers.
    • Industry Context: Both names are associated with artificial intelligence. The ".ai" TLD directly suggests a connection to AI, the same field in which DALL-E operates.
  2. Trademark Protection:
    • Brand Recognition: DALL-E has established significant brand recognition as an AI image generation tool. Using a similar name in the same field can mislead consumers into thinking there is an affiliation or endorsement by OpenAI.
    • Legal Precedent: Trademark law protects against names that can cause confusion in the marketplace. Courts and domain dispute resolution panels often side with established trademark holders in cases of clear similarity.
  3. Consumer Confusion:
    • Market Impact: Consumers might assume that "DALLE.ai" is an official site or service associated with DALL-E, leading to confusion. This can harm OpenAI's brand by associating it with an unaffiliated entity.
    • Search Engine Results: People searching for DALL-E might encounter "DALLE.ai" and mistakenly believe it is related, which can dilute the brand and impact OpenAI’s traffic and reputation.
  4. Bad Faith Registration:
    • Intent: If the intent behind registering "DALLE.ai" is to capitalize on the DALL-E name, it can be seen as bad faith registration. This is especially true if the registrant seeks to profit from the established goodwill of the DALL-E trademark.
    • Domain Dispute Policies: Under policies like the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP), bad faith registration of a domain name similar to an existing trademark can result in the transfer or cancellation of the domain.
  5. Dilution and Tarnishment:
    • Brand Dilution: Using a similar name can dilute the distinctiveness of the DALL-E brand, weakening its unique association with OpenAI’s product.
    • Potential Tarnishment: If the content or services provided at "DALLE.ai" are subpar or controversial, it could tarnish the reputation of DALL-E by association.
  6. Preventive Measures by OpenAI:
    • Proactive Protection: OpenAI is likely to take proactive legal measures to protect its brand. This could include sending cease-and-desist letters or filing a complaint with domain dispute resolution authorities.
    • Legal Costs and Liability: Registering "DALLE.ai" could lead to legal battles, resulting in significant costs and potential liability for damages.
These arguments highlight the risks and potential legal issues associated with registering a domain name that is highly similar to an established trademark, particularly in the same industry.

You
so, if you would say to how many percent (probability), it's a trademark-related problem? Give me YES or NO in percentage.

ChatGPT
Based on the arguments and the likelihood of consumer confusion given the similarity and context, I would estimate there is about a 90% probability that registering "DALLE.ai" would result in a trademark-related problem with OpenAI.

Kind regards,
iZotix

•••
Thank you for the discussion, everyone! Yeah the issue here seems to be on the rights to the domain name, instead of the price. I know the Dalle name is now a well known AI brand, but it was not the case 2 years ago. Also, the AI tld is first and foremost the tld for Anguilla, which is the subject of my website. It's just more valuable to make it about artificial intelligence.

•••
Thank you for the discussion, everyone! Yeah the issue here seems to be on the rights to the domain name, instead of the price. I know the Dalle name is now a well known AI brand, but it was not the case 2 years ago. Also, the AI tld is first and foremost the tld for Anguilla, which is the subject of my website. It's just more valuable to make it about artificial intelligence.

It was written about in Forbes, TechCrunch, CNBC, and other massive publications in early 2021.

It was certainly a well-known brand 2 years ago.

If you make your site about AI then that's where you'll run into trouble.

•••
Hi! Perhaps the safest thing to do is to develop it into something original that does not interfere with TM brands. It can be a small site. Keep it honestly yours. If anyone wants your domain, they will contact you and you will be in a good position to negotiate. Because real "legitimate use" gives you right to the domain. It supports your claim that you did not have the TM brand in mind when you registered the domain.

In my opinion, it is a good name itself, no need to squat. Best of luck!

Last edited:
•••
It was written about in Forbes, TechCrunch, CNBC, and other massive publications in early 2021.

It was certainly a well-known brand 2 years ago.

If you make your site about AI then that's where you'll run into trouble.

Hi, @Kyle Tully .

I agree with your appreciations. Yet, maybe OP (like myself) really had not heard about DALL-E at that time. It depends on where you live, what you do everyday, etc. Of course, since OP admittedly knows about DALL-E now, I totally agree with your advice.

