NameSilo

Your Crypto Investments ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AhmedAshraf

Established Member
Impact
Any fellow domainer with some cryptocurrency assets ?
if so, Post here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Got some bitcoins.
Got a bitcoin blog.
End of story.

•••
I've been investing via mcxNOW for a while. Great exchange; just a shame they don't support more currencies.

I might throw a few ASICs in my basement mini-datacenter, if I get around to it. Probably SHA256; scrypt ASICs aren't mature enough yet.

•••
Actually not.
Earlier this year, read too many articles about bitcoin.
And decided that hey, yet another way to hide some money from the government.
And more and more companies are accepting bitcoins as payment.
So that bypasses paypal and credit cards.

•••
Anybody interested in building an exchange? :)

Well, I have thought about that before, the problem is :
1) It could be technically hard to create
2) Even harder to secure.

•••
•••
fans of potcoin check out the weekly show on youtube "mad pot coins"

•••
I will maybe make s new thread about it but an interesting crypto asset is storjx this is from the company storj.io
The storj system is in beta basicly itIis a decentral dropbox that pays you in storjx to make hd space available to the network. to store things you need to pay in storjx

•••
Bought 60K doges.. I stronly think 1 doge will hit $1 or even $5 upto 2020..
I am gonna buy 200K doges in coming future..!!

•••
What do you base this prediction on?

Before Bitstamp hacked, market price is stable around $350.

Bitstamp is not run with customer's btc like mt.gox, they will be paid for everyone(not sure), so might be a chance to increase the price upto $400 because they have to pay around 19,000+ BTC.

just my thoughts ;)

•••
Had i followed your prediction, i would have made a good loss.

The bitcoin value has recently sunk below $200.

This is very rare scenario and 1st time happened in last 14 months down(about 60% loss) in history.

i accept that my predication gone in another side :(

due to the huge down many companies closed their mining operations. this is very bad news.

DO NOT BUY / SELL until get some stable price at-least for a week.

Glad you didn't lose :)

•••
This is very rare scenario and 1st time happened in last 14 months down(about 60% loss) in history.

i accept that my predication gone in another side :(

due to the huge down many companies closed their mining operations. this is very bad news.

DO NOT BUY / SELL until get some stable price at-least for a week.

Glad you didn't lose :)

I wish you recover your losses too, and start making profits bud.

•••
Swooped today:

OKcrypto/com
CryptoRanks/com (already own CoinRanks/com)

•••
What is Lisk and where I can find it? :)
http://lisk.io/

The ICO has ended now, so you will have to wait for the launch to be able to get some in case you missed the ICO. Be careful not to buy from people who are already selling their Lisk. They cannot do that, and they can only sell their keys, but since they also remain to have access to the keys there is no guarantee that you won't be scammed. Better wait until the launch, it is expected that Lisk will be traded on several exchanges.

•••
Anyone else investing in DAO or Waves ?

Last edited:
•••
Waves no due to dodgy statements in the start. DAO yes because Slock.it will be another unicorn in the next few years.

•••
Hi,
I dont think people are going to / or should post any of there investements.

But yea I am very much into crypto.

•••
I bought a bitcoin's worth of Vertcoin, roughly 400 and their price has been plummeting ever since :(

•••
Hi,
I dont think people are going to / or should post any of there investements.

But yea I am very much into crypto.
I don't see why not; unlike domain names, there is no fear of backordering, so even if they post their wallet address, there is no risk of theft :)

•••
t
I bought a bitcoin's worth of Vertcoin, roughly 400 and their price has been plummeting ever since :(
Maybe try investing it in Minerals or CloakCoin; their price is soaring. Or, of course, Bitcoin, the more original the better.

•••
Bad news today, Mintpal was hacked and vericoin was the target. Possible fork incoming.

For "investing" or "trading" buy low and sell high :)

•••
•••
I've been investing via mcxNOW for a while. Great exchange; just a shame they don't support more currencies.

I might throw a few ASICs in my basement mini-datacenter, if I get around to it. Probably SHA256; scrypt ASICs aren't mature enough yet.

Keep in mind, some coins are changing algorithm to x11 to combat Scrypt ASICS monopoly, so I guess they won't even have the time to mature.

•••
Bad news today, Mintpal was hacked and vericoin was the target. Possible fork incoming.

For "investing" or "trading" buy low and sell high :)

Mt. Gox, Mintpal, I think Cryptsy is next

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back