IT.COM

registrars Would this action be considered as attempted domain theft?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I received this email this morning about a domain i only regsitered a few weeks ago ,very strange .

UNIREGISTRAR CORP has received a request from Paul Szymanski on Mar 29, 2016 for us to become the new registrar of record.
You have received this message because you are listed as the Registered Name Holder or Administrative contact for this domain name in the WHOIS database.
"Affected Domains for this action hotgirls.black"

When I replied to Uni ,that I did not know this person or had any dealings with him ,they replied promptly.

"Thank you for contacting us.
From time to time people will attempt to transfer domains in without permission, whether being intentionally or unintentionally. Once you have your domains auth code protected/private & your domains Transfer Lock on, you should not have any issues with this.
Although it is not something that we can prevent, """we have spoken to the client and advised that this is not something they should be doing"""". We do apologize for any inconveniences caused.
Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.
Thank you,

"""we have spoken to the client and advised that this is not something they should be doing"""".
Looks like a slap on the wrist,,, this looks very much like domain theft ,I would have excpeted them to deal with this person differently ...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You didn't sell it on Afternic? I get similar mails when I sell there, days before they notice me of the sale.

•••
You didn't sell it on Afternic? I get similar mails when I sell there, days before they notice me of the sale.
No ,only parked it at sedo ......

•••
Not a big issue though. Unless you approve and send auth code, no can steal your domain name.

•••
Looks like an attempted domain theft for sure. I think registrars should at the very least suspend or ban users that try to hijack domains.

•••
I received this email this morning about a domain i only regsitered a few weeks ago ,very strange .

UNIREGISTRAR CORP has received a request from Paul Szymanski on Mar 29, 2016 for us to become the new registrar of record.
You have received this message because you are listed as the Registered Name Holder or Administrative contact for this domain name in the WHOIS database.
"Affected Domains for this action hotgirls.black"

When I replied to Uni ,that I did not know this person or had any dealings with him ,they replied promptly.

"Thank you for contacting us.
From time to time people will attempt to transfer domains in without permission, whether being intentionally or unintentionally. Once you have your domains auth code protected/private & your domains Transfer Lock on, you should not have any issues with this.
Although it is not something that we can prevent, """we have spoken to the client and advised that this is not something they should be doing"""". We do apologize for any inconveniences caused.
Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.
Thank you,

"""we have spoken to the client and advised that this is not something they should be doing"""".
Looks like a slap on the wrist,,, this looks very much like domain theft ,I would have excpeted them to deal with this person differently ...
unscrupulous people try to trick novice domainers by sending out these kind of emails. The best thing is just mark it as spam, and you'll be fine :)
P.S. Sometimes I get these kind of emails. I just laugh it off as these idiots are just wasting their time :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back