IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

biggie

GreenFriendly.comTop Member
Impact
:talk:

"tags" at the bottom of each thread, is something I never paid much attention to before.

but lately I've noticed some clowns are going around using this area to leave "derogatory" comments about members randomly.

I see this as a loophole for mischief and perhaps it should be monitored or add function so you'll know who added what tag.

this way I can confront their ass!

:)

imo....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
:talk:

"tags" at the bottom of each thread, is something I never paid much attention to before.

but lately I've noticed some clowns are going around using this area to leave "derogatory" comments about members randomly.

I see this as a loophole for mischief and perhaps it should be monitored or add function so you'll know who added what tag.

this way I can confront their ass!

:)

imo....

Couldn't agree more. I've also got a bone to pick with some yellow bellied cowards, concerning tags aimed at me

Last edited:
•••
all your base are, belong to us, bozo was here, clowns; tag here, cowards, dont look down, its the nsa, snowdon was here, stop crying, tupac > biggie

Man, Stevie could have seen this coming ^^^

(none are mine, btw)
As OP I think you can reset them.

Peace,
Cy

•••
i've added silly irrelevant tags before. im kind of a clown.

i went all yesterday without smiling though and only read about serious topics on the internet so this seems to be helping my bad habit...

really though, i bought lots of .mobi years ago so people should KNOW not to take me seriously..

•••
I'm not a heavy tagger myself, and I must have been a victim of derogatory tags at some point.
I don't take it personally, it's just an Internet forum with people you've never met.

But I understand some tags can be cruel and amount to a form of bullying...
I think the mods can see the identities behind the tags.

•••
What, no speculative domainers here?

Congratulations!
TAGCLOWN.COM
is available. Snap it up before someone else does.

Congratulations!
TAGCLOWNS.COM
is available. Snap it up before someone else does.

•••
I wouldn't complain too much - the best thing on this entire thread is:

tupac > biggie

That made me laugh (and it wasn't me)

Tag Forever Bubble
all your base are, belong to us, bozo was here, clowns; tag here, cowards, dont look down, its the nsa, snowdon was here, stop crying, tupac > biggie

•••
I'm going through permissions for each forum and changing the settings to the following to help prevent abuse.

Can tag own threads = Yes
Can delete tags on own threads = Yes
Can tag others threads = No

It seems some forum permissions are set differently than others, so i'm going to have to go through each one, one at a time & set usergroups to the above settings. This may take some time to do so bear with me. Hopefully we'll have everything set by the end of the day or sooner.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention,

Eric Lyon

•••
Horrible idea. One of the fun things about this forum, most were in fun. Now you just killed it, when you could just delete the ones you thought were abusive, or give rights to OP to do that. Now can't tag shoot the shit thread.

•••
Why the Tagging Change

Tagging, It's been around for aeons. I've been tagging threads since about 2009. It's one of the few fun things left that lets people be creative and clever.

Now I understand things that are offensive (the majority are just fun) but changing it so no one can tag is an OTT response to one complaint without any details is plain overreactionary boneheadedness.

I don't know what "derogatory" means. I just did a quick look and see for some random users:

Biggie is a smallie... wow, that hurts.
Gilsan is a homophobe.... wow, that's just fact
Sdsinc der Kommisar! ... In the context of the thread that's funny
defaultuser is my granny ... ok, because Johname is his mommy too
defaultuser is sexy <--that's ironic I have to assume
johname knows his $hit <---he shoots it all the time
mods are douches

Hardly anything worth getting your knickers in a twist.

i see comments often stating how clever tags are:

glad tags and bad rags
john conner <-in the robot thread

The Shoot the Sh.. thread regularly tag resets and lets people have fun... we make fun of ourselves and each other. If one is nasty I delete it. Why can't we continue that?

What's wrong with the old system where the thread starter deletes all the tags that are added that he personally doesn't like?
Don't like a tag - pm the thread owner or a mod and get it deleted

What's wrong with this place? Where's the effing humor?

What was SOOOO offensive we have to institute such a drastic change here? What's wrong with the normal - complain, then award misconduct points for things that are offensive?

I posted my own thread because I figured if Biggie can complain and get his way and change the entire course of Namepros that maybe I can complain and get my way... just seeing if that's how it works.

Probably, not. Eh.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE DECISION.

Thanks Biggie for complaining about tagging and Eric for cow towing.

Last edited:
•••
Horrible idea. One of the fun things about this forum, most were in fun. Now you just killed it, when you could just delete the ones you thought were abusive, or give rights to OP to do that. Now can't tag shoot the shit thread.