•••
But seriously, AI has been a thing for Artificial Intelligence for MANY years.
Companies like OpenAI will strictly monitor it; you might have paid $ 70$ for reg fees or bought it.
But its your Domain, your choice.

Show attachment 1715908735138.webp

#MrWorldwide
#PitBull

zotix

Last edited:
•••
$0.

Open AI has no interest in the domain, and DALLE is too close to Open AI's DALL·E to be used for any AI-related service, and since it's a .ai domain it wouldn't be used for anything else.

— The trademark that is under discussion is "Pending"
So what? Once the trademark is approved, he won't be able to sell the domain without risking an UDPR.

— The trademark that is under discussion is for "DALL-E", not "DALLE"
Doesn't matter, they're too similar. You can't create a service similar to Dell's PowerScale and then brand it "Power-Scale," and think you'll be fine.

Last edited:
•••
I mean, he said:
Also, the AI tld is first and foremost the tld for Anguilla, which is the subject of my website. It's just more valuable to make it about artificial intelligence.

So you want to operate with DALLE.ai, in Anguilla? Bro, roughly 1300 people living there.....
sorry..

hahahaha

EDIT:
Need to correct my post, since my source was outdated, we have 10x.

• The current population of Anguilla is 15,931 as of Thursday, May 16, 2024, based on the latest United Nations estimates.
  • Anguilla population is equivalent to 0.0002% of the total world population.
  • Anguilla ranks number 223 in the list of countries (and dependencies) by population.
  • The population density in Anguilla is 177 per Km2 (458 people per mi2).
  • The total land area is 90 Km2 (35 sq. miles)
  • 97.6 % of the population is urban (15,521 people in 2023)

Source: https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/anguilla-population/

Last edited:
•••
I mean, he said:

So you want to operate with DALLE.ai, in Anguilla? Bro, roughly 1300 people living there.....
sorry..

hahahaha
Yeah, I've noticed this too. A lot of people are feigning innocence, there was another guy who registered onlyfanstore.com alleging that it was intended to be used for a store for electric fans despite it being very obvious that he was trying to capitalize on an existing brand.

•••
I appreciate everybody's opinion on this! Now I'm actually curious if Open AI might take any action lol. In the meantime, I think the safest bet is to keep it as a travel blog about Caribbean island.

•••
I appreciate everybody's opinion on this! Now I'm actually curious if Open AI might take any action lol. In the meantime, I think the safest bet is to keep it as a travel blog about Caribbean island.
Make it for real, make it the best of its kind if you can. I maybe wrong, but I think DALL-E one day will evolve into something else with a different name. On the other hand, people will always be interested in travel and the Caribbean. If you are creative and have the tools, there is always something new and original to be built on any domain.

•••
Make it for real, make it the best of its kind if you can. I maybe wrong, but I think DALL-E one day will evolve into something else with a different name. On the other hand, people will always be interested in travel and the Caribbean. If you are creative and have the tools, there is always something new and original to be built on any domain.
Thank you for the encouraging message, I agree that this is the way to go.

•••
Thank you for the encouraging message, I agree that this is the way to go.
I possess neither the money nor the tools to afford buying and developing it myself, but I have thought of a completely different use of your name (one related to the meaning of the root word, not the acronym or the now renown brands). As far as I know (research in progress), it would be something new and disruptive. No need to feign here, IMHO.

By the way, I saw you have been running a travel website there since, at least, 2021. So you have already something to continue building upon, but, again, keep it honest. Best thing to do is consult an IP expert like John Berryhill for example, your asset is worth the care.

Probably this thread was intended and has done well for promoting your name, but I have learned a couple of things on the way also, so thank you.

Best wishes!

•••
I don't know if Dr. Berryhil is that good, but I think he won't have the capacity to answer every legal topic related to the thread since he is not working for UNICEF and providing free support (that is my humble opinion).

An honest opinion and advice: Sell the Domain and forget it. I already had some conflicts with big companies.
best
zotix

•••
I don't know if Dr. Berryhil is that good, but I think he won't have the capacity to answer every legal topic related to the thread since he is not working for UNICEF and providing free support (that is my humble opinion).
Hi, @zotix, my mistake, I was thinking about a paid consult to an IP expert and only mentioned John Berryhill as an example. (thus I didn't tag him). Probably I wasn't clear enough, due to language limitations.

Best regards

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back