IT.COM

Wordpress theme issue - Want to load page before Javascript

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have an issue that is bugging me and was hoping a programming guru can help me out :)

I have this wordpress site, on Free Dress Up Games | Free Fashion Games and Makeover Games, and whenever the homepage is reloaded/refreshed an image from the featured games box is 'blown up' all across the page.

How do I get the homepage to load before the javascript?

Thanks
Matt

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if it is the javascript causing the issue then you could simply put the javascript at the bottom of the page. This is usually advised regardless anyway as it helps pages load faster.

Also I notice that the google analytics is at the top. This can slow the page down tremendously as the page loads sequentially. If the google servers are slow then the rest of the page will not load until the google servers respond.

•••
if it is the javascript causing the issue then you could simply put the javascript at the bottom of the page. This is usually advised regardless anyway as it helps pages load faster.

Also I notice that the google analytics is at the top. This can slow the page down tremendously as the page loads sequentially. If the google servers are slow then the rest of the page will not load until the google servers respond.
Thanks Peter, Ill give this a shot. With the G.A., the latest (asynchronous) version is supposed to sit between the <head></head>. Cheers.

•••
which is why I no longer use GA and rely on my cpanel Awstats to monitor traffic and everything. I still use Google's Webmaster tools and I use the Google verify meta tag as well Google's sitemap plugin, but GA has been known to slow sites down, so I removed it.
The fact that it has been changed so that it is in the head tag is one more reason NOT to use it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back