I can meet you half way on that, I've re-enabled tagging for all in the "Break Room" forum. However, The marketplace and business discussion related forums will remain blocked from others tagging their threads with insults, threats, trolling, thread crashing, etc.. type tags. ;)

Eric Lyon

•••
insults, threats, trolling, thread crashing, etc.. type tags. ;)
Eric Lyon

Examples? Do you have a ratio of good / funny / harmless vs insulting?

Making a horrible idea only half horrible idea. Yay!

•••
Examples? Do you have a ratio of good / funny / harmless vs insulting?

Making a horrible idea only half horrible idea. Yay!

Are you implying that some form of insults and thread crashing tags should be allowed in a business marketplace?

I can't see how that could possibly resemble anything professional allowing any form of insulting, trolling, tread crashing tags in a business environment.

I appreciate your thoughts though,

Eric Lyon

•••
Are you implying that some form of insults and thread crashing tags should be allowed in a business marketplace?

You've also made changes to more than the marketplace so I find your post somewhat disingenuous. I also resent the implication that I think thread crashing business threads is ok - this is more offensive to me than most of the tags I see.

What I'm saying that I believe most tags are non-insulting and amusing. I have no issue with not tagging the marketplace. I try not to tag in the marketplace myself because I assume that no comments / no tags rule applies. I may have a couple but generally speaking I don't interfere with the "business" side.

Let's go all out.. let's prevent signatures too in case I get offended that Raider is a staunch republican or something. (and I know I can switch them off )

•••

I can't see how that could possibly resemble anything professional allowing any form of insulting, trolling, tread crashing tags in a business environment.

..but..but....it's fun...:'(

For some, kindergarten never ended... :rolleyes:

•••
Do you even domain brahhhh

I used to tag up on walls when I was a juvenile delinquent.

I vote for freedom to tag threads, just no over the top offensive tags IMO

•••
•••
..but..but....it's fun...:'(

For some, kindergarten never ended... :rolleyes:

And for every female I've dated, high school never ended, even though they are 25-30 years old :\
lmfaooo oh wells :p

•••
You've also made changes to more than the marketplace so I find your post somewhat disingenuous. I also resent the implication that I think thread crashing business threads is ok - this is more offensive to me than most of the tags I see.

What I'm saying that I believe most tags are non-insulting and amusing. I have no issue with not tagging the marketplace. I try not to tag in the marketplace myself because I assume that no comments / no tags rule applies. I may have a couple but generally speaking I don't interfere with the "business" side.

Let's go all out.. let's prevent signatures too in case I get offended that Raider is a staunch republican or something. (and I know I can switch them off )
I'll make it easier to understand,

Posting a comment holds a member responsible for there actions. Posting a tag is anonymous and members aren't held accountable.

The only real difference is that now all members will have to post a comment and be held accountable. Which I'm sure most people would agree is a better solution to cutting down on the abuse ;)

Eric Lyon

•••
Can we remove the :rolleyes: icon. I find use of it to be quite patronizing. :imho:

•••
•••
•••
I'll make it easier to understand,

Posting a comment holds a member responsible for there actions. Posting a tag is anonymous and members aren't held accountable.

The only real difference is that now all members will have to post a comment and be held accountable. Which I'm sure most people would agree is a better solution to cutting down on the abuse ;)

Eric Lyon

To be fair, Biggies request was that taggers be known not that they not be allowed, so I apologize for insinuating that he made this change happen.

That said, I'm still not sure that there was much abuse. that warranted the change.... but whatever... what's done is done.

•••
To be fair, Biggies request was that taggers be known not that they not be allowed, so I apologize for insinuating that he made this change happen.

That said, I'm still not sure that there was much abuse. that warranted the change.... but whatever... what's done is done.

we've actually been getting reports about tag abuse for years and sometimes they got worse than the amount of spammers we deal with daily. Last year most of the forums had tagging removed except for the thread starter, however after a few more reports this last week, including this thread that served as a reminder to take another look, it appears that a couple user groups were bypassing the previous settings and still able to harass members via the tags. So today, those loopholes were closed and now only the thread starter can tag there threads except in the break room. That's the place to unwind and not take business to seruous.

Eric Lyon

•••
we've actually been getting reports about tag abuse for years and sometimes they got worse than the amount of spammers we deal with daily. Last year most of the forums had tagging removed except for the thread starter, however after a few more reports this last week, including this thread that served as a reminder to take another look, it appears that a couple user groups were bypassing the previous settings and still able to harass members via the tags. So today, those loopholes were closed and now only the thread starter can tag there threads except in the break room. That's the place to unwind and not take business to seruous.

Eric Lyon

Thats a much better explanation.

Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back